Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Sidelock
Sidelock

Well, I'm aiming for killing a limit of doves on my 100th birthday, Oct. 13, 2051. I don't much believe in luck. I understand the concept, but it seems to me the harder I work, the "luckier" I get. I understand I have very little control over some things in my life, but I know the One who does, and whatever He deems right for me, I'm good with. But, just the same ............I'm asking for 100.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Doesn't hurt to ask. Being worthy is another thing.

So many guns, so little time!
Sidelock
Sidelock

At 77 this is one of my toys. A Piper Super Cub, which is just a Jeep with wings. Have flown for 55 years and lord willing will continue terrorizing the citizens for a long time to come.

Im still trying to figure out what Im gonna do when I grow up....

When an old man dies a library burns to the ground. (Old African proverb)
Sidelock
Sidelock

Joe,
Nice picture of you and the Super Cub, I haven't flown any tail draggers yet, maybe that is something I need to try.
Stan

Sidelock
Sidelock

Just do it, Stan. You'll never go back. I've been flying them for 62 years.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I'm a young pilot in comparison to you guys, currently flying a 1979 Cherokee 6/300.
I would like to get into a smaller and faster 4 place airplane (Comanche), but I would like to keep my share in this airplane, nice to have the (Suburban) of airplanes, carries a big load or 6 people if you don't fill the tanks to the top.
Stan

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Stanley Hoover
Joe,
Nice picture of you and the Super Cub, I haven't flown any tail draggers yet, maybe that is something I need to try.
Stan

Stanley, if God had intended flying things to have a nose gear he'd have given birds a third leg up near their beak. Taildraggers and double guns just seem to go together--both are a whole lot better in the field than new stuff. I flew Bonanzas for 17 years when I needed speed but these days its low and slow and there's not a lot of river gravel bars I can't land on to pee or whatever. And with a Super Cub when the weather is nice you fly it with the door wide open and wind blowing in your face. I can fly over the highest peaks in the country but the real fun is down at treetop level. And yes, there is a bit of snob satisfaction when the new whiz bang pilots see what these planes can do. Try it--you'll never go back.

When an old man dies a library burns to the ground. (Old African proverb)
Sidelock
Sidelock

Good points Joe,
I'll have to remember that.
Stan

Sidelock
Sidelock

Sounds to me like you "broke even" Alan. An old-tyme gamblin' term, means about the same as "takin' your Mother to the prom, or kissin' your sister-- $10.00 to show-up for the Jury pool, been there, done that. Was foreman on 2 juries back around 1999--both cases we found for the defendants-

Back then, a County Asst. Prosecutor was a neighbor- he presented a case so full of holes, swiss cheese comes to mind. After the trial, I asked him why he even brought that to trial, knowing full well he would lose that one "For the People"- rather than "Win one for the Gipper!""

Mike told me: "Hey, every once in a while we have to take a losing case to trial, just to show the taxpayers we are doing something!"-- reminded me of Joseph Heller's great novel: "Catch-22"--

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: builder
Doesn't hurt to ask. Being worthy is another thing.

So true. I'm not worthy of a single day.

Originally Posted By: A R McDaniel Jr
I got paid $10 for what I did today performing my civic duty.

Ten measly dollars!!! Y'all should have a nuclear power plant in your county paying taxes. We get $25 a day for jury duty!! laugh

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.