May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
5 members (eeb, Jusanothajoe, Hal M Hare, ithaca1, Hammergun), 725 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,501
Posts545,498
Members14,414
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Stan
Originally Posted By: L. Brown
If you look at the classifications of shooters at a big shoot (I've both scored and pulled at the Wisconsin Iron Man, where there will be several hundred shooters), you'll likely find more shooters in lower classifications versus higher ones.

When I read this (mis)statement it jumped right out at me as being in error. I shoot in several big shoots a year but, more importantly, I watch the scores at many others to see how several of my friends and acquaintances do. I have known for many years that the largest number of shooters in any class at a big shoot is the Master class, which is the highest class. Next in high number of participants is the AA class, which is second from the highest. This holds true at almost every big shoot of 300 participants or more. The possible exceptions are the shoots where guns and stuff are given away for every class, three deep, like the NWTF shoots, or DU shoots.

If you want to lump AA,A,B,C,D and E together and call them the "lower classifications", then sure there will be more in them, all added together, than there will be in Master class alone. But, since you said "higher ones", plural, you had to be talking about, at the very least, M and AA .............with the rest being the "lower classifications". And, your statement is wrong in that regard.

Wrong? Darn Stan . . . looks to me like a smokescreen for your own error. I went by your definition of a "big shoot"--"300 participants or more"--looked at only 2 of them. And guess what? BOTH were exceptions to what you told me above. Master class was NOT the biggest class in one case. And in neither case did Master and AA combined have more shooters than all the other classes.

Hey . . . for a guy who tells us we might find a gun that used Whitworth barrels to sleeve it (but can't show an actual example), you're telling me I'm wrong--when I just found two exceptions to what you told me I should expect. Looks to me like you're way "wronger" than I am . . . unless, of course, you can come up an actual example of the exception you proposed . . . as I did.

Eagerly looking forward to seeing a gun that was sleeved using Whitworth barrels . . .

Sidelock
Sidelock

He's veering off course, Stan. Standard tactic.
JR

Be strong, be of good courage.
God bless America, long live the Republic.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Veering? Well Mr. Roberts, your definition appeared to be pretty exclusive--and certainly excluded any shoots in this part of the country. Stan's definition was less exclusive: what holds true "at almost every big shoot of 300 participants or more." He didn't say: "Larry, don't look at shoots with 300 participants or more in Wisconsin, because they're an exception to the rule." And Mr. Jankowski made no attempt whatsoever to define a "major shoot", other than to say that there's a huge difference from other shoots. But either couldn't or wouldn't explain what the "huge difference" is.

Kinda hard to have an intelligent discussion if we can't come up with a common definition of what we're talking about. Failing that, in this case, I went back to Stan's criteria (the only one with a quantifiable element: number of participants) and applied it to shoots of that size in WI. Went back and picked up 3 more years' worth of state shoots. Out of 4 of those, in just 1 year did the number of M and AA participants exceed all other classes combined. If I really wanted to load the results, I could have looked at the Iron Man (meets the size criteria) for the last umpteen years, and I'm confident that the lower class numbers would ALWAYS exceed M + AA--by a significant margin. But I thought that wouldn't be fair, so I didn't include that.

But hey . . . if it makes you guys feel better to move the goal posts and tell me that WI shoots are an exception to the rule (even though they meet Stan's size criteria), then I have nothing else to add . . . being unwilling to research shoots of 300+ participants in other states to see if the results are any different.

Last edited by L. Brown; 02/22/19 01:42 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Hard to win a tag team match when you have no partner Larry.

Just saying.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Out of 4 of those, in just 1 year did the number of M and AA participants exceed all other classes combined.

Hey, man. It's not my criteria. You never stated what you meant by "higher classes". I took the initiative and decided to use M and AA. What was your criteria, Mr. B? I've given you an out here ...........you can answer with anything you want. But, keep in mind, a lot more members than me have "got your number".

Since you won't offer what you meant, I'll step up to the plate. The reasonable way to understand your postulation of higher/lower classes is the top 50% are the higher classes, and the lower 50% are the lower classes. That would put M, AA, A and the top half of B into the higher classes, and the bottom half or B, C, D and E in the lower. You don't even have to include the top half of B in the higher to begin to see that the registrations are heavily weighed toward the higher, not the lower, as you claim.

Gator Cup 2019 - 729 entrants - 440 in M, AA and A

http://www.winscoreonline.com/view_resul...mp;class_id=All

SRH

Last edited by Stan; 02/23/19 08:29 AM.

May God bless America and those who defend her.
JHJ Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Larry, major shoots draw most of the master class shooters based on sponsorship requirements as well as money offered and all America points, etc.. that's the difference

Sidelock
Sidelock

I think you guys are confusing mr.Larry...

Sidelock
Sidelock

Top clay target shooters shoot what they think will help them break the most targets. If they thought they could break more targets with a DT sxs, that's what most of them would be shooting. But they don't. By and large they shoot an OU. That's not because they started out with one.

Nothing the government gives you is free.
Sidelock
Sidelock

True but no one wants to admit it...

I'm living proof one can miss equally well with anything.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Stan
Out of 4 of those, in just 1 year did the number of M and AA participants exceed all other classes combined.

Hey, man. It's not my criteria. You never stated what you meant by "higher classes". I took the initiative and decided to use M and AA. What was your criteria, Mr. B? I've given you an out here ...........you can answer with anything you want. But, keep in mind, a lot more members than me have "got your number".

SRH

So Stan . . . I accepted your criteria. Both as to size and classes in a "big shoot". And you're complaining because I did . . . and then found that what you said I should expect to find didn't apply to the shoots I looked at? You're awfully darned hard to please. smile

Last edited by L. Brown; 02/23/19 08:25 AM.
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.