April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 187 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,441
Posts544,760
Members14,404
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
ed good Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

have in hand 1912 vintage 20 ga parker vh with a steel butt plate...looks like the plain steel butt plate one sees on field grade parker hammer guns from the 19th century...anybody ever hear of this being a special order factory option?

Last edited by ed good; 06/17/18 11:51 PM.

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

Ed, you should take your own advice and turn this gun in, along with any other dangerous guns you have.

Originally Posted By: ed good
as for the gun control issue...we are the only country in the world that seems to tolerate mass murder, in the name of an individual right...its about time that we as a society realize that we are over gunned with too many super dangerous weapons in the hands of too many super dangerous people... it is long past time to do as the rest of the civilized world has done and simply, disarm...

Anti-Gun Posts by Ed Good

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

ed good Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

keety: tanks fur bumpin dis up to duh top fur me...

but keety, as i have cautioned you before, the more you publicise rational, reasonable ideas, like that expressed above, the more people begin to think...and when you combine critical thought with events, change may occur... particularly, if the timing is right for change...be careful, the change you nurture, may not be to your liking...

Last edited by ed good; 06/18/18 05:00 PM.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I'll take my chances Ed. But what you call "critical thought" is nothing more than your Trolling and frequent calls for disarming law abiding U.S. citizens here on a firearms forum. Our chances are certainly better now that we don't have anti-gun Liberal Left Democrats controlling the White House and Congress.

I think that if everyone knows just how you feel about our firearms and our 2nd Amendment rights, they might not be inclined to help you by answering questions that help you to sell your crap non-original shotgun.

I do understand that there are a couple guys who still think they can change you by being nice to you, but to me, that is simply more proof that you can't fix stupid.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Ed, to answer your question I highly doubt that they used a metal butt plate from a hammer gun made decades earlier. If someone wanted to have a metal butt plate added for some reason they would have asked for one in current use on higher graded guns. It is more likely the old style butt plate was added later by a person trying to dress up minor damage to the butt stock or to dress up a shortened stock. how long is the stock in question? Does it fit into a normal length? If it is 12-13" then you can safely assume it has been shortened, if it is 14" + it might be full length.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I don't see how you guys don't block each other

Sidelock
Sidelock

Now why on earth would I block Ed? I'm the only friend he has here. Without me, how would people who aren't regular visitors here know that he is an anti-gun Troll who only pretends to like guns when he thinks he can make some money on one.

Not only is Ed anti-gun, he doesn't care much for hunting either. But that won't stop some people from feeding the Troll:

why kill anything?

and here is what Wikipedia has to say about peta:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PETA

again, whats the problem some have with this organization?

ed good Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

ky: i doubt as well...however, length of pull is 14"...plus width of stock at plate is wider than normal, which supports idea that plate may be original...plate is plain with no engravings. just like those found on early field grade parker hammer guns...

Last edited by ed good; 06/19/18 08:36 AM.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: 67galaxie
I don't see how you guys don't block each other

I think you mean ignore not block.

Michael Dittamo
Topeka, KS
Sidelock
Sidelock

Ed, does the buttplate have the spur like the originals with the corresponding recess in the heel of the buttstock?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.