Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Sidelock
Sidelock

Dilly541,
That is great. If it were mine, I would just leave it in the gun. I have a 410 insert also, but since it is for a 12 ga. I haven't tried it. I do have a couple short 16 ga. ones, but they don't work well, they seem to be "shop made" and slip behind the extractor. The 12 ga is a commercial one, still in the box, I just don't use 12 ga. drillings. My guess is, life is great around your house with a group like that from an Einstecklauf.
Mike

Sidelock
Sidelock

Im pretty pleased all round Mike. There were a few spectators at the range that couldnt believe that little thing was grouping that well. Granted, it is 25yds, but thats likely my typical engagement range.

Now, Im working on a square drive key to tighten it. That was missing.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Dilly541,
They are not really all that hard to make, they look like a long version of those used on corned beef cans. Now that I think about it, you might be able to make an inelegant temporary one from one of those. Might as well get some cabbage when you buy the beef.
Mike

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Der Ami
Dilly541,
They are not really all that hard to make, they look like a long version of those used on corned beef cans. Now that I think about it, you might be able to make an inelegant temporary one from one of those. Might as well get some cabbage when you buy the beef.
Mike

My wife would prefer I pass on the cabbage. LOL.
Already made a key. I had a small broken file with a square stem. Heated it up and bent it into the shape of one of those corned beef keys. I sandwiched it between 2 pieces of walnut and sanded it smooth as a handle/grip. Looks like a car key and works perfect.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Dilly541,
That's great, there is more than one way to skin a cat. BTY, my wife is not a big fan of corned beef and cabbage either. It was one of my late friend and mentor, Gene's favorites, so I try to cook it in the deer camp once a year as a tribute to him. Menu-corned beef/cabbage with potato salad and cornbread( Gene preferred crackling bread, so I sometimes crumble bacon into it). I just had it on my mind, because he was a big German gun guy too.
Mike

Sidelock
Sidelock

I made a key by cutting off a tiny craftsman screwdriver--it had a square shank that only required a bit of filing. Sounds like you have it in hand, BTW nice 100 yd group as well! Steve

Sidelock
Sidelock

Krieghoff aint still has some of these. They cost between $450 and $750 fitted and zeroes.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Good thread!! My 'puter was acting up with "doubleguns" about the time this started...glad I finally saw it.

Well done Dilly! I have the same EL, also bought used, and I had to order new slide adjusters before I could get it to work. Once I got everything put together it shoots as good as yours. I sighted mine in for the same 25 yards but my drilling has no scope. I think they're a really nice addition to a drilling.

I don't believe you'll ever go wrong following Mike's advice.

Last edited by sharps4590; 08/13/18 11:05 AM.

NRA Benefactor 2008
NRA Patron 2007
NRA Endowment 1996
NRA Life 1988
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: sharps4590
I have the same EL, also bought used, and I had to order new slide adjusters before I could get it to work. Once I got everything put together it shoots as good as yours.

I ended up getting two new sliding lugs too. The tape trick worked but didn't seem permanent. I filed them little by little until I got back where I wanted.

Here is a 5 shot group with me removing the insert between each shot.

Even at 50m it still isn't bad. I was using Remington "yellow jackets". I held on the X for the last shot.

I think it will do...

Thanks to all for the advice and direction. I am really happy with this little addition to an already versatile firearm. I have done a whole range of testing with it, but it probably calls for a whole new thread.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I for one would welcome a new thread detailing your testing and efforts to adjust and sight in.
Nice effort!
Mike

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.