April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (Jimmy W, Ken Nelson, Marks_21, Kolar Dickson, graybeardtmm3, 1 invisible), 254 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,463
Posts545,036
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#511849 04/19/18 12:01 PM
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Starting 4/1/18 Medicare will start a
> year-long project to replace all current Medicare cards for
> beneficiaries to convert to alphanumeric ID numbers.
> Currently the ID number is your social security number. This
> is starting to hit the media. Scammers are
> opportunistic:First of all, the new Medicare card
> will come to you in the mail. You don't need to request
> it or do anything. It will show up.
WHAT'S THE SCAM? Somebody from "MEDICARE "
> will call to tell you that you are getting a new Medicare card.
> But until it comes you will need a temporary card. Fee for
> the card is between $5-50 dollars. They want personal
> information, bank account or credit card so they can process
> your temporary card.
THINGS TO REMEMBER:Medicare will never call you unless
> you ask them to. Medicare does all communications by
> mail unless you ask them to call.
> HOW TO PROTECT YOURSELF FROM THIS ONE?
First of all, spread the word. Feel
> free to share these notes.Use your answering machine to screen
> calls or just don't even answer a number you don't
> recognize.If it has already happened to you or
> to your friends or loved ones and personal info has been
> given out (happens considerably more often than you think)
> immediately take action to protect yourself against identity
> theft.
pass it on

Last edited by Wonko the Sane; 04/19/18 12:02 PM.

Dr.WtS
Mysteries of the Cosmos Unlocked
available by subscription
Sidelock
Sidelock

Wonko, Thanks for this notice. Given the average age of members here, lots of us need to know this.

Bill Ferguson
Sidelock
Sidelock

This decision to remove sensitive personal information from Medicare Cards should do a lot to prevent upwards of 20 million illegal aliens and other criminals from engaging in Medicare Fraud, identity theft, and theft of medical services.

It's nice to see that Dr. Wanker and rocky mtn bill are finally beginning to appreciate the positive things that are happening as a result of Donald trump being elected. Making America Great Again... after the Liberal Democrat disaster!

Trump is good for preserving our 2nd Amendment too... to get this off topic subject at least a teeny bit shotgun oriented.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: keith

It's nice to see that Dr. Wanker and rocky mtn bill are finally beginning to appreciate the positive things that are happening as a result of Donald trump being elected. Making America Great Again... after the Liberal Democrat disaster!

'He 's now president for life. President for life (referring to Chinese leader). No, he's great. And look, he was able to do that. I think it's great. Maybe we'll have to give that a shot some day.'

Sidelock
Sidelock

My hope for Trump is that the worse it gets, the sooner it will end.He is an embarrassment and a jerk. He isn't fit to polish Obama's shoes.

Bill Ferguson
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: rocky mtn bill
....He isn't fit to polish Obama's shoes.

Well Bill, I hope that you consider yourself a bit more than just fit to do menial tasks for your idol.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Keith, Do you actually believe that Trump had any thing to do with the notice that Wonko drew attention to? Trump can't even pay attention to his daily briefings let alone some minor detail about Medicare. Craig, I have no need to do even menial tasks for Obama. He's not President now, just in case you hadn't noted. A question: why would you post such a stupid comment? Perhaps because you don't know any better than to vote for a caricature of a President.

Last edited by rocky mtn bill; 04/20/18 05:55 PM.

Bill Ferguson
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: rocky mtn bill
....Trump can't even pay attention to his daily briefings let alone some minor detail about Medicare. Craig, I have no need to do even menial tasks for Obama. He's not President now, just in case you hadn't noted. A question: why would you post such a stupid comment? Perhaps because you don't know any better than to vote foe a caricature of a President.

Me? Stupid comment?

You gotta admit, at least I made a half baked effort at snipping off the worst of your comments, well the first time anyway. I know exactly how you feel, it just surprises me knowing that you come from the forum cop/moderator point of view.

If I were voting for a caricature, barak would'a had my vote three times. But, I vote, and never miss one, based on the issues. I'm proud to say I vote in your best interest, regardless of your level of appreciation. You're not worthy of that Trump in '20 sticker on your volt. Ooops, the President is playing me and I'm losing the struggle.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Craig, I'm curious to know what a forum cop/moderator might be. Please explain to an old man who doesn't spend time on right wing talk show palaver. I still haven't figured out what a snowflake is.

Bill Ferguson
Sidelock
Sidelock

Bill, a snowflake is when you take an all American, red, white and blue blue boy and run him through our education system. He comes out the other end pissing and moaning about how he thinks he's girl and might break a nail.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.