April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
1 members (GETTEMANS), 179 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,441
Posts544,760
Members14,404
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#529538 11/24/18 05:36 PM
WBLDon Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Will a barrel liner like those sold by Track of the Wolf work to convert a 16 or 12 Ga SxS to a 32-40 double rifle. My thought is to make a sleeve to encircle the chamber end of the sleeve to take up the extra space (as well as the recess for the shotgun shell rim, this would be attached to the liner with solder or epoxy. Then on the muzzle end I would make a couple of concentrics to allow for regulation of the liners and again take up the excess space between the inside of the barrels and liner. Again these would be permanently attached to the barrel and the liner after regulated.

My primary concern is will the liner hold the pressure of a smokeless load in the 32-40? Interested in hearing from folks that have done this type of conversion and their experience.

All input appreciated....

Thanks,
WBLDon

Sidelock
Sidelock

This uneducated Colonial has done this on a 16ga single, and it works very well. The regulation "things" would require some working out. I do have a center "support" on the 27 inch liner.
The chamber adapter seems to add adequate strength to the liner.
I shoot medium smokeless 32-40 loads with no problem.

Dumb, but learning...Prof Em, BSc(ME), CAE (FYI)
Sidelock
Sidelock

The Track of the Wolf liners are made by TJ Enterprises.
You can contact them directly and buy directly at a better price,,avoid the middle man thing.
They have a wider selection than TOTW shows in their catalog.
They even make air gun bbls for mfg's I understand.

Considered by many the top bbl liner on the market short of a custom made item.

Contact info I have for them is:

Mike Sayers at TJ's Liners

TJ's Enterprises
3652 Neltner Rd
Alexandria, KY 41001
859-635-5560

WBLDon Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Thanks oldstarfire, I actually did a Springfield SXS .410 in .22 Rimfire and regulating took a number of trips to the range but with the concentrics on the front end made very doable. I considered a 16 GA and actually have a WH Baker with Damascus barrels I was considering using but I don't thing it will give me enough room at the muzzle to get the adjustment I might need, where as a 12 Ga would give me a little more adjustment with the concentrics.

Kutter, thanks so much for the information on contacting TJ's I will give them a call on Monday...

Again thanks for all the help..
WBLDon

Sidelock
Sidelock

that address shows a screen company on the internet.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Might be a screen co on the intronet, but it's the address on the box I got the last bunch of 22rf liners and a 30cal liner from them.

Do a search on 'TJ's Barrel Liners' and you'll find all sorts of discussions on them. Lots of gunsmiths use them and prefer them to Redmans or others.
Been around for at least 15 yrs or more making liners.

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.