March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
8 members (Jimmy W, ksauers1, mel5141, fallschirmjaeger, 2 invisible), 809 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,376
Posts544,025
Members14,391
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Sidelock
Sidelock

I used to have an Ender's Royal Service, MBC. Sold by a specific hardware chain in Missouri, I think. Mine only fired both barrels at once. It sure was loud...Geo

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: mark
Alan, I have a box of Cresent parts. I am just back from a road trip. Give me a few days to get back in the swing. I don't think I have any stocks but I may have a forend wood. If you don't hear from me feel free to rattle my cage mark@mbabllc.com

Mark, I will send you an email in a couple of days. The forend is good to use but as is the case with many of these old guns the stock is toast. Another forum friend up in Missouri is going to Macon Gun Stocks next week on his own business and he's going to check on whether they can turn a duplicate stock for that shotgun. I fear they probably can and then I'll be in the inletting business (a business I'd rather not be in right now). I'm not that good at it and it looks like inletting for those old guns is not a beginners task.

Thanks for the offer and I appreciate the help.

Alan

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: keith
Originally Posted By: A R McDaniel Jr
Dang! They've got all kinds of neat stuff on eBay!

Alan

Yeah, but two years ago, I could see all of the Ebay Lefever parts listings on under 2 pages of 25 items per page. Now it's anywhere from 5 to 7 pages because Gun Garage and a couple others have piles of extremely over-priced Nitro Special parts. If you bought the parts from them to build a complete Nitro Special, it would probably cost nearly a grand to have a mismatched $150.00 shooter. It's always good to have several projects to work on so you can move to another when you get tempted to get impatient or pay too much for some little part that will come along soon enough at a reasonable price.

Impatient? I tripped over the darn thing for a year before I scratched the rust off of it. Projects started: 1. Enders restoration. 2. J.Stevens 335 restoration. 3. Savage 1899 22 HP Takedown restoration. 4. Mauser 95 re-stock. 5, 6, 7. Mauser 98s to re-stock. 8. Need med high rings for CZ 17 HMR. 9. Work up cast bullet load for Ruger 22 Hornet. 10. Try to find ANYTHING the Henry BBS 41 mag will shoot into a pie plate at 50 yards. There's probably more....

And that's just guns. There's a shower stall project winding up tomorrow, oak tree trimming winding up tomorrow, garden that needs planting, I fertilized heavy and it's been raining all week so mowing starts and never stops, then there's six grandkids (That's a drop everything and be grandpa thing for me).

I just don't have time to be impatient.

Unfortunately, in perusing the eBay offerings today, I saw a bunch of things that I can use.......

Thanks for all the help.

Alan

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

One of the great things about this internet demon is that a fellow can get more information in an afternoon from lots of different sources, than he could get from a month of looking through books and magazines.

I certainly appreciate the help. It makes the process a lot more fun.

Alan

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Geo. Newbern
I used to have an Ender's Royal Service, MBC. Sold by a specific hardware chain in Missouri, I think. Mine only fired both barrels at once. It sure was loud...Geo

I believe that may have been a problem with this shotgun as well. The triggers are very loose and the front trigger, if pulled just right comes extremely close (touching) to the left sear. I believe the former owner mistakenly blamed the left trigger as the culprit, hence the filing of the fin.

Alan

Sidelock
Sidelock

George and Alan: Wm. Enders Oak Leaf, Enders Royal Service, Royal Field, Royal Western, and Special Service were Crescent tradename guns for Simmons Hdw., and possibly Shapleigh Hdw. Co., St. Louis.
Enders Royal American was a Hopkins & Allen double; Enders Royal a Hunter Arms Co. Fulton tradename double.
Wm. Enders was Sales Manager in 1904, and Vice President of E.C. Simmons Hdw. in 1914.

You can find an estimated DOM here
https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1OxZo5Tkvx2G8eYf747QR9B5RJdN6Siu5JGIhfguSXXQ

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Drew, thanks for posting this. I'll read it thoroughly tonight. I hope you don't mind if I pass it along to another friend of mine who is rebuilding a Crescent as well.

Alan

Sidelock
Sidelock

I was so tickled by this thread that I've quoted most of it as an example of Americana on my blog.

https://neveryetmelted.com/2019/02/23/is-this-a-great-country-or-what-2/

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Pretty obvious that they need to ban cigar boxes. When I started the Stevens 335 it was because I had a butt plate in a cigar box that I found a shotgun for......

Alan

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

In many ways (most, probably), society has adopted a "Throw Away" mentality. There is something hardwired into my being that does not allow me to go there. I have gotten a little better about disassembling anything that has screws or bolts on it, salvaging electrical cords, etc... (you've got the picture), but If it is gun related it gets kept. Cigar boxes have given way to plastic coffee cans and ziploc bags, but the concept is still there.

I live with a "Throw Away" person. She read in a magazine once that folks need to downsize and de-clutter. I said "Go for it. Don't touch my stuff". She threw away a Lexus key and remoter the other day because she thought the handful of receipts and gum wrappers in the bottom of her purse was trash......

$350 later, a day trip to San Antonio and a new set of all other keys, and she's rethinking that attitude...

I keep it all. Most of my space in this world is filled with stuff I'm keeping for "someday". That's fine. I hope when I'm gone, the person who gets all of it can differentiate between good junk and bad junk and then keep it all.

Alan

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.