April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
3 members (GETTEMANS, Hugh Lomas, Marks_21), 415 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,466
Posts545,090
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Sidelock
Sidelock

I have a pair of O/U's from the 1960's bought in Taiwan, one is a Nikko and one is a Winchester, you can not tell the difference until you turn them over and read the name, everything is exactly the same. I haven't drug one out to compare to your picture but the trigger on your shotgun looks different than a 101.

Yours is a beautiful looking shotgun.

To get from getting Superposed eyes with an O/U you need to use a "Gangster Twist" while shooting them

Last edited by oskar; 02/14/18 12:17 PM.

After the first shot the rest are just noise.
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

The grip area for surprise fits to my hands perfectly. I guess we had the same size with the gunsmith i bought it from.

Thank you oskar, i really like it too. Whats the quality of the materials used in these guns? Can they stand wear and tear? Looking from the outside the metal to metal fit and the quality of the receiver seems fine. I wonder how inside is, i havent got the time to disassemble it yet. Also what loads do you recommend for me to use especially for driven game?

Best

Kem

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

And also, is there any reference to serial numbers which can identify the date gun was built? Serial number is K421220

Sidelock
Sidelock

Well, I think they are well made. The Nikko marked one was my trap gun and the first few years of life it lived on a diet of 1 1/4oz NP 7's shooting international trap, it now has a little over 250,000 shells through it and it still won't close on a piece of computer paper, I had it rechoked for shooting live birds at hunt test and now I use it for SC. I had to put a set of firing pins in it early on as one of them got a chip off the tip and I replace both right away. I did replace the wood about 20 yrs ago as the reciever was starting to pound it's way into the head of the stock.

The other was my skeet gun and while it doesn't have as many shells through it as the Nikko it has never had any work done to it in 50 yrs.

After the first shot the rest are just noise.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Contact Chris Showler at Double Eagle Trading in Nevada for just about anything you need to know about Nikko shotguns.

cshowler@gmail.com
Phone 775-882-9739

I don't know if he still has his own website, but he lists a lot of guns on Doublegunshop.com at
http://www.doublegunshop.com/showler.htm

Nikko is the brand name for Win 101s marketed out of the U.S., and a lot of the parts are interchangeable. When I needed a new butt stock for one of my 101s, Chris sent me a Nikko stock and it was a perfect fit. The subject gun is marked "Special," so may not be a standard production version. Probably similar to Miroku's practice of having a bunch of "standard" models, but there are always odd or special versions that pop up.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.