March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
2 members (eightbore, SKB), 684 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,376
Posts544,025
Members14,391
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 12
Sidelock
Sidelock

If this is at all Cabelas it must be new, last year i bought a Dickinson shotgun from Cabelas the guy let me dry fire it to check the trigger pull no problem.

Terry

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

The DHE was, IMO- a "compromised" gun-- 28&1/2" barrels, ejector B'tail forearm would NOT release when the latch was tripped, most DHE's had the skeleton steel BP- this had a Mershon White Line pad- with a shortened LOP-- The manager told me the customer from whom they bought it- was "conned" into the belief that Larry Del Grego had refinished- wood, checking, barrel blue and case colours- the customer who unloaded the gun to GL-BPS took it "on the chin"-- they had it for sale at NOW- $4000-- formerly $5000 plus tax-- wow.

SN is 135XXX- according to the PGCA sn charts, aprox 1906-- When did Parker Bros. first offer the beavertail FE- 1920's-- and when did the Mershon White Line recoil pad become available??

Caveat Empetor??

Last edited by Run With The Fox; 03/16/19 07:49 AM.

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
Sidelock

I looked at a Perazzi Mirage at a Cabelas two weeks ago...I slid the safety and the trigger group fell out onto the ground. The sales guy and I were both surprised!

NRA Patron Life Member
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Run With The Fox
Visited the area Gun Library today (3/15) to check out a 12 Parker DHE-- All their guns have the trigger locks in place. After a look-see, I asked the GL manager to pls. remove the trigger locks, so I could check for: safety function, trigger pulls and ejector function. "Sorry, Sir, but Bass Pro Shops policy is: We can only do this after you have purchased the gun>"

Can you believe this- no one I know in their right mind would buy a gun in that price range w/o doing what I wanted to do. RWTF--

Simple corporate legal logic: It is better to lose a sale then it is to lose a lawsuit.

I have become addicted to English hammered shotguns to the detriment of my wallet.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: dal
Can I check this gun out please...sure...can you remove the trigger lock please....sure...then the guy pulls a few shells out of his pocket....see where I'm going with this. the lawyers would love this scenario. The world has changed...get use to it. pretty much trying to avoid this scene from the Terminator.

https://youtu.be/BIPCn-aYMoM

No dla (sic), the world hasn't changed much at all. Sick demented killers have always found creative ways to kill large numbers of people.

Here's a link to one of the worst massacres in U.S. history, the March 25, 1990 Happyland Dance Club murders. 87 people were killed and 6 injured when a jealous man used about $1.00 worth of gasoline to ignite an arson fire at a NYC Dance Club

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/back-fatal-happy-land-fire-25-years-gallery-1.2161895

Or how about we go back further and look at the worst school massacre in U.S. history where a custodian planted bombs in a school in Bath Township, Michigan on May 18, 1927. 44 people were killed including 38 students, and many more were injured.

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/1...acre-180963355/

The real problem here is that Liberal Left lawmakers will insist that corporations selling firearms, like Cabelas, should be held legally responsible for unpredictable acts of murderers, but they wouldn't wish to hold Exxon-Mobil responsible because an arsonist/murderer pumped gas from an unlocked gas pump to secure his weapon of choice. The same Liberal Left lawmakers will fight tooth and nail to stop the death penalty for an arsonist/murderer, and fight even harder to permit late term abortions of babies. When you get your logic and ideas from an Arnold Schwartznegger film, the results are predictable. So should Orion Pictures be held liable for producing the Terminator movie and giving killers inspiration?

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Well said, keith. Very well said.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Hang on guys, dal is just wants the world to be a safer place. Trigger locks, get used to them, and there's more to come. Never mind that they apparently come off, legally. See what I mean, and pass the popcorn.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Yes, keith. The world would be a better place if there were no liberals.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
Yes, keith. The world would be a better place if there were no liberals.

Let's for once face reality King. The Cabelas/Bass Pro Shop policy in this thread, and the recent decision by Dick's Sporting Goods to cease sales of all hunting gear doesn't come because of pro-gun Conservatives. This is a result of Liberalism and Liberal Left attitudes.

It's also time to face up to the reality that gun owners who support Liberal Left Democrats are by direct association supporting further assaults on the gun rights of law abiding citizens. They are also supporting a system of tort-law that would permit lawsuits that would bankrupt Sporting Goods stores and Firearms manufacturers if some nutter loaded a gun he was looking at and started killing people. Dick's policy to stop selling AR-15's after the Newtown shooting was a result of a Liberal CEO bowing to pressure from Liberal Left Democrats. Now they are stopping sales of all guns and hunting gear.

Never mind that far more teens die as a result of texting while driving vs. school shootings. Never mind that more people are murdered annually here in the Wild West USA by hammers than by rifles of all types. Never mind that over 70,000 people died in 2017 in the U.S from opiate overdoses, and Liberal Democrats refuse to adequately fund Border Security.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

dal Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

you seriously need help dude!

Life is too short to have a 'hate on' for so many things or people. Isn't it?
Page 2 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.