Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 6 19 20
King Brown #541987 03/22/19 08:51 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Ed, wouldn't it be nice if you and King could just make all of your past statements on the subject of gun control just disappear? Unfortunately, you can't, and the anti-2nd Amendment reputation you have created for yourselves will be your legacy here:

Originally Posted By: ed good
as for the gun control issue...we are the only country in the world that seems to tolerate mass murder, in the name of an individual right...its about time that we as a society realize that we are over gunned with too many super dangerous weapons in the hands of too many super dangerous people... it is long past time to do as the rest of the civilized world has done and simply, disarm...

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

King Brown #541989 03/22/19 09:00 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
....I noted little response on the forum, one way or the other, and offered my impression of Canadian gun and gun-shop owners and their organizations as giving up gun rights as a lost cause. If that were so, Canada with its own massacres, US and NZ are in the same boat. A trend?

Probing thoughts King, but the probe is over, eh?

I must have missed it. When did lil justin proclaim that you have gun rights? Maybe, whatever he giveth, he can taketh, like all good rights should be? Unfortunately, it seems you're spot on, NZ and Canada seem to be in the same boat, eh? Oh no, it may be faint, but the US of A still has a pulse, or your barometer says no?

King Brown #541991 03/22/19 09:16 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

uh keet, please be so kind, as to esplain to us, zacky how suggesting that the general public consider voluntary disarmament in the interest of public safety, is some how anti second amendment?

it works for canada an europe...why not us? are we really all that more different and violent that we all need to be walking around packing heat?

Last edited by ed good; 03/22/19 09:21 PM.

keep it simple and keep it safe...
King Brown #541993 03/22/19 09:37 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

this whole concealed carry paranoia syndrome, reminds me of the cold war mutual destruction detente...

maybe we should all be wearing suicide vests, so a potential assailant would be assured of mutual self destruction, should we perceive that they are a threat to our well being...

Last edited by ed good; 03/22/19 09:37 PM.

keep it simple and keep it safe...
ed good #541994 03/22/19 09:37 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: craigd
When did lil justin...

Just a little bit rude, craigd.

Try Sunny Boy next time.

Originally Posted By: ed good

it works for canada an europe...

Seeing it works and Europe in the same sentence made me chuckle.

old colonel #541995 03/22/19 09:42 PM
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Michael, my post asked if there was a trend. It doesn't tell another country how to govern. Members have been particularly cautious the last couple years to steer away from partisan politics and gun control compared to other years. I posted to do otherwise would be liked bayoneting the wounded in current circumstances.

It's true Canada and New Zealand see their constitutional rights differently. Our citizens hunt and shoot to their heart's content. We don't think of it as a constitutional right to be armed, as if firearms are weapons. And we don't, as noted above, think of our electorate and parliamentarians as quislings.

Still, none will quarrel that the board isn't as toxic as it was. That's an unprecedented trend in itself. keith's comment has merit. Adults should be able to discuss gun control ad infinitum if they wish---without accusations of treachery and treason of members with other opinions.

And, Michael, this is an international board with far more attention to correctness of behaviour by others than we see from Americans. You've been pleading for common decency as long as I can remember. Please don't apply now a different standard to me.

craigd #541996 03/22/19 09:54 PM
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

The USA has a strong pulse, craig. Don't need a barometer, it's plain as pudding. Everywhere electorates are changing the way they want to be governed. Gun rights aren't given by presidents or prime ministers, you know that. As abortion, capital punishment, hate crime bills etc they're expressions of wills of legislatures. What was normal 75 years ago is now "new normal."

keith #541998 03/22/19 10:08 PM
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

keith, I wouldn't want my posts to disappear. I've never understood why you repeated them. They make as much sense to me and others as proponents of other points of view. Political parties don't run their opponents' TV spots.

King Brown #541999 03/22/19 10:17 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
....Gun rights aren't given by presidents or prime ministers, you know that. As abortion, capital punishment, hate crime bills etc they're expressions of wills of legislatures....

And, you hunt and shoot to your heart's content? Your heart's not in it, eh?

King Brown #542000 03/22/19 10:19 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

King, much of what you see as "common decency" has been highly inflammatory Trolling for many years. It is one thing to discuss gun rights and the never ending threat to those rights. It is another thing entirely to make calls for disarming the American public, as your pal Ed has done, and to then make the moronic claim that such talk has nothing to do with support for infringements upon the 2nd Amendment.

Then we've had you many times saying you've never ever seen any anti-gun sentiment here in all your years on this forum. That is totally dishonest, and equally inflammatory. Then when you Troll your support for politicians like Obama with 100% anti-gun voting records on a firearms enthusiasts website, you shouldn't be shocked when shit-storms erupt. Canada has it's Gunnutz forum, Why don't you take your anti-gun crap and support for those who wish to ban guns there?

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Page 4 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 6 19 20

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.