May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
1 members (steve f), 183 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,537
Posts546,033
Members14,420
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#524763 10/02/18 08:10 PM
12brd Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Not going to make a living off of it, but it was cool to find a faded $ bill stuck in a tumbleweed while dove hunting today. What odd things have you guys found while afield?IMG]http://i.imgur.com/qSu1yXg.jpg

Last edited by 12brd; 10/02/18 08:11 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I found a one dollar bill while hunting in the U.P. for grouse one year. I keep it in my hunting vest to measure woodcock beaks to determine sex, and to remember that day hunting when I found it.
Karl

Sidelock
Sidelock

A meth lab in Pine County, MN. Phoned the sheriff when I got back to town and he said I was lucky to be alive. Same part of the world, discovered a jet ski on a trailer in truly the middle of the woods. The perps moved it between me phoning the sheriff, and him getting out there to look, perhaps 1/2 hour of time.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

Lots of moonshine stills on the little branches and creeks I used to hunt squirrels on when I was a kid. Haven't found one in 40 years, at least.

Lots of little graveyards, while quail hunting. Everybody knows there is a covey of birds that hangs around close to an old graveyard, known as the "graveyard covey". And, that if you can kill a rabbit there you are in luck, because there's absolutely nothing as lucky as the left hind foot of a graveyard rabbit.

The brass shell heads of very old 12 ga. hulls of the shells that my Grandaddy used in these fields some 80-90 yrs. ago. My favorites are the "New Club(s)". He told me about them. When I find one I imagine him shooting a covey rise at that exact spot.

A petrified sand dollar that I found while hunkered down beside a pond waiting for ducks, as a young man. Evidence that the oceans covered this area where I live many eons ago.

I'd better quit. I don't want to monopolize the thread.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: 12brd
Not going to make a living off of it, but it was cool to find a faded $ bill stuck in a tumbleweed while dove hunting today. What odd things have you guys found while afield?IMG]http://i.imgur.com/qSu1yXg.jpg

12brd,

Did you look around to see if there were more of those one dollar bills in the area, or some 5's, or 10's?

That would be rewarding hunting.

Jolly

Sidelock
Sidelock

I found a knife I dropped the year before.

My problem lies in reconciling my gross habits with my net income.
- Errol Flynn
Sidelock
Sidelock

While hunting, a LL Bean watch with a broken watch strap. Bought a new strap and wore if for several years.

Biggest find in the woods was a five acre marijuana field in the woods of a farm I bought in 2000. Called the Sheriffs office and they told me they were very busy, just cut it down and pour gas over it, then strike a match. When I explained it was hundreds of plants they got the message. Showed up at the farm with TV crews for a photo event. Election year. Lying Sheriff said his helicopter crew spotted the field from the air. Never voted for that bastard. Took them two days to cut it down. They did not even post a guard that night.

Found out later the farmer renting the farm went in that night and cut a pickup load then stashed it in the tobacco barn. That load I did pour diesel fuel over and burn about a week later when I found it. Fool thought he could sell it for a hundred grand. I figured his first sale would be to a undercover agent. His nephew sold some to one a few years later and ended up doing about five year in prison. Most likely his nephew was the person who was growing it there. the farmer claimed until his dying day he was not the one.

Sidelock
Sidelock

for 12brd

Last edited by skeettx; 10/03/18 12:08 AM.

USAF RET 1971-95 [Linked Image from jpgbox.com]
Sidelock
Sidelock

Once found a really nice Indian arrowhead while taking a lunch break at the edge of a field while pheasant hunting.

Another time, I found an old Huebner Toledo Breweries Company beer bottle in a bottle dump while deer hunting. Embossed into the blue-green glass was the words "Pure and Without Drugs or Poison"

Those are good qualities for any beer.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Ted Schefelbein
A meth lab in Pine County, MN. Phoned the sheriff when I got back to town and he said I was lucky to be alive. Same part of the world, discovered a jet ski on a trailer in truly the middle of the woods. The perps moved it between me phoning the sheriff, and him getting out there to look, perhaps 1/2 hour of time.

Best,
Ted

Mr. Sniffle'bean did you ever get yourself tested for crystal meth exposure ?

yOu should. cool

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.