May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
5 members (KY Jon, CJF, Themauserkid, Birdog, 1 invisible), 349 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,537
Posts546,031
Members14,420
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Sidelock
Sidelock

I have glaucoma and am finishing treatments for prostate cancer and never felt any need or desire for cannabis .
Mike

Sidelock
Sidelock

I am grateful for the unprecedented turnout. The House is chamber of public sentiment. It makes our neighbour seem more neighbourly. Thank you.

Sidelock
Sidelock

here in nh, our gop governor got reelected and dave k, lost his bid for reelection...both good things...

sadly, all four of our federal reps remain dims...two in the congress and two in the senate...

Last edited by ed good; 11/07/18 03:46 PM.

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

Colorado is really headed downhill. God help us!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Der Ami
I have glaucoma and am finishing treatments for prostate cancer and never felt any need or desire for cannabis .
Mike

First off, I wish you a speedy and full recovery.

I supported legalization here in CO for the same reasons CZ and canvasback cited. At the same time, I thought medical marijuana mostly snake oil and a backdoor path to legalization. Im surprised by how wrong I was about the medical side. Its real and has immensely helped a couple people I care about (Chrons disease and multiple sclerosis). Interestingly, they dont get very stoned. The psychoactive parts have been largely breed out of certain medical strains. People are investing their money in medical cannabis research, which is my indicator of bullshit vs real. I would be full of shit if I didn't acknowledge that a lot of medical marijuana users just want to get stoned.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I'm sure it has some benefits but look where opioids have us today like morphine had us @ one time(history continues to repeat itself for those who don't read it.....). I typically don't delve into an online tepid pool of alligators, but when an individual chooses to use substances that affect your cognisant ability, that individual has chosen the life path for them, ie, their lot in life. They are not going to have a high-tech job, a job piloting drones, trains, planes, automobiles, heavy equipment, bus @ local highschool, etc. as the insurance is not going to allow them as it is too much of a liability. So as general use in the end the concept is a cyclic downward spiral for the individual(and I've lost friends that began w/ weed & worked their way up & to break the cycle, suicide was thier method of choice), that's only upshot is that State revenues will get a bounce.

Cheers,

Raimey
rse

Sidelock
Sidelock

I think Ive pretty much converted to nihilism and figure our world just does what it does.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Ah, not sure 'bout meaningless but life is about experiences. Spent some time with some Zulu recently & they burned one everyday @ lunch w/ weed sourced from Swaziland, where it is legal. We discussed the animals if Africa & Orwell's Animal Farm but I believe they & most others that smoke it recreationally, do so to escape, escape their predicament temporarily.

Cheers,

Raimey
rse

Sidelock
Sidelock

drinking and smoking...guess its ok, so long as you do no harm to others...and if drugs provide temporary relief from pain and heart ache, then that is a good thing too, i guess...

sort of like abortion...do not like the idea and consider it murder... but do not feel anyone or anything has the right to intervene and control events in such a private matter, between two or sometimes three individuals...

Last edited by ed good; 11/07/18 11:08 PM.

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

TN remained Republican for its senator, 7 out of 9 representatives & its Governor. The two representatives who went Dem were already Dem so no loss for us. These two were the areas around Nashville (State Capital) & Memphis.
Memphis has sunk so low (Don't Blame this one on Joe) they recently sold two "Valuable" city parks for $1,000.00 each. I do not know the estimated value of these parks, but I seriously doubt there would many, if any, house lots one could buy in Memphis for $1,000.00. So Why did the city sell these parks at this ridiculously low price? Simple, they had statues of Confederate General N B Forrest on them. State law prohibits any municipality from removing or otherwise mutilating a historical statue or marker without a complicated process of approval. City officials with no public hearings or otherwise simply sold these parks to a private Concern to which the law did not apply & under cover of darkness they came in & removed the statues & hid them away. There is currently a lawsuit against the city asking for 30 Million & I hope they get every penny of it.

Miller/TN
I Didn't Say Everything I Said, Yogi Berra
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.