April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
7 members (FlyChamps, Nelsons Custom, Hammergun, MattH, buckstix, 1 invisible), 203 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,442
Posts544,782
Members14,405
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Sidelock
Sidelock

Federal regulations in Canada dictate that "a shotgun not larger than number 10 gauge" for migratory birds.
Perhaps there was a time it was legal but not for quite a while...

SKB Online Content
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Thank you both for correcting me.

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
Argo44 Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

SKB a review of the pics clearly shows the off-center under-lever. thanks. I've still not received anything from the seller - so nothing more on condition, length/condition of the barrels, address on the rib (I'm pretty sure it includes rue-Scribe), barrel flats, water table, proof marks, bore and chamber condition, etc; So unless someone calls Churchill, we're unlikely to know more. Still the photographs were pleasant.

For my information. what might be that discolored spot on the right barrel next to the fences?

Last edited by Argo44; 12/01/18 01:28 PM.

Baluch are not Brahui, Brahui are Baluch
Sidelock
Sidelock

I could be wrong, but it looks mightly like a bit of rust pitting to me.

Miller/TN
I Didn't Say Everything I Said, Yogi Berra
SKB Online Content
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

pitting and poor browning

Here for the meltdowns
Sidelock
Sidelock

Argo, I live a short distance from you. Maybe I could look at the Reilly and purchase it. I collect and shoot eight bores. Sorry, now I notice that you don't own the Reilly.

Argo44 Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

eightbore, I haven't called for the price and suspect being marketed by Churchill it won't be a bargain. Nevertheless, I might ring them up since there are elements of the gun which interest me historically (and I wouldn't mind owning a Reilly 8 bore if it's shootable but I'm not a collector). If it's within a decent price range, I'll let you know. I've been meaning to meet you one of these days anyway. I go out one every couple of weeks to Bull Run to shoot sporting clays when I'm in the country.

Last edited by Argo44; 12/01/18 09:49 PM.

Baluch are not Brahui, Brahui are Baluch
Sidelock
Sidelock

I find it amusing that you experts don't realize that a normal Jones lever gun "clicks" into place at its final closing. The Reilly has not "clicked" into place. Has absolutely nothing to do with fit or wear.

SKB Online Content
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

And just how many guns have you put back on face Murphy? If you been around the restoration game very long you learn to look for clues, I mention several. Being the expert you are, could you explain the gap at the forward portion of the through lump? No matter how far you push the lever, that gap is not going away. It is also a very good indication that the lock up has been worked on, and not very well. Notice the top rib is not flush to the action additionally. Do not let reality cloud your rose colored glasses.

Here for the meltdowns
pod Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Just a thought from an frequent observer of these posts on DGS.
As for myself I don't often post very often because I am by no means an expert in any field let alone guns although I do have some fine guns. I am confused in the opinion of so few control the topics and adverse opinions by others are at times attached.
THAT SAID: I am confused how the same opinioned experts embrace an English gun that yearly is gone over from stock to barrel and the FOX,SMITH,parker, etc are rejected for the simple reblue, stock finish etc. Just an observation. I hope Homeless never leaves he seems to be the only one that keeps the experts on their toes.This topic is a perfect example.

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.