May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
2 members (L. Brown, Guy Ave), 870 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,501
Posts545,497
Members14,414
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 37 of 52 1 2 35 36 37 38 39 51 52
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: canvasback
I thought it was funny. Steves right. Many of us partied pretty hard back in those days. Then we grow up and move on....

Sure that was funny, I guess. The real knee slapper is, many of us had job interviews back in those days. How's the ole saying go, then we grow up and move on. That's a good one too, cback!

Sidelock
Sidelock

....Magnanimity wouldnt be a bad look for the moment.

In today's world, how could being pro pot ever look bad? History is a living and breathing thing, presenting joe cool as he was probably meant to be.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: keith
The Liberal Left gunsmith SKB can always be counted upon to post something to denigrate a pro-gun Republican. Did any of you ever once see Lefty Stevie showing us his self-proclaimed bi-partisan Independent Moderate side by posting pictures of his hero Barack Obama smoking a joint?

SKB has been saying he doesn't approve of politics in the Classic Rifle Forum in rocky mtn bill's "Favorite Rifles" thread. I will move a quote of his post with Kavanaugh bringing a beer keg into Supreme Court confirmation to illustrate his truthfulness and sincerity about that.

But I'm also still waiting for him, or Billy, or nca225, or Tom C, or any other Liberals to question whether Obama was fit for office, or if he should have had the power to nominate Supreme Court Justices. There was photographic evidence of Obama using illegal drugs, and he admitted to using marijuana and cocaine:

https://youtu.be/vlxkcewBEe0

keith Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Keith, from one of my favourite writers, politicians and defenders of freedom. Its good advice.

In War: Resolution.
In Defeat: Defiance.
In Victory. Magnanimity.
In Peace. Goodwill.

Winston Churchill.

Weve just had a significant victory with extremely long lasting implications. And reasonable expectations of more to come. Magnanimity wouldnt be a bad look for the moment.

James, I'll remember that... when the war is over.

Liberals are not finished trying to overturn our Constitutional Republic. They have not accepted the peaceful transfer of power that has defined us through over 240 years. They are still vowing to take the House and Senate. And they are vowing to impeach Trump and Kavanaugh if they regain power less than a month from now. And Dianne Feinstein's speech a couple days ago confirmed they certainly haven't given up on attempting to gut the 2nd Amendment.

I don't recall Winston Churchill showing "Magnanimity or Goodwill" toward Hitler after winning one battle. Do you?

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

SKB Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Too funny LR

Craig....Don't be such a sore winner.

In times like this we should look to that great American Scholar from the past, Rodney King "can we all JUST get along? Can we get along?"

wink

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
Sidelock
Sidelock

Well at least we get a pause before President Cory Booker gets into office!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Keith, from one of my favourite writers, politicians and defenders of freedom. Its good advice.

In War: Resolution.
In Defeat: Defiance.
In Victory. Magnanimity.
In Peace. Goodwill.

Winston Churchill.

Weve just had a significant victory with extremely long lasting implications. And reasonable expectations of more to come. Magnanimity wouldnt be a bad look for the moment.

James, I'll remember that... when the war is over.

Liberals are not finished trying to overturn our Constitutional Republic. They have not accepted the peaceful transfer of power that has defined us through over 240 years. They are still vowing to take the House and Senate. And they are vowing to impeach Trump and Kavanaugh if they regain power less than a month from now. And Dianne Feinstein's speech a couple days ago confirmed they certainly haven't given up on attempting to gut the 2nd Amendment.

I don't recall Winston Churchill showing "Magnanimity or Goodwill" toward Hitler after winning one battle. Do you?

For the moment, Keith. For the moment.

I certainly didnt say the war was over, just suggested we were victorious in this battle. There is more to the quote than the one line about victory. I expect you would be defiant in defeat and I know you are resolute in war. I just think there is something to be gained by remembering the other two lines.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: craigd
I thought it was funny. Steves right. Many of us partied pretty hard back in those days. Then we grow up and move on....

Sure that was funny, I guess. The real knee slapper is, many of us had job interviews back in those days. How's the ole saying go, then we grow up and move on. That's a good one too, cback!

Yes, many of us did have job interviews etc. And still partied. Are you suggesting you never imbibed?

And to your other post, as a resident of a country about to legalize pot, Im no fan of it. But I dont think we should be wasting a lot of resources trying to prohibit it. Please show me where that works. Just one more thing the government should piss off about.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
keith Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Fair enough James. Just let me know when the war, or even this battle, between Conservatives and Liberal Left Democrats has ended... or at least entered into a truce...

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/oct/6/nancy-pelosi-file-foia-request-fbi-report-sexual-a/

And after you do that, let me know when the time comes that we no longer have guys like King, rocky mtn bill, nca225, SKB, etc., constantly supporting anti-2nd Amendment Liberal Left Democrats.

It will be a lot easier to show magnanimity and goodwill when we don't have disingenuous people who claim to be on our side continually stabbing us in the back.

I didn't want this thread to become a political pissing contest. I said that in my initial post. But several Liberal Left Democrats decided it was their duty to denigrate a very pro-gun Supreme Court nominee. I can show grudging respect for guys like King and Billy, and gals like nca225, who can at least admit to their Liberal Left slant. Guys like our Liberal gunsmith who tries to hide it are another story.

EDIT: And here comes one of them now... responding in order to cover his tracks... even though he claims to IGNORE my posts! Do you think it will be a clever reply to craigd, or an invitation to go hunting, or maybe some pictures of a grip cap or buttstock???

2ND EDIT: He saw my first edit and decided to hold off for now. Didn't you Stevie? Just do it. You aren't fooling that many here anymore.

Last edited by keith; 10/07/18 02:16 PM.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Fair enough James. Just let me know when the war, or even this battle, between Conservatives and Liberal Left Democrats has ended... or at least entered into a truce...

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/oct/6/nancy-pelosi-file-foia-request-fbi-report-sexual-a/

And after you do that, let me know when the time comes that we no longer have guys like King, rocky mtn bill, nca225, SKB, etc., constantly supporting anti-2nd Amendment Liberal Left Democrats.

It will be a lot easier to show magnanimity and goodwill when we don't have disingenuous people who claim to be on our side continually stabbing us in the back.

I didn't want this thread to become a political pissing contest. I said that in my initial post. But several Liberal Left Democrats decided it was their duty to denigrate a very pro-gun Supreme Court nominee. I can show grudging respect for guys like King and Billy, and gals like nca225, who can at least admit to their Liberal Left slant. Guys like our Liberal gunsmith who tries to hide it are another story.

EDIT: And here comes one of them now... responding in order to cover his tracks... even though he claims to IGNORE my posts! Do you think it will be a clever reply to craigd, or an invitation to go hunting, or maybe some pictures of a grip cap or buttstock???

Savor the victory man, savor the victory. The war will never be over. There will always be us and them. That's the way of mankind. But once in a while you need to take a break and enjoy what you have won. And this was a big win for all of us.

Page 37 of 52 1 2 35 36 37 38 39 51 52

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.