March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
9 members (bushveld, docbill, Dave Weber, cable, 2 invisible), 339 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts543,999
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Sidelock
Sidelock

Go to the drop down menu, select mens, then footwear, then scroll down. They have 6-8 styles. The ones I bought were St Hubert model that were regularly approx $400. I paid around $200. If you sign up for their email updates you will get a clearance notice every so often. Ive gotten some really great deals.

WR is out of the ones I bought, but has 2 styles for $200 and under. Shipping is $20 and I get mine in Indiana in 2-3 days.

I unchecked ignore on jOe just to see what kind of trash he was talking and was reminded of why I ignored him years ago. Thanks for the input on my transaction with WR that you have no knowledge of.

Sidelock
Sidelock

My gift of the day...Ebay France

I've seen them there for less than $200

But, what you'll find with rubber boots, is great variance between brands in fit. So, try on many, choose that which fits best for your feet. Then, buy 2 pair.

You might find the Seeland LL or the Hunter LL or the ....LL a better fit for you.

I find the LeChemeau too soft for my use.

For dog training and walking my yard, I buy 10.00 chore boots at TSC, and cut the shafts off at 8". Keep your feet dry, easy on, off, hoseable, great for getting the paper, putting out trash etc. No soggy socks from the dew. Leave them by the back door.

I almost never walk through any water greater than 8" in the field.

Out there doing it best I can.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Put me back on ignore yOu dummy.

The St Hubert model is not the Chasseur...

Sidelock
Sidelock

Ive got two pair of leather lined Chasseurs...a new back up pair and the pair i wear thats 10+ years old and still going.

The thing about the leather lined Chasseur is your feet don't feel hot and clamey like they do with the man made synthetic linings.

Side zipper makes for easy on and off. Best money I ever spent on pair of hunting boots.

I use a pair of the green Superfeet inserts in mine makes fit a little better for me giving me more ankle support.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Well, I discovered my La Crosse 18" rubbers have a crack in them this weekend. I decided to purchase the Le Chameau Traqueur boots. What caught my attention to this model (aside from the good price) was this:

"Ultra-durable field and extreme terrain rubber boot. Natural rubber upper with Kevlar reinforcement technology to protect against abrasion from groundcover."

Seems like just the thing for someone who is hard on their boots like me. They also have a half zip located at the calf of the boot. At the price of $157 shipped from the UK, it seemed like a good deal. Time will tell...

Eis Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

From where, what's the link?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Please report back. That new lining sounds interesting.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: ClapperZapper

For dog training and walking my yard, I buy 10.00 chore boots at TSC, and cut the shafts off at 8". Keep your feet dry, easy on, off, hoseable, great for getting the paper, putting out trash etc. No soggy socks from the dew. Leave them by the back door.

I almost never walk through any water greater than 8" in the field.

I do the same thing. I cut a 2" vertical slit on back of each to help my feet slide in. I wear them every day.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Great minds thing alike. smile
I wear mine on and off 10 times a day in the AM.

Eis, If you check out Sportsmansguncentre.UK.com, they will have the Seeland LL's (as well as others) for less than $200 delivered to you.

I can't stress enough trying various rubber boots on. They are all a little different. I like that Hunter provides a thick, and a thin, foot bed with each pair for better fitting.

Out there doing it best I can.
Eis #516737 06/25/18 06:20 AM
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Eis
From where, what's the link?

Eis,

Here is the link. They also have free shipping and 10% off with the code located in the pink bar at the top. Total should be around $157.

https://www.countryattire.com/le-chameau-men-s-traqueur-wellington-boots-green-chameau-bcb2021.html

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.