May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
9 members (gil russell, eightbore, KDGJ, Fudd, Jtplumb, 1 invisible), 239 guests, and 7 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,493
Posts545,329
Members14,410
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Sidelock
Sidelock

yager miester needs to go back to ungO'slavia or wherest ever he cOme from.

Nothing worse than an internet phony er yeiger.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Stan;
Yes that is my understanding also. When I get to feeling more like it will have to dig back through some of my Nash books, but I seem to distinctly remember that when his friends had #2 built for him it was built with a single trigger, which he did not particularly like.

While true he could shoot just about any gun well I got the distinct impression he "Liked" two triggers on his "Duck Gun".

Miller/TN
I Didn't Say Everything I Said, Yogi Berra
Sidelock
Sidelock

So do I, Miller, but I've killed more ducks with my old 30" BSS, with single trigger, than any other gun I've ever owned. I've shot heavy 3" loads through it so much that I had to shim the hook last year.

The thing about the kind of duck hunting I do is that most of it is at close to moderate distances. I don't need two different chokes, preferring both to be tight. I don't have to be concerned about which trigger to pull because both barrels are choked .018". To borrow a line from Phil Robertson, "I need my duck gun to do two things .............Bang! - Bang! ". (Phil said "three").

When I hunt fields, from blinds, and get the opportunity for longer shots I much prefer something like my HE Fox, which, by the way, is choked the same in both barrels, too, but much, much tighter.

Best, SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Stan
So do I, Miller, but I've killed more ducks with my old 30" BSS, with single trigger, than any other gun I've ever owned. I've shot heavy 3" loads through it so much that I had to shim the hook last year.

The thing about the kind of duck hunting I do is that most of it is at close to moderate distances. I don't need two different chokes, preferring both to be tight. I don't have to be concerned about which trigger to pull because both barrels are choked .018". To borrow a line from Phil Robertson, "I need my duck gun to do two things .............Bang! - Bang! ". (Phil said "three").

When I hunt fields, from blinds, and get the opportunity for longer shots I much prefer something like my HE Fox, which, by the way, is choked the same in both barrels, too, but much, much tighter.

Best, SRH

The BSS was first quality double I owned. The single non-selective trigger was very reliable mechanical unit. The single non-selective trigger makes a lot of sense especially when one hunts in cold environment where gloves must be worn. The action of BSS is very strong as proven by fact that Searcy used it to make some early doubles in kal. .45-70.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: keith
Jagermeister, you will never own a Model 21, so it would be impossible for you to change the original condition of one, other than by water-logging the stock by drooling on it at Cabelas.

You still don't own any doubles, do you? That's a shame. How do you deal with envy and desire for guns you want, but can't have? Are you consoled by your toy stuffed animals?

Dziadu, no reason to get upset. I'm trying to say the right Model 21 is good investment and prices will remain strong for long time to come.

Sidelock
Sidelock

What is a dziadu Jagermeister? Is it something Polish like those kishkas you used to steal back in the old country?

I'm not at all upset. Of course, I don't have to be like you and go through life pretending to be an expert on guns that I will never own and never have any actual experience with.

Do you think this place was more fun when you had people fooled?

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: keith
What is a dziadu Jagermeister? Is it something Polish like those kishkas you used to steal back in the old country?

I'm not at all upset. Of course, I don't have to be like you and go through life pretending to be an expert on guns that I will never own and never have any actual experience with.

Do you think this place was more fun when you had people fooled?

Dzadu, do you know who will help protect your gun right in USA? The answer is responsible gun owners you call FUDDs.

Sidelock
Sidelock

That shows just how idiotic you really are Jagermeister. You FUDD's and supporters of Liberal Left 100% anti-gun Democrat politicians are paving the way for more restrictions on the rights of law abiding gun owners.

Saying that FUDD's like you and King Brown will help to protect our gun rights is like saying a colony of termites will protect a wood framed house.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Yager miester needs to go back to ungO'slavia or wherest he cOme from and take hiz FUDD with'um..

Nothing worse than an internet phony....er yeiger.

Tyler Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Did not kill many ducks, they were already paired up and headed north. It was a great time and may make it an annunal event. My friend grabbed Mike's gun (super fox) and dropped two big Canada's that came in at the end of the hunt.
BTW, spoke to Galazan, they will swap one trigger for two on my 21 duck for the low price of $6200. I believe it will remain a single trigger gun. Maybe I can put chokes in it and use it for clays.
Thansk for all your help.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.