April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
2 members (LRF, 1 invisible), 1,034 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,469
Posts545,142
Members14,409
Most Online1,299
Apr 26th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: tw
See where Russia won the opening match in world cup fotboll. It will go a full month before it is decided who the new champ is. I don't watch, but keep up w/it, if only because it is SO important to a huge global audience. The Brits may have a good chance, but it remains to be seen. Very intense game and only those in best physical form can play at world cup levels. The best win.

https://youtu.be/gbVJ-31JSrA

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: salopian
Rounders an English game played by school girls .
Baseball an American game played by men wearing pantaloons.
Rugby an English Game played by Men and hairy assed Ozzies & Kiwi's who annually thrash the Brits.
American Football an American game played by padded sissies.

I just thought the board needed livening up.

There is no reason to think that this thread will be any more welcoming to the truth than any other on this forum. Your simple but true observations will likely not meet with any great enthusiasm. Tho I do take exception to your "padded sissies" comment. I believe the proper term would be "armored". HTH

SkeetTX - it's no fault of mine that others seemingly leaped on a non-gun, non-SOS thread. And I don't think that really requires any deep cogitation to understand.

Last edited by Wonko the Sane; 06/15/18 11:22 AM.

Dr.WtS
Mysteries of the Cosmos Unlocked
available by subscription
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: moses
Yeah ! well Jesse Owens sure showed him a thing or four gold medals in 1936.

All this sport & no mention of your greatest sportsman of all time. Champion of the world. Gold in 1960, The Louisville Lip.
He is the Greatest.
O.M

Oh yeah!!!!

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: skeettx
Feel free to use this system to discuss your doubles, drillings, combination guns, other fine firearms, and related material. The rules are really simple: Stay on the subject matter, keep it clean, and contribute answers when you can!

As long as we are discussing sports, I would also like to start threads on baking pies and trading patterns for dresses. I hear these really bring on the discussions and some entertainment

What say Y'all??

Wonko, I can explain it to you but I cannot understand it for you

Poor skeetx just doesn't understand how things work around here... even though he's been around plenty long enough to see.

The only thing that is really considered OFF-TOPIC is any thread or post which addresses our 2nd Amendment Gun Rights, or which confronts and exposes the Trolls who frequently attempt to undermine those Constitutional Rights by their support for anti-gunners.

Nothing will raise the ire of our self-appointed Thread Moderators and Thread Police like those subjects. And just look at what happened when Dewey Vicknair voiced his opinion several days ago. People who never said a word about anti-gunners and those who support anti-gunners came out of the woodwork to attack a talented gunsmith who had shared his knowledge with us. I found that very interesting.

It appears that Dewey is gone for good... unlike some others who made emotional estrogen fueled exit announcements... but didn't really go away... unfortunately...

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

"Sport" is that which is visited upon game animals by a human armed with a device of some sort used to end the pursuit of said animal.

"Game" is either a generic name applied to said animals, or something that requires sticks, balls, score keepers, and written rules. People "play" games, "sport" is not "played".

Tip O the pen to Stephen Bodio.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Ted Schefelbein
"Sport" is that which is visited upon game animals by a human armed with a device of some sort used to end the pursuit of said animal.

"Game" is either a generic name applied to said animals, or something that requires sticks, balls, score keepers, and written rules. People "play" games, "sport" is not "played".

Best,
Ted

So a falcon is merely a device?

Golf is both a game and a sport because I could fill a seabag full of ducks and geese. Just drive by and knock em in the head.

DJ -4 at US Open.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: gunsaholic
Now if you want to watch an action packed game, watch darts!

I like watching darts. Its amazing how good some of those guys are!!!!!!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Woody402
Originally Posted By: gunsaholic
Now if you want to watch an action packed game, watch darts!

I like watching darts. Its amazing how good some of those guys are!!!!!!

And youre never too far from a shot and a beer. And there is always a game on the big screen like golf or hockey.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Ted Schefelbein
Best,
Ted

Unfortunately the standard dictionary definition does not agree with that. The terms are interchangeable for all intents and purposes.
The below is not as extensive as Webster but has the essence

sport
noun
an individual or group activity pursued for exercise or pleasure, often involving the testing of physical capabilities and taking the form of a competitive game such as football, tennis, etc
such activities considered collectively
any particular pastime indulged in for pleasure
the pleasure derived from a pastime, esp hunting, shooting, or fishingwe had good sport today
playful or good-humoured jokingto say a thing in sport
derisive mockery or the object of such mockeryto make sport of someone
someone or something that is controlled by external influencesthe sport of fate
informal (sometimes qualified by good, bad, etc) a person who reacts cheerfully in the face of adversity, esp a good loser
informal a person noted for being scrupulously fair and abiding by the rules of a game
informal a person who leads a merry existence, esp a gamblerhe's a bit of a sport
Australian and NZ informal a form of address used esp between males
biology
an animal or plant that differs conspicuously in one or more aspects from other organisms of the same species, usually because of a mutation
an anomalous characteristic of such an organism

Last edited by Wonko the Sane; 06/15/18 11:46 PM.

Dr.WtS
Mysteries of the Cosmos Unlocked
available by subscription
Sidelock
Sidelock

wAnker the insane...

Why not take your circle jerk circus elsewhere.

Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.