April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,172 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,445
Posts544,841
Members14,406
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Sidelock
Sidelock

Must've been fun getting to use lead (I assume) for ducks, again. Our trip to Mendoza for this coming August had to be cancelled due to lack of participation. We had special pricing for a minimum of 11, and could only get 6 commitments due to various reasons. I'm disappointed, but not overly, as I remember Romans 8:28.

Thanks again for all the great pics and......................congratulations. You're now a half century old!! eek

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Raimey;
My Thanks also for all the pictures. Looks like a totally fascinating trip all around. I spent over 35 years in machine shops so truly appreciate the shop tools. Congrats on the Big 5 0, I turned 80 in March so you've got a ways to go yet.

Miller/TN
I Didn't Say Everything I Said, Yogi Berra
GLS Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Stan
Thanks again for all the great pics and......................congratulations. You're now a half century old!! eek

SRH

50 ain't old (for a tree). Gil

Sidelock
Sidelock

Raimey, Happy Birthday and well done reaching 50. As Gil just noted.....50 ain't old at all. 60 is fast approaching for me, less than a month and a half, and you can't fool yourself about that one. LOL

Looks like a great trip. Glad it worked out so well.

Last edited by canvasback; 06/21/18 09:27 AM.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

Raimey,
I learned the hard way, if you don't go when you are young, like you, you don't go at all. Good for you.
Mike

ellenbr Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Ford:

I took that advice some 20 years back & have not regretted it. I've spent time w/ a Shaman in the Amazon, been down the West side of Africa & driven across the Belgian Congo plus have dropped in most countries from the Texas border all the way down to Argentina. Not ONE regret. All jaunts were adventures of a lifetime, with this one providing me w/ the tools to embrace the 1/2 century mark, i.e. Stan, I too hold w/ Romans.....

Thanks to all the well wishers but I told my Primary Doc today that you know when the Apothecary / Chemist phones to wish you a happy birthday that you indeed on their list and they are courting you for additional business all centred around age.....?

Too I'll have to say that the internet and boards like this, even though there's a lot of to & fro from time to time, but I've yet to agree to meet someone that I've met on this board & similar and be even slightly disappointed by the effort. I have many more appointments to make but this one sort of set the tone. The internet & GPS allow one to travel unabated where one arrives in country, rents an auto w/ the GPS function, have the renter to correctly programme in the address and in short order one pulls up in the driveway. Pretty amazing to me even though it is said that I am one of the foremost GNSS/GPS authorities?

Cheers,

Raimey
rse

ellenbr Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Stan:

Indeed, lead. But an odd tid-bit of info while I was @ Velser's shop was that an O/U DR made by Velser some years back was back in the shop & due to New German rules on lead bullets, the client wanted the O/U DR w/ 2 calibres to be regulated to new non-lead variants. Was & still is dealing Büchsenmacher Velser some misery.

Also, in South Africa, game-bird limits are 10 per hunter/day or the outfitter generally goes by the number of the squad times 10.

Pigeons(Racing & Rocky) & doves do not have a limit but thus far the most that have been shot is 1500 which was over 5 days. 800 seems to be an average but I only ground checked a dozen doves. Can't say that for the pigeons.

Cheers,

Raimey
rse

ellenbr Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

One last item, the cat from Georgia, the Outfitter & myself all saw the 1/2 century mark w/in the past 6 months. So we are all in the same boat w/ a hole in it????? Pretty Neat.

Cheers,

Raimey
rse

ellenbr Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

A couple more images of Büchsenmacher Velser:

Thanks to Wolfgang on the image effort.

Cheers,

Raimey
rse

Sidelock
Sidelock

Great pictures both of the hunt and of the shop - a surprisingly neat and organized place. I guess that goes without saying for Germans. Very interesting and thanks for posting them!

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.