May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
1 members (playing hooky), 625 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,498
Posts545,402
Members14,412
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 13 of 20 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 19 20
King Brown #542464 03/28/19 01:00 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Hope he draws it soo....um.....never mind

Dumb, but learning...Prof Em, BSc(ME), CAE (FYI)
keith #542472 03/28/19 02:52 PM
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Ah, keith, I love ya. Did you file one of my first posts that the hunting fraternity won't be recognizable from what it was when I joined it nearly 80 years ago? In another post I said it would be unrecognizable before I'm dead. We're there now. Each massacre restricts freedom everywhere, one way or another, of what we've done responsibly and legally all our lives. An authoritarianism reigns, constitutions change seemingly in a flash, fearful majorities say enough is enough. It's a conceit to believe otherwise; our blood relationship is fractured, gone. Some lulling, eh!

King Brown #542473 03/28/19 03:17 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
Ah, keith, I love ya. Did you file one of my first posts that the hunting fraternity won't be recognizable from what it was when I joined it nearly 80 years ago? In another post I said it would be unrecognizable before I'm dead. We're there now. Each massacre restricts freedom everywhere, one way or another, of what we've done responsibly and legally all our lives. An authoritarianism reigns, constitutions change seemingly in a flash, fearful majorities say enough is enough. It's a conceit to believe otherwise; our blood relationship is fractured, gone. Some lulling, eh!

https://youtu.be/MRuS3dxKK9U

:22-:24 lol

King Brown #542526 03/29/19 09:18 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Massacres don't restrict firearms freedoms King. But liberal left anti-gunners certainly do. Funny they aren't so concerned about greater numbers of people dying from other preventable causes such as opiate overdoses or teens texting while driving.

And you act as though hunting is coming to some inevitable end when nothing could be further from the truth. Times and equipment have changed, and so have habitats in many places. But the lesser participation we see in some quarters is also happening with many other non-shooting activities, and is not indicative of a culture discarding guns or gun rights. Again, that particular assault is coming from you and yours.... the Liberal Left. You can pretend you are on our side, but your words and actions betray you.

The times... they are a-changing though. It is getting harder for pedophiles to prey upon children without getting caught. Things like DNA catch killers and rapists who would have slipped through the cracks when you were young It is getting harder for bosses and politicians and people in power to abuse and molest women without getting busted. And it is finally getting harder for anti-gunners to pretend they are on our side while they slip under our Big Tent and stab us in the backs.

This is as it should be. And your words and rhetoric should remain as a legacy... and a lesson that just because someone owns and shoots a few guns does not mean they are in any way helping to preserve gun rights for present or future generations.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

keith #542532 03/29/19 10:24 AM
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Massacres don't restrict freedoms? Say that to Anzacs. US responded with bump stocks, Canada tightening background checks, considering handgun ban.

Remember my post that it had to happen; majorities rule? Majorities are in cities occupied by rural folk to take in each other's wash, couldn't make it at home.

None of our three girls and three boys, eight grandchildren and seven great grandchildren have slightest interest in guns, around them here all the time.

They see me as a throwback, a sort of dinosaur, to be patronized for a few more years because the guns will be gone when I'm gone.

I'm of my time, they of theirs. I admire them for not wanting to kill birds and animals. They know I admire them for it. That's part of my legacy, too.

King Brown #542534 03/29/19 10:33 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

They see me as a throwback, a sort of dinosaur, to be patronized...

More like dotard.

Massacre in the Midlands.

https://youtu.be/WARs-xon-Xg

lonesome roads #542543 03/29/19 12:19 PM
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Dinosaur, lonesome. No one accuses me of dotage. My wish for you is to be as healthy and active and useful and happy as as I am in the wage economy at my age.

King Brown #542549 03/29/19 02:58 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

... useful and happy as as I am in the wage economy at my age.

And what, pray tell, is this useful service provided?

lonesome roads #542568 03/29/19 06:48 PM
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Husbanding a good woman, taking my turn at the communal oars is part of it, natually. Professionally, president of a provincial private woodlot owners organization, fastest growing in sustainable forestry to the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) standard in Canada, ranked third and fourth in size and growth in North America.

King Brown #542592 03/30/19 01:37 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

No King, you are wrong. Massacres still don't restrict freedoms. If that was true, the massacre of 87 innocents in Nice, France in 2016 would have resulted in restrictions on trucks, Muslims, or both. The firearms restrictions you reference were the typical response when the Liberal Left exploits tragedy and emotions in the aftermath of crimes where the firearms they despise were used.

If the great object was really saving lives, then where is that same "If it only saves one life...." attitude when it comes to stemming the flow of drugs across our Southern border when we have more opiate overdoses in one year than the entire total of combat deaths during the entire Viet Nam war?

I gave you other examples, but you aren't interested in being truthful. You would much rather twist and deflect and change the subject by once again boring us all to tears with bloviating and bragging about your pulpwood harvesting consortium. Personally, I hope to be successful and productive enough that I can enjoy retirement long before I reach your age.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Page 13 of 20 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 19 20

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.