May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
8 members (Jusanothajoe, Argo44, Karl Graebner, HalfaDouble, Don Zahringer, 1 invisible), 256 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,547
Posts546,165
Members14,423
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#512147 04/22/18 06:17 PM
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I had a great day yesterday at the annual exposition. Many of the vendors who will be at the Spring Southern next weekend were there. This deal was designed years ago with that in mind obviously, because it is held one week from the Southern each year. Pretty smart on the part of the promoters, as it allows vendors who have to drive a long ways to combine the two events with a little break in between.

Shot a round of clays with a couple of buddies that I hadn't seen for a couple years, then had some good pulled pork bbq and beef brisket for lunch. I couldn't make up my mind which I wanted so she gave me both. I need to remember that for the future...............might work again. wink

Spent a good bit of the afternoon with Lou at the CSMC tables. I had asked him weeks ago to bring me one of their LOM cases, and one of the damascus boot knives, for examination. Well, the quality was so good on them both that I bought them. That is a really nice LOM case, shearling lined, with several features that set it apart from most others. Really nice looking and substantial. It came home with me, but the knife didn't. Just across the aisle from CSMC was Geoffroy Gournet, tapping away at his engraver's block on some work. Lou and I walked over and asked him if he would consider doing a little engraving on it for me. He said he would and I asked him to put my initials on the little medallion, and a small amount of scroll on the bolsters and butt end. He will send it back to me soon, and I'll have a personalized version of the knife. This was my first opportunity to meet Geoffroy, and it was no small pleasure for me. What a gracious gentleman he is. Ever smiling, patient, and helpful to a fault. I have been privileged to be able to meet and watch some great engravers in my life, Lynton McKenzie, Lew Sanchez, but Geoffroy is just a genuine pleasure.

Also spent time enough to enjoy a great Montecristo cigar with Lou. Gregor of Braeval joined us, and when I asked, he related the history of the company. Great to get to know the people behind the products. Always great to get to see Steve Barnett and look over his splendid gathering of fine doubles ...........and I do mean fine. There were some outstanding pieces there. Many others I won't try to mention, but you who get to the Southern this coming weekend will get to enjoy many of the same vendors. Thanks to Lou, and Gregor, for putting up with me for awhile.

I won't make the Southern next weekend. We will be starting to plant peanuts and the queen and I have a wedding to attend Saturday evening. You guys have fun there. Maybe I can make it next year.

GG beginning preliminary measuring and layout on the knife:

Best, SRH

Last edited by Stan; 04/22/18 06:18 PM. Reason: sp.

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Stan, I'd hoped to see you yesterday but didn't - Judy said she saw you from a distance - we'll miss you at the Southern. Geoffroy does beautiful engraving and Judy never misses the chance to watch him work.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Sorry I missed y'all too, Bob. I looked for you, but never hooked up. I was sorry that Kirby wasn't there this year. He's always a pleasure to visit with, too. And, he usually has some really interesting guns. He'll prolly be at the Southern.

Best to you and Judy, SRH

Sidelock
Sidelock

Good report, Stan. Judy and I would have enjoyed being there. Headed to Nashville Thursday for the Gamaliel Cup.
JR

Be strong, be of good courage.
God bless America, long live the Republic.
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Smoke 'em, buddy. Y'all have a safe trip, and a good time. I'll be watching the scores.

Lou asked about you. I told him you wouldn't be there next weekend. He thinks a lot of you. I also told Steve you sent him a message by me...............he guessed what it was and sent the same one back to you. wink

SRH

Sidelock
Sidelock

I seem to recall that Gregor always totes around a bottle of homemade Scotch(I do realize the definition)?

Cheers,

Raimey
rse

Sidelock
Sidelock

Not scotch but bourbon, Raimey. Several years ago at the Fall SSxS I sampled some. Later in the day I mentioned to Steve Barnett that I had tried it, said "ooh, that's some really good shit" lol.

Gregor sold Judy a bottle for a Christmas gift to me a few years ago. I agree with Steve.
JR

Last edited by John Roberts; 04/22/18 07:26 PM.

Be strong, be of good courage.
God bless America, long live the Republic.

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.