March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (Argo44, DaveB, graybeardtmm3, Kip, bsteele, Jeremy Pearce), 803 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,009
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Sidelock
Sidelock

Tom Archer,

I kind of inherited the L.C. Smith Man from Walt Schiessl when he passed. I use it to honor his memory, he wanted it that way. I respect your organization however doubt I will ever join. With Walt and John's help I have recovered a few of our family stolen guns, the search still goes on for others. If you happen to run across some of the guns we talked about, I would appreciate being notified. I do miss Walt and John very much.

It seems you gentlemen now put your L.C. Smith Collectors Group above the Cody Museum, I definitely know what Walt Schiessl would say.

Take care

RGD/Dave
L.C. Smith Man

Last edited by Ryman Gun Dog; 08/14/18 01:10 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

2piper,

Baker was successful, especially with the L.C. Smith Made for Baker Hammer Guns, however Baker never produced any where near the amount of guns that Hunter Arms manufactured. Without Baker however, there may not have been a L.C. Smith Hunter Arms Company.

RGD/Dave
L.C. Smith Man

Last edited by Ryman Gun Dog; 08/14/18 01:34 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Dudley,

Always actually verify what you think before making your decisions, especially where L.C. Smith guns are concerned, always back up what you think with actual documented proof.

RGD/Dave
L.C. Smith Man

Sidelock
Sidelock

RGD,
Compare a Cody letter to Jim's letter on the same gun and your opinion of the "first" L C Smith Man will change

Sidelock
Sidelock

Laxcoach,

You have missed the point completely.

RGD/Dave
L.C. Smith Man

Sidelock
Sidelock

Dave, just exactly what is the point that Laxcoach missed?

I have conversed with you on another site and I can't remember which one it was, but I don't frequent that site. I had asked you about a few of the guns Tom had mentioned and never really got an answer back. I'm pretty sure that when you meant railroad you were probably also meaning Simmons Steel.

Also Tom (Archer) knows more than anyone I know about L.C. Smith's and I have learned a great deal from him.

David

Sidelock
Sidelock

David Williamson,

Because I am still searching for some of those guns you will not get an answer to your questions. I used the word railroad guns and yes meaning the Simmons Steel and others also.

No doubt Tom Archers knows a lot about L.C. Smith guns, never said he didn't.

The point is the Cody Museum is the recognized home of the L.C. Smith/Hunter Arms Historical Record, not the L.C. Smith Collectors Club. Whether the Cody Museum decides to give a big formal letter or a small one, is irrelevant.

RGD/Dave
L.C. Smith Man

Last edited by Ryman Gun Dog; 08/14/18 01:54 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Ryman Gun Dog
Dudley,

Always actually verify what you think before making your decisions, especially where L.C. Smith guns are concerned, always back up what you think with actual documented proof.

RGD/Dave
L.C. Smith Man

You putting Smiths up on a pedistal as the most superior in engineering/quality AND also suggesting that the stock on that gun being factory are in DIRECT contradiction to each other.

And I would invite you to take your own advise and back up the claims that you make with 殿ctual documented proof.

B.Dudley
Sidelock
Sidelock

RGD,

You are no more the LC Smith Man than Walt was...or I..or the guy down the street.

Mr. Archer and Mr. Williamson on the other hand are the real deal.

And, If Mr. Dudley says its not an original stock, he's right.

These guys have credibility. You don't. Please go away and quit driving the name of my favorite shotgun into the ground.

Last edited by Phunter; 08/14/18 03:02 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Tom Archer and others...you may have missed some intermittent threads of the past couple weeks, and therefore haven't yet realized that Ryman Gun Dog is the same guy as...

Beans
Pine Creek/Dave
RGD/Dave

...and perhaps a couple others I can't recall. He's been "Troll #1" on a slew of forums over the last few years. It never takes long for him to get pissy with everyone, because he throws around fake information interwoven with SOME true but very basic stuff. And the moment he's questioned on it he gets very defensive and starts telling everyone they don't know anything.

He's "lectured" Tom Williamson and others on all manner of LC Smith stuff on one thread I can recall, and he berated almost everyone on the Lefever forum about a year ago when people attempted to set him straight on his "1,000 Grade Lefever." Made a grand total of 8 posts, then dropped the mic and walked off stage. Lit the place on fire.

At the time I didn't recognize him as "Beans," and genuinely thought he was just a confused -- if, cantankerous -- guy. But it's obvious he's legitimately deluded.

Ask him to explain about the "entire set of silver breech LC Smiths which were a gift to his family from John Hunter." (!!!)

Then make some popcorn, put some good music on, sit back and read. He's the Andy Kaufman of gun forums.

He is exceptionally good at pissing people off. It would just be funny if he weren't so darned offensive. Plus, people come on here to actually LEARN stuff, so it doesn't help if what they "learn" is just the ramblings of an unmedicated paranoid schizophrenic.

- Nudge

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.