April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
9 members (gunmaker, LeFusil, Bob Blair, MattH, Karl Graebner, 1 invisible), 417 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,444
Posts544,807
Members14,406
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
ed good Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

have in hand 1912 vintage 20 ga parker vh with a steel butt plate...looks like the plain steel butt plate one sees on field grade parker hammer guns from the 19th century...anybody ever hear of this being a special order factory option?

Last edited by ed good; 06/17/18 11:51 PM.

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

Ed, you should take your own advice and turn this gun in, along with any other dangerous guns you have.

Originally Posted By: ed good
as for the gun control issue...we are the only country in the world that seems to tolerate mass murder, in the name of an individual right...its about time that we as a society realize that we are over gunned with too many super dangerous weapons in the hands of too many super dangerous people... it is long past time to do as the rest of the civilized world has done and simply, disarm...

Anti-Gun Posts by Ed Good

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

ed good Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

keety: tanks fur bumpin dis up to duh top fur me...

but keety, as i have cautioned you before, the more you publicise rational, reasonable ideas, like that expressed above, the more people begin to think...and when you combine critical thought with events, change may occur... particularly, if the timing is right for change...be careful, the change you nurture, may not be to your liking...

Last edited by ed good; 06/18/18 05:00 PM.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I'll take my chances Ed. But what you call "critical thought" is nothing more than your Trolling and frequent calls for disarming law abiding U.S. citizens here on a firearms forum. Our chances are certainly better now that we don't have anti-gun Liberal Left Democrats controlling the White House and Congress.

I think that if everyone knows just how you feel about our firearms and our 2nd Amendment rights, they might not be inclined to help you by answering questions that help you to sell your crap non-original shotgun.

I do understand that there are a couple guys who still think they can change you by being nice to you, but to me, that is simply more proof that you can't fix stupid.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Ed, to answer your question I highly doubt that they used a metal butt plate from a hammer gun made decades earlier. If someone wanted to have a metal butt plate added for some reason they would have asked for one in current use on higher graded guns. It is more likely the old style butt plate was added later by a person trying to dress up minor damage to the butt stock or to dress up a shortened stock. how long is the stock in question? Does it fit into a normal length? If it is 12-13" then you can safely assume it has been shortened, if it is 14" + it might be full length.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I don't see how you guys don't block each other

Sidelock
Sidelock

Now why on earth would I block Ed? I'm the only friend he has here. Without me, how would people who aren't regular visitors here know that he is an anti-gun Troll who only pretends to like guns when he thinks he can make some money on one.

Not only is Ed anti-gun, he doesn't care much for hunting either. But that won't stop some people from feeding the Troll:

why kill anything?

and here is what Wikipedia has to say about peta:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PETA

again, whats the problem some have with this organization?

ed good Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

ky: i doubt as well...however, length of pull is 14"...plus width of stock at plate is wider than normal, which supports idea that plate may be original...plate is plain with no engravings. just like those found on early field grade parker hammer guns...

Last edited by ed good; 06/19/18 08:36 AM.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: 67galaxie

I think you mean ignore not block.

Michael Dittamo
Topeka, KS
Sidelock
Sidelock

Ed, does the buttplate have the spur like the originals with the corresponding recess in the heel of the buttstock?

ed good Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

dam: yes, it does...

Sidelock
Sidelock

Pictures, please.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I would bet if you ordered a VH with a steel buttplate in 1912 that Parker Bros would do it. Get a letter!

I learn something every day, and a lot of times it's that what I learned the day before was wrong

Sidelock
Sidelock

Pics???

B.Dudley
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: old colonel
Originally Posted By: 67galaxie

I think you mean ignore not block.

Seriously Gladys, what's the difference? I think it was abundantly clear to almost everyone just what 67galaxie meant when he suggested blocking each other. Why, I'll bet that even Ed knew what he meant.

If you want to get all anal about such things in your capacity of self-appointed Thread Moderator, you might start by placing a comma after the word "ignore" in your post.

I also would like to see Ed comply with eightbore's request:

Originally Posted By: eightbore
Pictures, please.

It's been awhile since we've been treated to pictures of Ed's tarted-up guns. Just imagine the desecrations this Parker has had inflicted upon it... grotesque fake acetylene torch colors... a top lever bent to make it appear right of center... etc. But I'd expect that pictures of it will appear on Gunbroker or Guns International in the near future, surrounded by leaves, and with a description of it being a probable special order gun. Just my opinion, as always...

Sidelock
Sidelock

Quote:
and here is what Wikipedia has to say about peta:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PETA

again, whats the problem some have with this organization?

Gen 3:21 Unto Adam also and to his wife did the LORD God make coats of skins, and clothed them.
Gen 9:2 And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon every beast of the earth, and upon every fowl of the air, upon all that moveth upon the earth, and upon all the fishes of the sea; into your hand are they delivered.
Gen 9:3 Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things.

I Know Who God is, Who?? is peta that I should put their word above that of My Creator.

Miller/TN
I Didn't Say Everything I Said, Yogi Berra
Sidelock
Sidelock

Amen, Miller !!!!

Sidelock
Sidelock

No pictures on gunbroker either.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Ed's buddy Jagermeister is able to post pictures of guns he doesn't even own. But Ed might have to wait until fall so he can put a few autumn leaves in the photo with the gun. If he really needs some dead leaves, I could send him some poison ivy I sprayed with Bonide last week.

ed good Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

2, your point to the old testament justification for killing animals is well taken...however, some hindus, buddhists and taoist, among others...may take issue with you regarding the sanctity of all life...killing for food, clothing, shelter and defense is one thing...but, killing for pleasure is a whole nother thing...

ed good Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

an as too the lack of pitchers here...posting pictures here is a pain in the ass, and as such, i just cant be bothered...

plus, the purpose of this thread is not to quiz you guys as to weather or not you think this particular gun has an original parker factory butt plate or not...if it were, i agree, it is not possible to make a judgment without images...

the purpose of this thread was to inquire if anyone knew of other parker vh grade guns with an original factory installed steel butt plate? the logic being, that if there were others, then this one could also be a special order item...

agreed a parker collector letter might tell the tale...however, i dont want to know bad enough, to fork over a $100, for five minutes work, a boiler plate form letter on a fancy letter head and yeah, a postage stamp too...

Last edited by ed good; 06/20/18 12:14 AM.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Go away..........please. It ain't going to get no better.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
ed good Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

well,stan...dat wernt nice... guess dat mean you aint never herd o no vh gon wid da factory steal but plate, needer...

Last edited by ed good; 06/20/18 12:16 AM.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: keith

Ed's buddy Jagermeister is able to post pictures of guns he doesn't even own. But Ed might have to wait until fall so he can put a few autumn leaves in the photo with the gun. If he really needs some dead leaves, I could send him some poison ivy I sprayed with Bonide last week.

sleep

ed good Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

amazin how da trolls jes run ramp pid here...

Sidelock
Sidelock

Why do you feel the need to talk like a illiterate ass hat?

ed good Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

kinda like cause hit agre vates some like you here...

hits ah kinda like market research...tryin to find out who here has der knickers in ah knot, so ah will know who to avoid, when ah starts sellin agin, which will be shortly, as da gun season is rapidly approachin...

have collected sum pretty nice huntin guns over da winter an spring...wanna be sure de dont fall into da wrong hans, no watt ah mean...

Last edited by ed good; 06/20/18 08:50 AM.

ed good Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

oh, an eight, tanks fur da plug re my listings on gunbroker, as seller ed1...pitchers, an more nice gons should be up next week or sooner...

the wedder has been so nice up here in nh, plus ah been runnin round pickin up consignments, a jes aint taken da time to take pitchers, which ah consider work, witch by nature ah avoid...even packin gons for shipment is more fun dan pitcher takin an uploadin an awl dat...

Last edited by ed good; 06/20/18 08:56 AM.

ed good Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

guess nobody here dont got no positive input re vh gons wid factory steal plates...oh well, hit were worth a shot, (pun intended)...

SKB Online Content
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Try writing in English and you may get some real responses. You were asked for pictures and can not be bothered. What do you expect?

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
Sidelock
Sidelock

Morning drinking is a pleasant experience, but it does little for the gun auction business.

ed good Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

skb: please refer to post above...not seeking input re this gun in par tic ular...am looking for input re evidence that parker factory did in fact, install plain steel butt plates on vh grade guns...

Last edited by ed good; 06/20/18 01:36 PM.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Here is some imput on VH Parkers with factory steel buttplates...

They likely didnt make any. Period.

Now... unless you are going to post photos for review, any further discussion on the topic is pointless.

B.Dudley
ed good Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

eightbore, your post reminds me of one of my neighbors in the 50's...she was an elderly lady, who had to have her medicine in the morning to wake up and the same medicine in the evening to go to sleep...my mom would send me to the local store to replenish her supply frequently...remember the bottle label had GIN printed on it...as i recall she died at 88, because she went to spend the night with her granddaughter and fell and broke her hip. she never came home from the hospital...there are lessons here, i guess...

i suspect your plug re my items for sale as seller ed1 on gunbroker.com, was not intentional, but i thank you again for your assistance...whatever your motives...

ed good Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

well, dudley thank you for your opinion...photos here will not help answer my question...if no one comes forward, then guess new owner can spring for the parker collectors letter, re this particular gun...

the fact that the butt stock at heal and toe are extra wide to accommodate the steel plate, that is good enough for me...

and, pitchers will be up on gunbroker listing in a few days...

Sidelock
Sidelock

pictures won't help... what???

You are sooooo full of it.

B.Dudley
Sidelock
Sidelock

Here's a picture of the Czar's Parker Ed. It took about a whole minute to find it, save it, and then post it here.

I figured it would be a good idea to post it before your buddy Jagermeister claims he owns it, as he did with several guns he merely had on Layaway and never actually bought. If BrentD can post pictures here, surely you can do it.

Now that you know your VH Parker with the steel buttplate is most likely not original, I can hardly wait to read your description when you attempt to sell it. But instead of selling it, you should consider giving it to Jagermeister so he can actually finally own at least one lousy double shotgun.

ed good Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

dudley: are you really so dense? or are you just looking to make trouble?...once again i do not wish confirmation here that the butt plate on a particular gun is or is not factory original...

what i am asking here is this: does anyone here have evidence that parker ever installed plain steel butt plates on vh guns...

simple answers are yes or no...

and, if yes, then some details would be appreciated...

Last edited by ed good; 06/20/18 08:17 PM.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: keith
Here's a picture of the Czar's Parker Ed. It took about a whole minute to find it, save it, and then post it here.

I figured it would be a good idea to post it before your buddy Jagermeister claims he owns it, as he did with several guns he merely had on Layaway and never actually bought. If BrentD can post pictures here, surely you can do it.

Now that you know your VH Parker with the steel buttplate is most likely not original, I can hardly wait to read your description when you attempt to sell it. But instead of selling it, you should consider giving it to Jagermeister so he can actually finally own at least one lousy double shotgun.

I do own one very good SxS shotgun. There is one American SxS I would like to own, but very few were made long time ago so finding one is almost impossible.

ed good Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

tell us about it jager...

Sidelock
Sidelock

Yes Ed I've seen steel plates on VH Parkers. Actually have a few. They're great guns aren't they? Show us a pic of yours and I'll dig mine out?

ed good Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

battle, thanks for positive response...will pm you when pics are up on gunbroker listing, which should be early next week...busy time for me right now... running around new england and new york state picking up consignments from old friends and some new ones...

picked up 12 ga win 21 today, skeet grade, with two sets of vent ribbed barrels, in a&f trunk case...very nice, used condition, with non winchester pad...but, cody letter included, says gun was restocked at factory, with customer supplied pad fitted...how cool is dat?

one of the joys of my hobby gun dealer bidness, is finding guns, that at first glance, the reaction is...oh too bad about the non factory alterations...but then to find out, that it is a rare and documented custom order feature or factory alteration...

like, had a 20 gauge vhe last year that had a blued receiver...serial number 242xxx, 1942 production...first reaction from the parker afficiados...cant be factory work...story from consigner...item was ordered in late 41 as wedding present by future father in law of bride to be...these folks lived in denver...seems like father in law to be was friend of remington factory rep for area...so, as favor, rep had gun specially built to custom order specs...appartently case colors were not appreciated, so request was to just harden and blue receiver...cant prove story, but consigner is not gun guy, and had no reason to make up fib...this is the kind of stuff that makes my day...

Last edited by ed good; 06/21/18 02:54 PM.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Modern SLE, 6.5lb 28" barrels 2&3/4" chambers 1/4-1/2 chokes, splinter forend, straight grip stock of nice figure ending in finely checkered butt, swamped game rib, game scene engraved and capable of digesting 2&3/4 upland steel loads. I'm very satisfied with this piece.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Jagermeister

Modern SLE, 6.5lb 28" barrels 2&3/4" chambers 1/4-1/2 chokes, splinter forend, straight grip stock of nice figure ending in finely checkered butt, swamped game rib, game scene engraved and capable of digesting 2&3/4 upland steel loads. I'm very satisfied with this piece.

Ah yes... This is the imaginary double you began telling us you kept after several years of telling us that you no longer had any doubles... but was searching for just the right one.

We have heard your bullshit stories about guns you claimed to own, but merely had on Layaway. We've heard your reports about the effectiveness of a recoil pad on a gun you never fired because you never completed the purchase. We've seen you tell us about your use of polyethylene shot buffer only two weeks before telling us you never reload ammunition. We've heard you claim that you voted for Trump after months of bashing him before the election. We've read dozens of your reviews on guns you never owned and never will own. And now we see how sad and pathetic you are, claiming to own this imaginary SLE double after your friend King Brown embarrassed the hell out of you by commenting on your wild gun buying fantasies.

All I can say is, it's pretty bad when a professional world-class bullshitter like King takes the time to point out your bullshit Jagermeister. You really aren't fooling anyone anymore. It would be best for you to start over again on another firearms forum...but next time, try to keep your lies straight.

ed good Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

keet = bs...

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.