May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
2 members (AWOLF, SXS 40), 984 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,527
Posts545,847
Members14,420
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Sidelock
Sidelock

Keith, I know a pin is a screw, but I'm not a Brit. I call a screw a screw. At least you recognize Trump's thumbs are small. My are big enough to hide a top-lever screw. This whole exchange is lame, but it's kind of fun. We'll never change each other's minds. I can write something grouchy here and not even feel perturbed. I just do it to remind my many friends here that there's always another side to the story. Keep on. PS: A friend dropped by yesterday with a tee shirt for me. It has a big beer logo that says It's Mueller Time. I'll ask him to get one for you.

Bill Ferguson
Sidelock
Sidelock

Thanks Larry. I was referring to snowflakes, not soldiers.<period. Others may know different, but the snowflake usually ends up in nasty places, like philosophizing in coffee shops with internet. I thought of you a week or two back. I noticed a copy of the latest proof house book was being offered on the bay. You may be okay with or without it, but you had expressed interest in the subject every now and then. I would hope you're not implying that the education system is uniformly serving our kids well.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Craig, do you happen to like anyone who isn't just like you? I don't doubt Bill O'Reilly gags on folks who philosophize in coffee shops but just what, specifically, is wrong with that?

Bill Ferguson
Sidelock
Sidelock

I always like the way Trump supporters try to prove his morality by saying other people are more unethical. The more I listen to his supporters, the more I think of how Hitler's followers were unable to distinguish moral from immoral, right from wrong, ethical from unethical. It's a support without questioning or reasoning. They either see nothing wrong with his actions and attitudes or feel overlooking them is justified for the "greater good". To me, he is the worst president in history. He doesn't understand the difference between a ruler and a leader. He rules through a self-centered ignorance and has no understanding how the average american lives. My only hope is that he is still in office for the next presidential election so the we can say "YOUR FIRED".

Tom C

�There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.�
Aldo Leopold
Sidelock
Sidelock

OK Billy, let's say we give you the benefit of the doubt and assume for a moment that you are not lying when you say that you knew that a gun screw may also be called a pin.

Are you then actually telling us that you moved the top lever looking for the pin or screw you were advised to remove... But you weren't intelligent enough to move your thumb so you could see it???

Holy crap, that's even better than thinking you didn't know the differing terminology for a screw. You are truly the gift that keeps on giving! When craigd states that our education system is not serving all students uniformly and well, he must have been thinking of you. You must have done far worse than turn out some snowflakes Billy. I'm thinking more in terms of a blizzard or avalanche.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Tom C
.....The more I listen to his supporters, the more I think of how Hitler's followers were unable to distinguish moral from immoral, right from wrong, ethical from unethical. It's a support without questioning or reasoning. They either see nothing wrong with his actions and attitudes or feel overlooking them is justified for the "greater good". To me, he is the worst president in history....

Sheesh Tom, hitler? Seriously, did you come up with that on your own or did you pick up the concept from dem talking points, or maybe a union flyer? So, are you implying he's gonna line up dems in front of a firing squad if they don't flip to Republican? I'm questioning you, and I'd like to know factual reasons of why you compare your President to one of most brutal thugs in all of history?

Aren't you guilty of all of the quotes that I highlighted when you look the other way at all the baggage that they bring just as long as you get your dem? Do you have any thoughtful questions or factual reasoning for why you label him the 'worst' in history? Did you ever have the chance to constructively criticize the last president? Was it pc or just tradition that some things are best unsaid. The gal you wanted to be president screeched some of the foulest things a politician could, but that was okay wasn't it? To use your thought, I'm saying other people are more unethical for two reasons. First, when it comes to dems in high office, it's true, and second, using your tactic should be understandable to you even if it's disagreeable.

I have some ties to Wisconsin. I can remember a couple of years back that in many areas there were only hillery yard signs. It looked like a blow out. The day after, the Trump signs showed up, and many folks didn't realize or were afraid to admit they weren't in lock step. Even if you don't want to admit it, that's how the average American lives.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: rocky mtn bill
Craig, do you happen to like anyone who isn't just like you?...

....folks who philosophize in coffee shops but just what, specifically, is wrong with that?

Yes Bill, there are folks that I like that are not just like me. They do know though that if they want to turn the conversation in a political direction, I prefer not to roll over. As to the coffee shop dwellers, not one bit is wrong with that. It's none of my business, but in the context of the way that I brought it up, they aren't laying their lives on the line as soldiers in our great military, are they? Standard disclaimer applies, I don't believe my example is an absolute.

Sidelock
Sidelock

A general observation about our political divide, here and elsewhere. Lots of guys our age miss the 1950's. Life then suited them. The country was still small enough that each of us could do most anything we pleased. Hunting and guns were innocent pastimes and readily available to everyone. Opportunity existed for anyone (white) who wanted to work hard. We look around today and see that guns aren't necessarily benign. We see there aren't good places to hunt available to all. We see there aren't the game populations we took for granted. We see our training and job skills made obsolete. We see young whippersnappers making enormous fortunes with schemes and devices we don't understand. The changes can feel overwhelming, and one common reaction is to be just plain pissed off and filled with resentment. Politicians didn't do this to us. We did it to ourselves. We turned ourselves into varmints who verge on destroying the planet for our sole benefit. Of course quail are scarce. Fish in the oceans are scarce. In many parts of the world, some here, water is scarce. Yes, times are a-changing. Too few people are willing to see the change and face up to it. It's just so much easier to blame it all on our schools or the other political party. Meanwhile the losses just keep accumulating. Happy Earth Day to us all.

Last edited by rocky mtn bill; 04/22/18 11:39 AM.

Bill Ferguson
Sidelock
Sidelock

Well Billy, maybe you didn't see my reply to you. Maybe it was hidden under your little thumb. Or maybe, most likely, you didn't wish to see it or respond to it because it proved once again what a disingenuous fool you are. But this sort of behavior seems common among Liberals for some reason. So here it is again. And this time, I'll include the words of Blue Grouse, who gave you step by step instructions for removing the stock from a Greener. As we can see, he specifically told you that the breech pin is the one under the top lever. He even told you how to keep the top lever out of the way while you remove it.

Originally Posted By: Blue Grouse

Fourth step is to remove the breech pin (the one under the top lever). This is made easier by inserting something into the slot that accommodates the cross bolt which then holds the top lever out of the way while you remove the pin.
There is usually no hand pin on Greener actions so there is one less thing to remove.

Then we had your replies Billy, along with further explanation from Blue Grouse telling you that the pin is a screw:

Blue Grouse, Thank you for your detailed reply. I'm still puzzled though because there is no pin beneath the top lever.

Originally Posted By: Blue Grouse
Hi Bill,
Well, I am at a total loss if there is no breech pin!
The normal configuration is for the breech pin (this is the largest screw in the gun) to go through the top tang and into a pillar which is integral with the trigger plate. This is the only pin that goes through the stock and essentially clamps the stock between the top tang and the trigger plate.

Blue Grouse, It's a little embarrassing but funny,too, to report that I saw no top lever screw because when I pushed the lever over, my thumb covered it up. Having found the obvious, I should be able to proceed. Thanks again for some real help.

Blue Grouse did not reply... probably because he was overwhelmed by your stupidity and the idea that anyone would believe your explanation for not seeing the screw.

OK Billy, let's say we give you the benefit of the doubt and assume for a moment that you are not lying when you say that you knew that a gun screw may also be called a pin.

Are you then actually telling us that you moved the top lever looking for the pin or screw you were advised to remove... But you weren't intelligent enough to move your thumb so you could see it???

Holy crap, that's even better than thinking you didn't know the differing terminology for a screw. You are truly the gift that keeps on giving! When craigd states that our education system is not serving all students uniformly and well, he must have been thinking of you. You must have done far worse than turn out some snowflakes Billy. I'm thinking more in terms of a blizzard or avalanche.

The Thread Where Billy Shows His I.Q.

Edit: Note to craigd... I think you may come to learn that Tom C. was one of rocky mtn bill's star snowflakes in high school. Did you catch Tom's last words where he said this:

Originally Posted By: Tom C
My only hope is that he is still in office for the next presidential election so the we can say "YOUR FIRED".

Do any of these Libtards know the difference between "YOU'RE" and "YOUR"? It almost seems as if they all have the same missing chromosome or something.

Last edited by keith; 04/22/18 12:26 PM.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

A general observation about our political divide....

....We look around today and see that guns aren't necessarily benign....

....changes can feel overwhelming, and one common reaction is to be just plain pissed off and filled with resentment.....

....Too few people are willing to see the change and face up to it. It's just so much easier to blame it all on our schools or the other political party. Meanwhile the losses just keep accumulating....

Me, pissed off and resentful? I think you were explaining about how you feel, didn't I just mention I'd rather not roll over?

If it's not YOUR political party and your tacit approval of what's being force fed to our kids, honestly, please?, what else would make you state that 'guns aren't necessarily benign'? Flat out, you're calling for gun control because I'm too dumb to 'face up to change'? I have memories of my good ole days, but why should I accept the change of a law enforcement pc tier system, because a lefty says something is not necessarily benign, likely a living, breathing, evolving thing.

Jeez, now in the context that you feel a sense of unfairness from whippersnappers, what make you confident that imposing restrictive laws and regulations on everyone that will abide by them. Hang on, I have to come up for air. What mechanism do you have that will make criminals abide by new laws, if we can point to a factual history that they will not abide by current laws? What is in your dna and formative years that prevents you from wanting crime tackled, instead of dreaming utopian? You're an earther, what kind of vehicle do you drive?

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.