March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
9 members (Karl Graebner, Ken Nelson, Jimmy W, canvasback, Marc Ret, Licensed to kill), 288 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,373
Posts543,993
Members14,389
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 42 of 52 1 2 40 41 42 43 44 51 52
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: 2-piper
...but had never been capable of "Forgiving Sins" that was accomplished "ONLY" by the Blood of Jesus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FoUY9WXd8Q
JR

Be strong, be of good courage.
God bless America, long live the Republic.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Thank you, John. That video is a powerful reminder of what our Lord did for us.

I have heard from detractors of Christianity that we participate in a bloody religion. I reply "You're mighty right we do. There is nothing in this world as precious to me as the shed blood of my Redeemer". It was God the Father who ordained that the shedding of blood was necessary for the forgiveness of sins. It has been thus since the Garden of Eden, when God Himself slayed animals, and clothed Adam and Eve with their skins to hide their newfound nakedness.

When I cross over, if I am asked why I am worth of entrance into heaven and the presence of God, I will plead "Only by the blood of Jesus". My good works here are less than nothing, if they don't serve to glorify Him.

SRH

Last edited by Stan; 10/10/18 08:44 PM.

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I respond solely because of your false accusations. You make a point of being vulgar and obnoxious. You rarely post without insults. No other member behaves as you do.

What my father believed and acted on in the service of community met the Church's requirements here, home of a significant social movement of which he was a principal participant.

As I said earlier, you have an issue with the Church, not what my father chose from gospels of inspiration, wisdom, myth and metaphor.

Sidelock
Sidelock

There is not a time in my 80 years of life that I am able to remember that I do not recall that song (What Can Wash Away My Sins) being sung periodically. Not every service of course but on a fairly regular basis. I still enjoy singing it & it doesn't get Old.

Here, of course, we find the statement that the animal sacrifices which were a commandment did not actually take away the sins of the people. The Sacrifice of Jesus on the cross forgave the sins of those who had lived Godly previously & would forgive the sins of those who would obey him afterward.

Heb 10:1  For the law having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect. 
Heb 10:2  For then would they not have ceased to be offered? because that the worshippers once purged should have had no more conscience of sins. 
Heb 10:3  But in those sacrifices there is a remembrance again made of sins every year. 
Heb 10:4  For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins.

Jesus himself made this statement during his ministry;
Joh 14:6  Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Miller/TN
I Didn't Say Everything I Said, Yogi Berra
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
....the service of community met the Church's requirements here, home of a significant social movement....

Okay, in the church of social justice, how do you reconcile that the service of community is the entitlement to take? Is the house of cards based on a leap of faith?

Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

[quote=King Brown]I respond solely because of your false accusations. You make a point of being vulgar and obnoxious. You rarely post without insults. No other member behaves as you do.

What my father believed and acted on in the service of community met the Church's requirements here, home of a significant social movement of which he was a principal participant.

As I said earlier, you have an issue with the Church, not what my father chose from gospels of inspiration, wisdom, myth and metaphor.

[/quote

A lot of people behave as he does KB. I do too when it come to the likes of you. I just have a hard time suffering through idiotic post after idiotic post that has your name on them. You’re a complete and utter gas bag, a buffoon of the highest order, a liar and for lack of better terms a flat out dipshit. Now kindly STFU, for once.

keith Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
I respond solely because of your false accusations. You make a point of being vulgar and obnoxious. You rarely post without insults. No other member behaves as you do.

Wow King. If I didn't know better, I'd say you are losing your cool over this. I assume this reply was intended for me, even though it's obvious nobody else believes you either. This isn't the first time we've discussed this particular subject. I'll bet you wish you'd just stuck to the original topic of supporting confirmation of Justice Kavanaugh.

This really should have been quite easy for you. And one would think that, by now, some member of your vast fan club would have told us about some other rogue Catholic Diocese, Parish, or University that offered Baptism without belief in the Resurrection. Instead, we have guys citing Biblical Chapter and Verse to prove you wrong.

Or you yourself could've given us the name of an active practicing Catholic cleric who would support your insane and dishonest version of the events surrounding your father's Baptism, instead of a dead man... Msgr. Smyth... or Smith. If they're all dead, then how about the group of priests who you claimed told you in unison, "We don't believe in it either". That was only a couple years ago. Are they all dead too? Or, if St. Francis Xavier University really and truly was or is "home of a significant social movement of which he was a principal participant", then it should be relatively easy to prove that assertion.

Surely they must have something on their website or some literature or brochure touting their New Age Baptisms where belief in the Resurrection is optional. Surely there must be other priests there, or elsewhere, who would be happy to enlighten us about this revolutionary new idea that you claim made your father "... ahead of his time."

And instead of becoming combative and angry, you could have given us an answer to the very simple question I posed. If what you say was true, why would an intelligent man like your father seek adult conversion and Baptism to join a religion that was based upon the biggest lie in history? If he, being "ahead of his time," knew in his heart that Jesus was a phony, and that the clerics and his mentor were part of the scam, perpetuating this massive worldwide financial fraud scheme... why would he wish to join? I'd think that once he realized the Catholic Church was based upon a big fat lie based upon worship of a mere mortal, that he'd feel like the brainwashed cult members who fell under the spell of Rev. Jim Jones. Are you telling us that he would drink the Kool Aid too?

No King, I don't have an issue with the Church. Not the Catholics, or any other branch or offshoot of all of Christianity. I do have an issue with compulsive liars though. You and I both know there is not one true Christian sect that teaches or preaches that Jesus was not Resurrected, or that He was a mere mortal. But that won't stop you. If anything, you'll double down. No other member behaves as you do.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

At what point do you stop, or can we stop? It is painfully obvious there is some underlying mental illness with these people. They see no fault with their thought process and become fooled by their own lies. You can call them out time and time again and nothing changes. They see their own faults in you and what you say to them, they have become so delusional they can not see themselves for what they have become. It is a strange cult of odd personalities where facts and logical thought become fiction and their fiction becomes truths to their own. I think the take home is that we are f**ked as a country!

Last edited by RARiddell; 10/11/18 08:43 AM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: RARiddell
....You can call them out time and time again and nothing changes....

I think it depends who calls them out. If it comes from right of center, all it's seen as is a win for progressives. If dems call them out, the only sound is crickets. Another win for progressives.

I don't think the factual result of a vote should be minimized, even if it comes from the nicest person.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Did I ever tell you guys that I know for fact I was bred from/by Aliens thousands and thousands of years ago ?

The oldest stone tablets ever found on this earth bear this out.

Say what...

Page 42 of 52 1 2 40 41 42 43 44 51 52

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.