May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
4 members (Santiago Chahin, Sun Dog, SKB, 1 invisible), 662 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,506
Posts545,601
Members14,419
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 19 of 23 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
JHJ Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Started by politicians over the issue of agrarian economics. Fought by men for anything but that. The north won by out spending the south. Not by out fighting the south.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Brent;
I can't speak for Stan, but will speak for "ME".
There are parts of this last post I agree with & parts I disagree with.
I do agree the war was "Stupid", I just happen to disagree with which side played the Stupid part.

I also disagree with "I think that war has been over for a long time". That war has never ended & it's not all on the part of the South.

Just recently the City of Memphis TN sold two city parks for $1,000 each. I do not personally know the value of these parks but suspect they ran into the $Millions". They sold them on the Sly, with no input from the public of that city, even though they were public property. Why were they Sold? One of them was the burying place of N B Forrest & his Wife Mary & also had a statue of Forrest on it. TN State Law prohibits a Municipality from disturbing a historical monument. It was sold to a "Private" buyer & within a week under cover of darkness & with City Police protection the statue was removed. Plans are underway for Exhuming & removing the bodies of Forrest & his wife. Forrest descendants along with the SCV now has filed a lawsuit against the city to the tune of 3 Million Dollars So you may say this is, in fact, a Southern City. Totally Correct, but it is the influence of more than 1150 years of Northern Lies concerning the South which brought this on.

So you may say, Forrest was a slave trader. True, but during his time of that profession it was both Legal & Constitutional. If Both men's life & statements are studied it becomes quite clear Nathan Bedford Forrest, actually held the Black Race at a higher level & in more Esteem for them, than Did Abraham Lincoln. Lincoln flatly stated that Black People were inferior to Whites, & could never live as equals in the same nation with whites, he simply wanted them deported from the USA.

Forrest told a Black Organization shortly after the war, which was more or less a for-runner of the NAACP that they could be Whatever they wanted to be, Doctors, Lawers or any other occupation they chose & Which they "Were Willing to Work For".

You won't read that in any School History book, too much actual history has been Hidden away, all for the p[urpose of Justifying Lincolns Unconstitutional invasion of the South, in the name of Slavery. Lincoln did not free a single slave he had any authority to free. He, of course, had no authority to free those which he stated to be free in his Emancipation Proclamation.

In fact, he stated i9n that proclamation he had no authority to free slaves in the USA, Except in those states in Rebellion. He, in fact, was playing both sides of the fence. Whether he recognized those states as a part of the USA or as another Nation, he had no authority Either Way.

I do totally agree this has nothing to do with 2" chambered guns. RWTF did throw out a little comment concerning Sherman & other Villians which I did not respond to. I give "YOU" full credit for sidetracking this thread, From your comment about the Stupidity of the South, it's obvious the War has not ended for you either.

Miller/TN
I Didn't Say Everything I Said, Yogi Berra
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
We're all stupid in different ways.

King, are you thinking of the stupidity of supporting Liberal Left Democrat anti-gunners and gun control on a firearms forum?

It's hardly mean-spirited to note that I'm an Obama supporter. I'm proud of it, apparent here as long as he's been around. He's anti-gun but has kept his legislative gun in his holster to position his party for '16.

C'mon, mc, I'm just like you, admiring some presidents, less so others, just as I do our prime ministers. Some members are tired of my praising Obama as one who will go down in history as one of the best. What's malicious in that? Just an opinion on an international board, no better than yours.

My post wasn't about taking away rights, Jim. Rights are bumping against other rights everywhere i.e. voter rights, civil rights, women rights, gun rights, environmental rights, worker rights, worship rights etc.

I don't think of you as a lesser person or enemy because you believe the 2nd is a sacred and inviolable right under some natural law. I don't agree. Neither do courts that arbitrate differently on that inviolability from time to time.

Democracies make choices. Americans accept mass murder to defend an individual right to bear arms in the name of personal freedom.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Amen...pass the plate

JHJ Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

My recolection is fuzzy here, but im quite certain Sherman rid himself of the "emancipated" contraband, tagging along, by removing bridge stucture at some river. Want more proof of yankee hypocrisy? Read the transcipts of the Lincoln-Douglas debates. Lincolns white supremacy is quite obvious. I had to move from Ohio to South Carolina to find out.

Sidelock
Sidelock

war is man's ultimate act of insanity...civil war, is worse...it is man's ultimate act of insane stupidity...

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

When a man reaches the end of the rope not many choices left Ed...

Sidelock
Sidelock

The war of 1861-1865 was "NOT" a Civil War, even though many called it such even at the time. This was the result of a misunderstanding of the term. A Civil War is defined as a war in which a faction within a nation tries to take over the government of that nation. The Confederate States of America did not try to take over the Government of the United States of America. They just removed themselves from it & established a New Government, with their own constitution. Essentially the Same thing the colonies had done when they declared their Independence from England. Funny folks will brag about their ancestors fighting in the revolution & accuse Southerners of being Treasonists.

Miller/TN
I Didn't Say Everything I Said, Yogi Berra
JHJ Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

It seriously pisses me of that I was fed revisionist bullshit when growing up in Ohio. Perhaps that explains why I feel so comfortable where it all began.

JHJ Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: 2-piper
The war of 1861-1865 was "NOT" a Civil War, even though many called it such even at the time. This was the result of a misunderstanding of the term. A Civil War is defined as a war in which a faction within a nation tries to take over the government of that nation. The Confederate States of America did not try to take over the Government of the United States of America. They just removed themselves from it & established a New Government, with their own constitution. Essentially the Same thing the colonies had done when they declared their Independence from England. Funny folks will brag about their ancestors fighting in the revolution & accuse Southerners of being Treasonists.
Your logic is solid.

Page 19 of 23 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.