March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
12 members (eeb, earlyriser, Hammergun, ChiefAmungum, 2 invisible), 376 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,373
Posts543,987
Members14,389
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Sidelock
Sidelock

So when I list the occasional gun on GB, I will then figure shipping + insurance + 20% and add that to the price of the gun listed and advertise straight up price to the buyer. USPS, UPS and FedEx all have insurance schedules we can use. If we figure weight of gun + packaging we get shipping weight and can figure that cost too. We don't have to take a hit.

Mike Koneski

MOLON LABE
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Mike of the Mountain
So when I list the occasional gun on GB, I will then figure shipping + insurance + 20% and add that to the price of the gun listed and advertise straight up price to the buyer. USPS, UPS and FedEx all have insurance schedules we can use. If we figure weight of gun + packaging we get shipping weight and can figure that cost too. We don't have to take a hit.

No wonder there's a glut of overpriced guns on GB.

Wild Skies
Since 1951
Brian Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Ok, got it. wasn't quite sure!!

Brian
LTC, USA Ret.
NRA Patron Member
AHFGCA Life Member
USPSA Life Member

Brian Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Recoil Rob
Nowhere does GB mandate credit cards. They will be offering a reduced fee structure to those that do accept them but you can still utilize other payments.

They don't but they make enticements (you get lower costs) to get you
to take them. Of course they have vendors who they get a cut from. again its all about Gunbroker developing new income streams at the expense of the sellers.

Brian
LTC, USA Ret.
NRA Patron Member
AHFGCA Life Member
USPSA Life Member

Sidelock
Sidelock

Hopefully, this will cut down on the sellers with overpriced items that just sit and sit.

I do feel sorry for the sellers having to adjust to these new rules

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Joe Wood
It's really going to change the marketing plan for one Kansas dealer who has had some doubles listed for at least ten years. As a buyer I'm looking forward to a cleaned up site.

As I was reading this thread I was thinking the same exact thing regarding that dealer.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Wild Skies
Originally Posted By: Mike of the Mountain

No wonder there's a glut of overpriced guns on GB.

Really? So the few times I sell a gun on GB I am supposed to take a 20% hit on the shipping/insurance? If you think that will contribute to a glut of overpriced guns on that site then me thinks you had a few too many adult beverages. I don't know any successful business that eats costs like that.

Mike Koneski

MOLON LABE
Sidelock
Sidelock

I keep seeing 20% being kicked around. So are you saying that on a $2500 gun sale I will pay $500? Something doesn't sound right.

Last edited by Ghostrider; 03/15/18 10:40 PM. Reason: Sp
cpa Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

That's because it isn't 20%. Following is GB's fee schedule not including any optional services.

Final Value Final Value Fee*
$0 – $250 6.0% of the final value
Over $250 6.0% of the first $250 ($15.00), plus 3.5% of the remaining value

For comparison, my all-in costs for selling on EBay including PayPal fees is approx. 10% - not 20% as an earlier poster stated.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Yes, that Kansas dealer had some rather overpriced guns. GB has been very unhelpful the last few times I've had to contact them as a seller, and this is the second rate hike lately. I spoke with the owner of Gunsinternational at the Dallas SCI convention, his site is looking better and better to me for selling, but as a buyer some of these changes are for the better

NRA Patron Life Member
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.