March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (SKB, skeettx, LRF, Lawrence Kotchek, Karl Graebner, canvasback), 880 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,009
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
GLS Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

One huge difference between GB and Ebay; there is no PayPal equivalent usable on GB (that I am aware of). Gil

Sidelock
Sidelock

brian.
interesting you say that.
back in 2011, i answered a gb forum posters observation to the very same topic youre mentioning. and just for being part of the topic, the dork admin captfun banished me from the forum AND disolved my sellers account without warning. i was one of the founding members back when it was called (for the hunt,)with 12 years senority and 600 deals. nice, huh?
but the fact still remains....gb has gotten too big for its britches and forgot the little guys who helped build their empire and now cow tawe to dealers.
dealers inflated gun values to pay for their overheads.
in doing this, they have created a fake market of false values.
little guys get greedy, and try the same game, flooding the website with over priced junk.
to this day, i will not shop or even look at gb.
i refer to it as...gunBROKEN .com
and from what has been posted about the latest gb changes, it is indeed obvious that its following in ebays footsteps.
i got thrown off for mentioning the truth.
love it!
with that said, there is a auction site still left that deals old school old fashioned, no stupid rules. come on over to www.gunauction.com and breathe some new air into an old website. its been around way before gunbroken and is run by a retired navy veteran. he has had my support since 1999. join us.

Retired Military Aviation
Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
https://606f79f3c2431.site123.me/
Sidelock
Sidelock

The latest GB policy changes and fee increases is a guarantee that I will never return to Gunbroker to sell. But, I had already stopped selling on GB mainly due to the "flea market" mentality of buyers. I have observed that with selling on GB vs GI, you will most likely make out better on GI. I just recently observed another sale of a Fox A grade 20 gauge on a penny auction stall out at $4580 (minus the $115.75 selling fee), but at about the same time on GI, two similar Fox A grade guns in 16 gauge sold for $900 & $1100 higher, all three very close in condition to each other. This is not the first time I have seen this happen. And then on top of that I only pay $12 to list my gun for sale on GI. To be realistic though, I do expect all good features of GI to some day come to an end, like they all seem to do.

Last edited by SxS Only; 03/17/18 08:05 PM.
SKB Online Content
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

I needed to launch a new website anyway and the changes at GB were the motivation I needed. New site, lots of pictures next week. That and GI and I should be fine.

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
Sidelock
Sidelock

FYI, i just got a message from gunbroker about reserve auctions and the fees for auctions with reserves changing april 30.

They said that several of my listings had reserve prices. When NONE of mine have actual reserves. I realized they are even considering higher start prices (though not unrealistic) as reserves. They are telling to rather list them as fixed price vs an auction.

I personally lost my items at the minimum that i want to sell them at, and usually they are also reasonable prices for the items. Not inflated prices. There is still room for bidders to get involved and drive the price up.

I would really like to know, from gunbroker, at what point is a start price not a considered a reserve price??? I find it hard to beleive that everyone is going to be willing to just list their stuff at a dollar and risk loosing their butt.

B.Dudley
Sidelock
Sidelock

Gunbroker more and more has come to resemble a cheap flea market.......

Sidelock
Sidelock

As a potential buyer I really enjoy GB. It seems to be the place where grandma's double which has been sitting in a closet for 60 years might show up. Over the years I've picked up a number of very nice guns there. GI is more dealer oriented and while I'm there every day looking at new listings I have only bought one or two in a dozen years.

When an old man dies a library burns to the ground. (Old African proverb)
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Joe Wood
As a potential buyer I really enjoy GB. It seems to be the place where grandma's double which has been sitting in a closet for 60 years might show up. Over the years I've picked up a number of very nice guns there. GI is more dealer oriented and while I'm there every day looking at new listings I have only bought one or two in a dozen years.

Good point. I was probably too harsh with my previous Post.

That said IMO the quality of listings has steadily gone downhill on GB over the last couple of years and more and more junk has appeared.

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.