March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
1 members (trw999), 852 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,014
Members14,391
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Sidelock
Sidelock

Westley Richards invented the A&D boxlock and the quality of their older BLEs is excellent. I think, if it conforms to the stated specs, that it would be a very well made, well balanced gun.

C Man
Life is short
Quit your job.
Turn off the TV.
Go outside and play.
Sidelock
Sidelock

The market values Westley Richards at Brand Value level two (BV2) which is 3/4 of the value of BV1. Midgrade BLE's have Original Quality grade of six (OQ6). Current Condition seems close to level three (CC3 - Significent use).

BV2-OQ6-CC3 = $3,480. Remember this number is a value, not a price. Price is a number agreed to by a willing seller and willing and able buyer.

It is a nice, attractive gun and would likely prove sufficiently robust to provide a lifetime of loyal service.

DDA

Sidelock
Sidelock

I have a wonderful WR 16 ga boxlock ejector that has only one screw in trigger plate,most I have seen have a separate screw to remove trigger group.Bobby

rtw Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

How much "Value" would you all add to a gun if it came in it's makers case that was canvas? Or if it was leather? Or, if it was oak and leather?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: rtw
How much "Value" would you all add to a gun if it came in it's makers case that was canvas? Or if it was leather? Or, if it was oak and leather?

Cases probably don't add much when they are with the gun. You might add $350-500 depending on the case condition and accessories. However, if you want a case they can get expensive. Some maker's cases are difficult to find.

Ken

SKB Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

In my view it depends on the gun and the case. Average every day gun, average case, not much increase in value. Top drawer stuff cased in O&L, accessories etc add a fair bit of value.

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: rtw

I take kind of a mixed view on this issue. Basically, the gun and case should "go together." A lower OQ and/or lower CC gun in a high condition O&L case is sorta like caramel sauce on sauerkraut --- some things just don't go. A higher OQ grade and /or higher CC gun in a ratty deal (canvas over softwood) case equally doesn't go. The higher the OQ grade the higher the market's expectation that it will come with suitable case.

Usable cases seem to range from about $100 to $800. If the gun comes with a case of higher value than fits to the gun, you could expect to pay the difference in retail value of the case. If the gun comes with a case of value less than you can reasonably expect, you may give it a ding equal to the difference in retail value.

Just about every auction has a plethora of cases. Track the values for a few auctions and you will develop a good idea of case values.

DDA

Sidelock
Sidelock

That's one heck of a nice looking gun and reeks with quality. I have no idea what the market will bear but it is definitely a couple notches above the standard issue Birmy boxlock. I'd be proud to own it. Good luck!

When an old man dies a library burns to the ground. (Old African proverb)
Sidelock
Sidelock

An interesting argument in favor of cases:

https://www.theexplora.com/the-case-for-a-gun-case/

Sidelock
Sidelock

Boy I miss Simon Clode's writing on "The Explora."

No one could write about guns or the gun business like Simon.

rtw, if you are interested in purchasing the gun and have questions you should by all means E-mail Ricky Bond with Westley Richards there in the U.K. If you need Ricky's E-mail address let me know.

I have bought from Ricky/Westley Richards and the experience was great. L.D. will help out with everything on this side too. Ricky and L.D. and the whole W.R. operation are easy to work with - 1st class all the way.

Last edited by 1cdog; 06/25/18 04:33 PM.
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.