March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
9 members (FlyChamps, cpa, Dan S. W., canvasback, 3 invisible), 803 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,009
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#536851 02/10/19 12:36 AM
LRF Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

The following is a comment from a thread started late last year by DanLH:
Originally Posted By: DanLH
I am working on a new gun show display for a G&H display with 5 or 6 G&H rifles and 4 Howe rifles and 4 Griffin rifles, all of them Springfields. This is for the NRA display show in Feb. If I can find photos of Griffin and Howe that are in the public domain I would like to include them. Does anyone know of a source of these photos?
Thanks, Dan
I should explain that I am pretty computer illiterate, that's why I have Fred post my photos to the forum.

I was at the gunshow in Souix Falls, SD today which was sponsored by the NRA. Many wonderful displays and one of the very best was a display of G&H rifles of Dan's. Wow if you ever get a chance to see it then do so. It was nice to meet and talk to Dan. I think I heard Dan say that he's has asked Fred to post a picture.
Although I did not buy any guns at today's show, that is not to say I wasn't tempted by the many many fine guns for sale. Of particular interest was M-70 magnum action rifles. You can go to many shows and not see any M-70's in 300 or 375 H&H and at this show there were at least 5 of them in 300 H&H. All reasonable priced. I will probably kick myself at some point for not buying one. Great show and fun to meet Dan

Sidelock
Sidelock

I am looking forward to posting pictures, but nothing quite compares to being there and looking at the exhibits in person. Knowing Dan, he probably let you pick up a rifle or two to get a better look at it.

Looking back through my e-mails, I found this from Michael Petrov in 2012

"Dan Hudson talked with me today and let me know that he will have a Sedgley
display this weekend at the Kansas City gun show and wanted to let you know.
He said for you to stop by and say hello."

I met Dan at that show. It has been a good friendship.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Here are pictures of Dan's Display

Sidelock
Sidelock

I saw it, and it was quite the nicely done display.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Beautiful display! I know how much effort it takes to build up such a collection, and put it all together into a nice display like that! Well done!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Thanks for the Photos, they were special. Just Wonderful.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I made this an 8 foot display and then found out they only have 6' tables at that show, the director gave me an 8' spot and I had some plywood under the cloth to extend the table. This is the first time for this display and while I made up the rack and had the guns on it, then later I made sure the signs fit but until the show I didn't realize the vertical barrels went into the sign letters. So now I will be raising the side signs to clear the ends of the barrels but I don't think that is why I didn't win an award, there were 37 displays and only 10 awards. There were a bunch of really nice displays. Thanks to those who stopped to visit and make comments. And thanks to Bob Beach for his help.
Dan

Last edited by DanLH; 02/11/19 09:01 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

?? Is the scope in the leather case shown with those superb Springfields from one of the rifles with a G&H detachable mount? Do you know the make and model of the scope, by chance? Is the leather case made by Heiser??

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
Sidelock

We don't even do awards or chose winners for our August 2 day Collector Gun Show here. We get about 30-35 displays, and we give those tables to the first 30-35 people who buy a trade table and want to do a display.
We've avoided awards as it tends to cause hurt feelings for those who feel they were overlooked. And so far those who do a display really like it this way. We usually fill up all the trade and display tables not long after the end of each year's show.

Sidelock
Sidelock

RWTF,
Both scopes go with the rifle just above them. The one in the center is a Lyman Alaskan in G&H mount and the one on the left is a real early Noske scope and mount. Both leather cases are G&H and so marked.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.