May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 213 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,538
Posts546,036
Members14,420
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 17 of 20 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 20
2-piper #510064 03/30/18 07:12 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Sorry you see it that way, Miller. I understand what both sides of the controversy believe. Division is common in all human activity, churches, within political parties, service clubs etc, all part of the human condition.

I am neither liar or ignorant. It would be instructive if you show this board, where you've made the accusations that I lied---which is something I've said knowing it not to be true. Something you don't agree with isn't always a lie.

Canadians can't butt out of US politics because we're joined at the hip economically, socially and militarily with your country. We're the major market for 38 states, enmeshed with your military, accommodating your culture.

You've as much right to be growly about your national affairs---and ours---as
I have to make observations about yours. Common decency and plain-old neighbourliness does not permit me to say shut your mouth.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
Division is common in all human activity, churches, within political parties, service clubs etc, all part of the human condition.

That human condition is the crying shame here. It is due to only one thing & it is that some would rather believe a lie than the truth.
There is only ever one other like Peter said & that other is the opposite.
Truth - lies
Light - dark
Righteousness - corruption
A little leaven leavens the whole lump. Now that is pretty black & white for a statement.
Who said that ?
Same fella who said "you are either for me or against me"
This actually gives us no wriggle room to argue.
One is right & the other is left.
Not just a little bit pregnant.
O.M

Sidelock
Sidelock

I can see Mr. Brown that I am wasting my time with you. You simply refuse to accept facts. You are like those tax protestors who claim that the income tax is unconstitutional. Despite numerous Supreme Court cases to the contrary, they just won't accept it. Oh, they have lots of convoluted arguments. Doesn't change the reality.

In the American system, the only Court that really counts when it comes to ruling on the Constitution is the Supreme Court. That millions of individuals and some other jurisdictions think the Supreme Court ruled wrongly is really not relevant.

I expect some states will introduce new laws in the wake of the recent schools shootings. Some of them, if not all, will be challenged in court. If there is federal jurisdiction, those cases will first be ruled on at the District Court level and then at the Circuit Court level. And then the Supreme Court will either grant cert. and rule on some of those cases or they won't. While that is all happening, the rulings in McDonald and Heller remain the law of the land. That you and other liberals wish it were otherwise does not make it so.

Nothing the government gives you is free.
Goillini #510073 03/30/18 08:50 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

For all that, could it be that it's not a left-right, conservative-liberal issue? Constitutions and Amendments seem as dependant on the practise, the spirit and temperament of citizens as much as the rule.

Two state governors in gun-friendly Vermont and Florida, both Republicans with NRA support way up in the 90s, are legislating today on gun control: ages, background checks, bump stocks, seizing firearms where domestic violence.

As the Republican president has said, enough is enough, the violence has got to stop. As you say, it comes down to jurisdictions where the Supreme Court and others will rule on the law, the Second interpreted one way or another.

That Florida and Vermont governors have changed their positions because of state and national blowback should not make them liberals. They're responding to their citizens, conservative and liberal. Agree?

Canada has a federal gun law.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Politicians are concerned primarily with getting re-elected. Too many of them just blow with the wind. They are responding to a loud minority of the population who are exploiting a tragedy to advance their political aims.

Increasing the age, more background checks, outlawing bump stocks, etc. will have little effect on shootings. Criminals, by definition, do not worry about complying with such things. The city of Chicago has very restrictive gun laws yet it still have a high rate of shootings.

Who is responsible for the most recent shooting? Not the NRA. It is the shooter himself. The various law enforcement agencies who had the chance to do something about the shooter, but didn't, also bear some responsibility. Why aren't we hearing anything more about the Sheriff of Broward County and the failures of his department? Could it be that he is a prominent Democrat, as are most of the main stream media in the US?

A guy running for sheriff in a county in North Carolina made a "joke" the other day about being willing to kill people in order to confiscate their guns. That is where we are headed if the left gets its way.

Nothing the government gives you is free.
Goillini #510079 03/30/18 09:45 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Goillini

A guy running for sheriff in a county in North Carolina made a "joke" the other day about being willing to kill people in order to confiscate their guns. That is where we are headed if the left gets its way.

Yes, fact that there was laughter heard from the crowd after the remark was made is deeply disturbing.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Jagermeister
Originally Posted By: Goillini

Yes, fact that there was laughter heard from the crowd after the remark was made is deeply disturbing.

Wonder if he’s willing to die?

Sidelock
Sidelock

I see you weren't able to refute your latest lie about the NRA changing it's position over time concerning the meaning of the 2nd Amendment, King. The NRA had to change priorities in response to anti-gunners like you, but they never believed that the right to keep and bear arms was limited to some defunct militia.

Miller was absolutely right to call you a liar and to admonish you for continuing to preach your false dogma here in your eternal quest to advance your false narrative, which you call opinion. And your lie about never seeing any anti-gun sentiment here is evident to all but the most sociopathic mentally ill.

But you still maintain that you do not lie. Amazing!

I may have erred by confusing the Catholic clerics who converted your father by referring to them as Jesuits rather than members of the Antigonish movement. But I am still throwing the bullshit flag on your contention that they baptized him knowing he did not believe in the resurrection of Jesus. The resurrection is the one and only, most basic tenet of Catholicism and Christianity. You are suggesting he joined up to worship a mere mortal and an imposter who lied about being God's son. Then you compounded that bullshit by telling us that those Priests don't believe it either, and another group of Catholic Priests you met here in the States also told you in unison that they also do not believe in the resurrection of Jesus.

And you accuse me of dishonoring him. You take deception to levels that most of us find inconceivable. I've caught you in too many lies to fall for this unadulterated bullshit.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Never forget the right to keep & bear arms is not dependant on the 2nd amendment. In fact the writer of the "Bill of Rights" was opposed to them. He felt that by adding them to the constitution wold lead later to people thinking if anything was not included in these rights they would automatically be assumed to Not be a Right. Noe people are even trying to claim those things mentioned in the Bill of Rights are Not Binding. The constitution itself, minus the Bill of Rights does not give the authority to disarm the People.thus it was already unconstitutional.

There is no problem in finding the history of the NRA, just do a search on it. It was founded for the sole purpose of encouraging Civilian Marksmanship. It was founded during the term of U S Grant as President of the USA. It was in fact founded by several retired Union Officers who had served under Grant. These men realized that even though they outnumbered, were better fed, better equipped, & better armed it took 4 long hard years of fighting with the cost of many lives to subdue us Pore Rebels. They recognized that in spite of all the advantages they held they had simply been Out Shot & out fought. They accredited this to the fact that Southerners were for the most part more familiar with handling & firing guns on a regular basis. The NRA was formed to Correct this fault. As Keith stated they did not truly become involved in the political side until after passage of the '68 Gun Control act. This in fact was when I became a life member.

In spite of their "Yankee" Background they have very strong support throughout the South today, in spite of alienating many members 2-3 years ago. They did this by refusing the Sons of Confederate Veterans their desire to place an Ad in the Rifleman magazine. It was extremely hard for me to Swallow that they would take this stand. The SCV is "Not" a hate organization nor do we condone "Slavery". We abhor the fact that the "Flag" has been misused in the committing of some crimes, but one also has to remember the US flag has been likewise abused. In fact I believe the US flag was present at the Crime of trying to destroy an abortion clinic in Atlanta GA. I am personally opposed to all the "Murder" of innocent Children but this was not the proper solution. These have accounted for many more lives lost than all the mass shootings or any other firearms deaths. Yet the same politicians & courts who are now trying to strip us of our constitution rights have "Added" this as a Right. Nothing in our Constitution give one the right to Murder another & the unborn has "life".

People simply need to get their heads on straight. I will not get into Religion here, but there is simply two choices, one simply Obeys God or doesn't.

God will be the "JUDGE" of this, it is in no Human Hands & will be "Just".

Miller/TN
I Didn't Say Everything I Said, Yogi Berra
2-piper #510113 03/31/18 09:57 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

God judging or not---faith is believing in absence of evidence---I believe being "good" to get to paradise as a reward will leave me where I am.

Similarly with NRA---and resurrection celebrations tomorrow---it's important to reflect on ever-present change and consequences of schisms in the great Abrahamaic religions.

Protestants and Catholics and Jews, Bible and Talmud and Torah, strive toward and teach love while theologians note scripture and doctrine accommodates things that could not have happened.

We speak of Abraham the father and Moses the teacher while distinguished theologians say there's no evidence that either existed. It shouldn't matter because Jesus and other great religious leaders preached universal love.

On those grounds my father, a rescuer of Jews in Russia during the cold war who lived an exemplary life promoting ecumenism, with trees growing in his name in Israel, was accepted into a Catholic community preaching ecumenism.

Yes, Miller, let God judge me, my father and his Catholic arbiters, not a boorish man in Pennsylvania.

Page 17 of 20 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 20

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.