March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
3 members (Travis S, 12boreman, MattH), 623 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,376
Posts544,025
Members14,391
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Wonko the Sane
BTW - white line spacers have never gone out of style. They are as elegant and refined as always.

Yeah.......... along with bell bottom britches, polyester leisure suits, and 8 track tape decks. Whatever rings your chimes.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Stan;
I will have to say that White Line spacers never went Out of Style with me. One very good reason, they never were "In Style" with me. eek

Miller/TN
I Didn't Say Everything I Said, Yogi Berra
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Stan,
Same concept it would seem. There are many who believe 6 1/2 lbs is too porky for a 20, and it may be on a pure field gun, I suppose. But, a gun that sees some clay use is OK at that weight.
I dont care for single triggers either, Stan, but, a guy would be alright up here in the winter wearing a glove with that one.

Mr Flynn,
Good to see you posting, and, thank you for the gracious advice. I really have no intention of making any changes to the gun. People have notions, I suppose if I was ordering a new 20 from somebody, it would have a straight stock, splinter, no white line spacers, and 2 3/4 chambers. This was just some thinking out loud from members of my little gun club. Im going to leave it as it came to me.
It may need a bit of service down the road a bit, and Im not comfortable tightening up an Anson forearm. Ill be in touch.

Dr. Sane,
I had no idea you were a card carrying member of the Roy Weatherby Society of Firearms Finishing, Decoration,and Bloody Mary Mixing. Ha ha! Dont worry, no intention of eliminating the elegant and refined pieces of white plastic on the old girls wooden parts, but, only because everyone does that, and it would change the gun from how it was when it was gifted to me. WL Moore has two of these guns in stock, that have suffered the same treatment, like I said, everyone does that. When bell bottom jeans and disco music make a comeback, Ill be ahead of the curve.

Since we are on a roll, another gun capable of eating it all, so to speak:

Uggy Falcon 3 12. The whole 3 thingy is a bit overblown, or, was, anyway, and the only reason I can come up with for the use of the stuff is you got it for free. Well, I have a bunch of 3 crap that I got for free, and have yet to use any of it. I shant be feeding any of it to this gun, it is a bit light for that brand of foolishness.
This one had white line spacers AND spiffy golden like triggers. Yes, I eliminated them. I won it at auction for $410, shipped, and if you are hunting with me and Im using it, either you are a clutz, your dog is an oaf, or both. Or,the boat we are in leaks.I would use steel in it if that becomes a real thing, but, not just because the chokes have been opened way up, but, because I dont think I have enough years left to hurt it, and, I dont care. Sometimes a tool, is just that, and I have enough junk that I have to worship.
We likely have a few guys here that would say their only gun is their Purdey, or their Woodward O/U, and they use it for everything, as that is what it is for. I end up in some places where something like that simply doesnt belong, and I gotta believe they would come to that same conclusion if they tagged along.
My 2 1/2 guns, my really, really expensive guns, my delicate guns, my black powder proof guns, have mostly been moved on. That wasnt planned, it is just the way it worked out. I hunted a lot with my Nitro Special 16 gauge last year, after I lucked into a bunch of non toxic shot for it, and hunted a federal WMA, that is all non toxic.
If you got em, lets see em, just like Stan showed his.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

Another Ithaca/SKB. Chrome bores, ugly finish, no white line spacer, no special treatment required! I have some nicer, but this one always travels well. Still the one I pick most often to hunt birds with.

eeb Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Ive never heard of Perandelli and Gasperini. Are they still in business, or existing under another name?

eeb #520345 08/08/18 07:21 PM
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: eeb
Ive never heard of Perandelli and Gasperini. Are they still in business, or existing under another name?

Well, Im pretty sure the answer to both is no. The guns were imported by Richland, and it appears they were also sold around Europe. Richland was based in Blissfield, MI. They sold Italian doubles and Spanish doubles, then added some Italian O/Us. I think it was mostly Spanish doubles at the end. Seems like it ran 1960 or so, until the late 1970s.
Richland also did business in Italian replicas of single action guns, and muzzle loaders, and accessories for same.
The Italian gun is head and shoulders above quality of the Spanish offerings, from my limited sample experience. 12 and 20 gauge on the P&G guns, with the 20 being a 3 gun.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

Same configuration as the B.C. Miroku guns.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Another for which I don't worry about pressures when buying shells. Italian San Georgio, 2 3/4" chambers, built 1971 (by Bernardelli, I am told), Kersten style cross bolt, 30" barrels, 7 lbs. 3 oz., Briley thin-wall S1 series chokes, flat/level rib. Easily shootable gun. I bought it, from a friend on this board years ago, to use in hammergun events. It has been High Hammergun at the Southern Fall Classic once or twice, and second other times. Had to get the sear and tumbler hardened on the left lock, after setting the trigger pull myself a couple times and having it "round off" after less than 100 trigger pulls. I farmed that out to Jim Kelly. It's right as rain now.

Plain Jane Wood, with a chip and blemish here and there, but a great knockabout hammergun. Doesn't know RST from Walmart Specials. Easy to use in the field............ because you won't be spending any time staring at the gun you will spot birds quicker. wink

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Nice old Bernadelli, Stan. The Richland double from P&G is the one Francis Sell wrote about in the late 60's in Gun Digest promoting the 3" 20 gauge shell for waterfowling. He did pretty well in making his case.
JR

Be strong, be of good courage.
God bless America, long live the Republic.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Ted Schefelbein

Dr. Sane,
I had no idea you were a card carrying member of the Roy Weatherby Society of Firearms Finishing, Decoration,and Bloody Mary Mixing. Ha ha! Dont worry, no intention of eliminating the elegant and refined pieces of white plastic on the old girls wooden parts, but, only because everyone does that, and it would change the gun from how it was when it was gifted to me. WL Moore has two of these guns in stock, that have suffered the same treatment, like I said, everyone does that. When bell bottom jeans and disco music make a comeback, Ill be ahead of the curve.

Only since I was in grade school and Roy was doing his traveling road show with the film of his African safari and the how wowie his rifles killed things. At every showing he gave away a 300WM (IIRC) and my little brother got to draw the winning ticket for the one we attended. Roy said something about who the winner better not be and got a good laugh. My Dad didn't win of course.
And BTW there is nothing contemporaneous or interrelated with white line spacers and the fashion/music $hit mentioned.

Dr.WtS
Mysteries of the Cosmos Unlocked
available by subscription
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.