May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
6 members (Tim in PA, NTaxiarchis, Jimmy W, PALUNC, Der Ami, SKB), 594 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,502
Posts545,501
Members14,414
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 27 of 52 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 51 52
Sidelock
Sidelock

Craig, I have to take issue with your claim that W contributed something to fiscal responsibility. He invaded Iraq. He fought a pointless war , killed thousands of American troops and hundreds of thousands of innocent civilians, and put the cost on the national credit card. If that constitutes the financial standards of conservatism, please explain it to me.

Bill Ferguson
Sidelock
Sidelock

For those of you here with a sense of humor, if you haven't already done so, Google Tom Tomorrow for a really funny send up of current conservatism. It won't make you a convert, but it will give you an opportunity to laugh at yourself which, I think, is a test of mental health and highly therapeutic.

Bill Ferguson
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Stan
Originally Posted By: rocky mtn bill
Stan, I have a hard time with the abortion issue.

I'm not trying to be a smart-aleck, or short with you when I say this, but there's really only one decision you have to make to clear it all up, assuming that you believe that all human life is sacred and is to be protected. That decision is this..................does life begin at conception, or sometime afterwards? The most extreme opposite stance is that an unborn baby is not a person until they exit the mother's womb, and thus have no rights.

I believe that life begins at conception, not at some arbitrary time after that. I also believe the Word of God is true and infallible, that the Scriptures were authored by the Holy Spirit, and written down by many different inspired men. Once I settled the fact that the Word is all true, and contains no mistakes or errors, I then had to make one choice, whether or not to believe it for myself. If I believe it, which I do, I then have to live by it with all my strength, and aided by the Holy Spirit.

When you settle this within yourself, the dividing line is clear. I choose to honor and protect all life, even that of those I vehemently disagree with, because that life is God-given.

Best, SRH

Love your testimony, Stan. Your brother in Christ...
JR

Be strong, be of good courage.
God bless America, long live the Republic.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Tom C
....He is an incredibly intelligent man with the professional qualifications that would make a good SCJ. I did not believe him because of his emotional plea which was certaining heart felt. I believe his emotional response was because of his fear of what if would do to his family and professional life and because of a strong desire to be on the SC. Those are strong motivating factors....

Shouldn't this type of analysis, particularly in regard to motivation, have been done in committee and never seen the light of day as part of official Senate confirmation business? Why don't you hold that gal out in kali responsible for not asking the Judge when she had a one on one opportunity, and then turned it over to the committee for follow up? You make it seem like it's a normal obligation for a nominee to defend himself as if he were a convicted criminal pleading for a lighter sentence.

I think it means a lot to apologize and make things right. I wasn't there, and wouldn't know any of the particulars for your situation, but I do know that your claimed switch to voting dem coincides with an alarming degradation of that concept. Even with a new found decorum, wouldn't be smart for someone, who's on the other side of the aisle, to know what they're up against when it comes to consequences of an election?

In retrospect, Garland was treated with kid gloves compared to what we're being force fed as normal, eh?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Geo. If Hillary had won this court would fall over to the left for 20 years. If Trump wins a second term it will shift the other way. I have no problem with judges who rule based on the written constitution instead of creating new laws from the bench because I can’t vote them out since they are appointed and can serve for life. Or beyond in Ginsberg s case.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: rocky mtn bill
Craig, I have to take issue with your claim that W contributed something to fiscal responsibility. He invaded Iraq. He fought a pointless war , killed thousands of American troops and hundreds of thousands of innocent civilians, and put the cost on the national credit card. If that constitutes the financial standards of conservatism, please explain it to me.

Bill, when did I mention he contributed to fiscal responsibility? What I mentioned, in response to your claims, was that President Bush took a big hit for team America by setting up the incoming administration with resources to react to a huge problem. Coming around in a large and convoluted circle, my question remains, what does the US have to show for the purchasing power of that near trillion and all the others that followed?

By the way, did President Bush ever get a Nobel Peace Prize? Apparently, those are only given out to brutal warriors that're protected from being held to account? Hey, did you ever catch that home movie of gaddafi getting dragged through streets and beaten to death by the unruly mob? A foreign policy, thanks hill, of fiscal responsibility and long term stability, eh?

Sidelock
Sidelock

"I believe that life begins at conception, not at some arbitrary time after that. I also believe the Word of God is true and infallible, that the Scriptures were authored by the Holy Spirit, and written down by many different inspired men. Once I settled the fact that the Word is all true, and contains no mistakes or errors, I then had to make one choice, whether or not to believe it for myself. If I believe it, which I do, I then have to live by it with all my strength, and aided by the Holy Spirit.

When you settle this within yourself, the dividing line is clear. I choose to honor and protect all life, even that of those I vehemently disagree with, because that life is God-given."

Stan magnificent statement.

David

Sidelock
Sidelock

Craig, No, he didn't get a Nobel Peace Prize. I can't help thinking that Obama's was an embarrassment to him. Are you saying that Obama is somehow to blame for the Swede's giving him a prize? If so, please elucidate.

Bill Ferguson
Sidelock
Sidelock

Every SCJ should rule by what the Constitution says, and if that means being a conservative, so be it. Isn't that how they're suppose to rule ?
When does life start ? Woman's rights ? They have the right to keep their legs closed, not murder a baby. Who talks for them ?
I don't believe some people have the right to live. Evil people who have no regard for life. They deserve to die. I'm done.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Battle - no I will probably not believe him even if the FBI finds no evidence of guilt. It just tells me they didn't find it. There are too many years between the alleged event and now and memories are weak. Yes, it could be forgotten or altered memorys by either. It was a gut renching hearing for me but I leaned toward her testimony.

Keith - I believe you have a flawed argument. Not all Democrats want to get rid of all guns and some Republicans believe gun control is needed. Please try to tell me how I am wrong.

John Roberts - I don't think there was any one thing that changed my mind about being a Republican. I think the straw that broke the camels back was the invation of Iraq which I supported at the time. I also believed we had to move quickly because of the “weapons of mass destruction”. When this was found to be wrong I asked myself what would have been different if we invaded only on the premise that Saddam did not follow what he agreed to after the first Iraq war. I still feel we were justified on this basis. What is differant is that we could have taken the time to properly prepare and being properly prepared would have saved American lives. I felt the fault fell on the man and party in charge at the time and the previous administration.

Another factor that contributed was as a small business owner I had the opportunity to meet many other business owners. Many were very rich and very Republican. Many had the belief that thier employees were just tools to make money and that compensation packages were to only be rich enough to keep the employee. I saw a lot of greed and aristocratic behavior and beliefs From these people. It led me to believe that the Republican party had moved too far to the right for my taste. It was no longer for all the people. I may someday switch back. I would have voted for Paul Ryan over Hillary C. I will never vote for Trump and will never vote for Paul Ryan again because of his unwillingness to put Trump in his place. He sold his soul in my opinion.

George Newbern - I agree that packing the court is wrong. Having a court only hard right and hard left does not “balance” the court. My belief is that hard right and hard left are incapable of empathy or understanding for differant views.

Tom C

�There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.�
Aldo Leopold
Page 27 of 52 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 51 52

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.