I really value the expertise here. And I hope this post might be of help to me and others on this forum. Here is the situation, I acquired a Lyman 36 sight that fits on M-S Models 1924 and 1950, even though I have neither rifle. Recently I acquired the instructions for mounting the sight.

Reading through the instructions, I realized that I was missing some parts, what the instructions call the "pressure screw" and the "pivot screw". And along with the instructions came a small bag containing a pivot pin and pressure screw. I am assuming that someone in putting a Lyman 36 on his rifle, put the original parts back in the bag with the instructions. So with the help of pictures I found on the internet, I made my own new pressure and pivot screws. These are shown in the picture below along with the base.

I measured the pin that came in the bag and it looks like a 3mm pin,
so I made a "pivot screw" with the end threaded 3mm 0.6mm spacing between the threads. The screw however slips right through the hole drilled in the base. A 5-40 screw, which has a slightly larger diameter, engages the threads loosely. So I don't know if maybe the hole in my base had been stripped out and re-tapped for a different thread.

I'd like to sell the sight eventually, but I don't want someone to buy it and realize it won't work on their rifle. I have a milling machine and making a new base is not hard, the base is pretty simple.

Ok, I am sorry for the long-winded explanation, now here is the help I would like. Ideally, I would like to find someone the has bought a Lyman 36 sight to mount on a 1924 or 1950 and found that he doesn't have the pressure and pivot screws. It seems like more than half of the Lyman 36's in this model that are sold on the internet are missing these. I'd like to send that person the screws that I made with the understanding that they would mount the sight on the rifle and give me feedback on the parts. They can keep them, I can always make more. I just want the feedback.