May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
8 members (SKB, dblgnfix, Hammergun, eightbore, Mike Harrell, Roundsworth), 251 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,496
Posts545,350
Members14,410
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 21 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 20 21
SKB #530875 12/12/18 07:31 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: SKB
That fruit tart looks wonderful!

Can't hide your attraction to BrentD, eh?

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Like'n two sour fwuit pies in the same wimdow...

SKB Online Content
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: HomelessjOe
Like'n two sour fwuit pies in the same wimdow...

Frank, you are starting to make Ed look smart now and that is hard to do.

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
Sidelock
Sidelock

Even Ed is smart enough to not keep responding to someone they claim to IGNORE.

So where does that leave you? Nevermind... we already know.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Thanks Steve, she doesn't make it very often anymore - does the apple tarts sometimes - and I thought it attractive. There's not a bit of sugar in that recipe except for the apricot jam glaze. I'll try to limit what I post here to fish and game. We'll be spending Christmas in Portland and my Daughter-in-law is a fantastic cook as well and will be preparing some game.

French country folk do cook a lot of game. In the Fall in Brussels, in restaurants that serve game we had to watch out for shot still in the meat. By the way Claude Monet painted a French tart (no jokes please): Gene Williams

Last edited by Argo44; 12/12/18 09:51 AM.

Baluch are not Brahui, Brahui are Baluch
Sidelock
Sidelock

Christmas Eve in Portland, Oregon and Daughter-in-law, to whom I gave the Gerest Berthon 16 gauge, cooked up an amazing meal.

Fresh Salmon on cheese and biscuits with pink Champagne.

Rabbit in cream sauce with mushrooms - best I've ever had. I don't think she shot the Hare though...

Merry Christmas.

Last edited by Argo44; 12/25/18 02:24 PM.

Baluch are not Brahui, Brahui are Baluch
Sidelock
Sidelock

BrentD meet at the down town mission I hear they're cooking up your favorite...

Sidelock
Sidelock

Let me guess- "Sloppy Joe's"?? With due respect to Hemingway's friend, Josie Russell, owner of Sloppy Joe's Bar in Key West- back in the day.

Christmas eve, we have a roast goose with sauerkraut, mashed potatoes and red cabbage-- I like a cold Warsteiner brau with my serving, other may prefer a suitable red wine. I am in a fairly good area of MI for geese, all season long- with a most generous daily bag limit.

Here's my "secret" to a great wild game meal-- Pick a younger bird from the bag, not always size alone- but the wings are one of the clues- if the joints are supple and bend easily. you have a youngster.

Skin out and remove breast bone and dis-joint the legs, saving only the thighs-- Marinate 48 hours in a glass bowl in Vernor's ginger ale--covered in your fridge. We use a Nesco electric roaster, same as you might use for a turkey--place bird sections, lightly peppered, on the rack, over a generous beddding of wet sauerkraut, laced with large apple slices dunked in brown sugar-

The trick to cooking waterfowl is to use high heat for a shorter time, so that when you place a sharp knife into the thickness of the breast meat, the blood barely drips from the blade-- I like to fry good quality bacon as the goose is nearing the end of cooking, and drain on paper towels, then garnish the goose and sauerkraut, prior to serving--

For New Year's I do pheasants on the charcoal grill- dressed out breasts wrapped in good bacon, and with sweet onion slices and apple slices, peppered, and double wrapped in Reynold's wrap-- I use a Weber charcoal grill, and put the wrapped birds on the "off-direct-heat" side of the grill rack- about 45 minutes, turning the packed in foil birds several times-- Baked potatoes with sour cream, and asparagus and a Zindandel or Merlot, caesar salad and rolls- Bon appetite..

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
Sidelock

Actually BrentD likes dog peckers lightly saute'd and slowly cooked in fresh cow puke....

Brently must'a took the picture down because it was making people sick.

It was bad trust me Fox.

Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Hmm. Lots of smoke from pecan and hickory chips coming out of the Weber rotisserie on a Christmas afternoon.
Wonder what it could be?

Ill let you know when it is done.

Best,
Ted

Page 6 of 21 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 20 21

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.