April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
3 members (Lloyd3, SKB, 1 invisible), 836 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,445
Posts544,858
Members14,406
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 51 of 52 1 2 49 50 51 52
Sidelock
Sidelock

"Please repeat the Canadian mantra......socialized medicine at any cost. Profit bad, single payer, no accountability good."

Spot on James. If the talking heads say it enough times they figure everyone will accept it to be true.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: VictoryXC
I think the key point is having the option. The problem is when the generics are a barrier to entrance to the name brand. The same can be said in the area of diagnostic testing.

I guess Im not following you. We do have the options, at least here in the USA we do. As far as diagnostic testing, please explain further. My feeling is...a hospital whether its a for profit or non-profit, purchases that extremely expensive equipment, they pay handsomely the people who are certified to run that equipment, they have every right to charge what they need to provide that service.
I find it amazing that people still denegrate our medical system, but people from other countries, who have what some here consider state of the art state run medical care, still come here in droves when they are dying. I have a hunting partner whos a gastroenterologist here in SLC, many of his Pts are Canadians, even some Europeans.....they can afford him and hes one of the best, and they want to live, not wait in line. I was having a conversation a few years ago with a gun friend who happens to be Canadian, hes extremely wealthy. One day he was talking to me, asking questions about our health care system here in the US, all the while telling me how great Canada was. A year later, his wife was diagnosed with cancer, and guess where she ended up? At one of the finest cancer research and treatment hospitals here in the US. He could afford it, and shes alive because of it.

Sidelock
Sidelock

LeFusil, I am from Canada and I am commenting on our Canadian healthcare system. I should have made that clear. I agree with what you are saying. Many tests and pharma products you have access to in the US are not available in Canada due to cost and bureaucracy. Canada needs drastic changes to its healthcare system.

Canada's healthcare system is now run by politicians and bureaucrats and decision making had been taken out of the hands of providers. I pay for insurance that will allow me to go out of country for timely healthcare in situations just like your friend encountered.

Last edited by VictoryXC; 10/13/18 01:05 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: VictoryXC
LeFusil, I am from Canada and I am commenting on our Canadian healthcare system. I am should have made that clear. I agree with what you are saying. Many tests and pharma products you have access to in the US are not available in Canada due to cost and bureaucracy. Canada needs drastic changes to its healthcare system.

Canada's healthcare system is now run by politicians and bureaucrats and decision making had been taken out of the hands of providers. I pay for insurance that will allow me to go out of country for timely healthcare in situations just like your friend encountered.

Thank you for the clarification. :-)

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: SKB
....Craig...that is the part you continue to miss. I care about the policy not the party.

Of course, I should take you at your word. Metoo, I'll take policy over koolaid any day of the week. I just have a tendency to feel like pointing out hypocrisy.

It's simple math. If ten policies are important to me, and the d's give me one and the R's give me three and a half. Who do you think wins for me? Add 'em up, they are not equivalent. If there're ten detestable policies in my mind, and the R's give me nine and the d's force feed me a couple dozen, does that read like it's equivalent?

I think your policy is to have the koolaid runneth over way to the left, kind of like the party. I think you continue to miss that you can't convince me that you line item vote and come up with a composite politician that meets all your wants.

SKB Online Content
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Your too funny Craig. Such a loyalist. I wish I could say I admire your conviction, but I do not. I think sh!tty policy sucks if it comes from an R or a D. Expanding Ethanol production is bad policy no matter if it is an Iowa Dem pushing it or a Republican. If you think I am able to line item vote and get my ideal your wrong. I usually pull the R lever in disgust.

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
keith Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
Members couldn't miss that keith started this political thread and used it to make false accusations of members who don't agree with him. Members couldn't miss that there was a respectful and informative conversation until his trolling intruded again above.

King, I'll give you the benefit of doubt that you are still able to read with comprehension. So that would only leave your dishonesty as motivation for that reply.

I did indeed start this political thread. Only you could accuse me of intruding on my own thread. I have told you several times in the past that that I feel politics and gun rights are absolutely connected because of Liberal Left people like you who are constantly attempting to infringe upon those rights.

This thread was intended to get real gun guys, not anti-gun Trolls like you, to call their Senators to ask them to confirm a very strong pro-2nd Amendment judge to the Supreme Court. That is something you would NEVER do. I work to save our gun rights. You work hard to undermine them.

I specifically requested that this thread not become a political discussion, because I know how much that upsets thin-skinned Liberal Left Democrats who are too dumb to connect the dots, and understand that voting for extreme anti-gunners makes them directly responsible for electing the people who work very hard to take away our gun rights.

You are one of the people who are too dishonest to admit that.

But people like you and rocky mtn bill couldn't wait to jump in to spout your Liberal Left bullshit that has nothing to do with either guns or gun rights.

Note this carefully King., once again. I have never made any vow to keep this forum free of political discussions. But you have... numerous times. And you and your Liberal Left pals b*tch and cry about it. But then you do exactly what you complain about. And as RARiddell said earlier, you then try to project your own lies and bad behavior on to those who call you out.

Does that make you dishonest, or disingenuous, a hypocrite, or mentally ill... or all of the above? In my opinion, it's all of the above. That will be part of your legacy here. The other part will be your long-standing anti-2nd Amendment rhetoric. You deserve it. You earned it.

And where are the Thread Police who would raise Holy-hell if I ever used this forum to make 17 posts in one day related to Socialized National Health Care? I purposely held back commenting to see if they would chastise you. So what did we hear from them? Loud complaints about how this is going to be the downfall of the forum and drive people away? Cries to Dave Weber to banish the offender? Loud cries that we all must IGNORE your off-topic bloviating? Calls to withhold donations to Dave for the upkeep of the BBS? No... instead we heard silence... crickets chirping... a soft breeze... nothing at all as this thread accumulated far more views and participation than anything else since it began. What a bunch of fakes and frauds!

Once again King... it's really too bad that you again felt the need to resort to dishonest personal attacks, just because you were unable to provide a lick of proof, or unable to answer a few simple questions concerning the obvious lies you keep repeating concerning your father's adult conversion and Baptism. So where is that proof that St. Francis Xavier University is a pioneer in a New Age movement where Monsignors, priests, and clerics perpetrate a massive world-wide fraud and see those who do not believe in the Resurrection of Jesus as being... "ahead of their time"???

That should be so easy for you since you have so much influence and so many personal connections there.... unless it's all a lie.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Rarely do you post without attacking those who don't agree with you, to the point of taking your rude and partisan behaviour to other threads, as you just did with favoured rifles, spreading it around.

keith Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Still don't care to address those simple questions concerning the bullshit story you keep repeating about your Father's conversion and Baptism, eh King?

Nothing like another of your personal attacks to change the subject.

I wonder why you have such a problem with me moving rocky mtn bill's Liberal Left Democrat trolling to his own thread in the Classic and Custom Rifle forum, but you don't criticize him for posting his partisan politics here in the double shotgun forum?

And the greatest mystery to me is why you would think you are worthy of any semblance of respect when you so frequently disrespect us with lies and anti-gun rhetoric? You could have just stayed out of this thread with your off-topic bullshit, but we all see that your stated intent to steer clear of political discussions is just another in a long procession of lies from you. It's as natural as breathing to you, isn't it?

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

No, keith, lying is not natural to me nor do I imagine to any member of the board, including yourself. As for my father's experience at conversion to Catholicism, I can't make you understand that all religions have thousands of differences of opinions concerning dogma, doctrines and faith.

Our archbishop declared publicly last week the Church is not a monolithic body in agreement on all issues of faith. Forum members express what they believe. It may differ from what you and I believe. I accept all of it with equanimity. It's their faith, their belief, reality, truth. Who would say empirically they lie and err?

As for my alleged anti-gun rhetoric, I am currently doing all to my ability here to stop what appears to me as national surrendering of our gun rights to the antis. The response of our fraternity to a looming, another gun registry is anemic. I am organizing a provincial, collective protest of all gun clubs. I'd be pleased if old starfire is helping to move protest forward in the West.

Our gun club is discouraged from what it heard from national leaders. One of our biggest organizations of 30,000-membership got a turnout of some 30 for a critical meeting. Another appeared to be in disarray, according to our information. I heard one of our most active leaders say "They just keep coming at us" as a reason for throwing up his hands. Not a murmur of dissent.

Not good enough.

Page 51 of 52 1 2 49 50 51 52

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.