May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
7 members (Stanton Hillis, cpa, Chantry, SKB, Tim Wolf, 1 invisible), 390 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,498
Posts545,452
Members14,414
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Sidelock
Sidelock

I was interested in the comment of 20 ga. Beretta sore thumb. I just returned from my first Mexico dove trip. The first afternoon I used a new Browning Gold Hunter 12. It worked fine but was a little heavy for me. Next 5 shoots I used a Beretta 391, 20 ga. I liked shooting it very much but developed a blister on the first knuckle of my fat loading thumb. It's still healing. I only shot 19 boxes of cartuchos. I hope to go again next year but will be thinking of a way to avoid the sore "loading thumb", between now and then. Suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks,

> Jim Legg <

Sidelock
Sidelock

"That's the Latino way: least effort with max results"

If this were true we wouldn't be 3rd World countries now, would we?

"least effort with bad results" would be more like it. In any case it is not good to generalize.

From what I see, ammo mentioned (Fiocchi, Rio) is CIP approved, so should not be an issue. The Argentinians have locally made ammo and they are not members of CIP, so....

JC(AL)

"...it is always advisable to perceive clearly our ignorance."ť Charles Darwin
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I brought 2 21's down on different trips and melted the ribs starting at the muzzle.
You'll take a beating shooting the break open compared to a gas gun. I have also have O/U get sticky firing pins due to dirty ammo.
I go down there to shoot, nothing more. I could care less about food and lodging. But that is what most guys care about. They all complain about how hard the bed was, no hot water sometimes, food........ Then again I am in bed right after dinner and up in the AM waiting by the truck loaded up ready to go.
I go there to shoot.

Sidelock
Sidelock

If my post created an offense, I apologize. True, so true as what I meant to pen was an attempt of least effort with max results should have been as you type: "least effort with bad results." I didn't intend it as a generalization either. It was from observations in working with the railroad in Central and South America as well as an exposure to quanity wingshooting.

Kind Regards,

Raimey
rse

Sidelock
Sidelock

Raimey, no offense taken.

Now that you mention railroads, locally the leftist (marxist although they won't say so) government has managed to "invest" USD1.3 billion (one thousand three hundred million) in a railroad that does NOT operate. Some have filled their pockets with the least efforts and excellent results. For them at least. This is why we are where we are; and we are considered to be one of the latin countries with the least corruption. Go figure.

JC(AL)

P.S.: Boxbirder, sorry for the rant. jc

Sidelock
Sidelock

Marxist, I would believe that. I would venture to guess that you are from Argentina, home of fine leather, great free range beef and mate. The next time I'm in country near your location(wherever that might be), I'll spring for the Pico Sours and we'll have a discussion.

Kind Regards,

Raimey
rse

Sidelock
Sidelock

Hello Raimey,

Just PM'd you. Hope it works.

Best regards,

JC(AL)

Sidelock
Sidelock

JC(AL):

No PM that I see. Try ellenbrs@bellsouth.net and I should get it. AT&T is updating their server or software though.

Kind Regards,

Raimey
rse

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.