May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
3 members (3 invisible), 712 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,506
Posts545,615
Members14,419
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12
Sidelock
Sidelock

You took classified documents home, Larry?

Story about the maid sounds like an episode of I Dream of Jeannie.

Argo44 Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Sirs and Fellow Double Gun Devotees. I’ve translated the missive I first posted. I was in Charles De Gaulle…waiting 7 hours for a flight and groggy from being awake for 20 hours already; and when that appeared on my google search, I immediately deleted it….did not click - don’t trust such messages. But it is not a Fench government post - rather it's a message from Google about privacy and looks to be an effort to protect the company from EU lawsuits. EU has targeted a number of US high-tech firms for legal actions which looks to be Brussels high-handedness (EU suites against Apple, Amazon, etc. all coming out of an unelected central bureaucracy in Brussels).

Anyway, I apologize for starting this line - it just gave an opportunity for Drunks-in-a-Bar - those guys with slurred voices and opinions about everything - to spout their unwanted and unread political rants and to indulge in vicious personal attacks against fellow free-Americans on a site devoted to sport and mechanical engineering. We live in a free country posting on an unmoderated free board which means (I guess) it's self-policed and relies on self restraint. Unfortunately it's degenerated to a point where one can vomit garbage whenever one wants - doesn't mean it's worth a tinker's damn and this baloney isn't. It must be too cold outside to hunt. Again my apologies for opening Pandora’s Box.

Translation:

Google……………….France

Before continuing;
In conformance with legislation relating to he protection of the users, we are asking you to take a few minutes to look over the principle aspects of our regulations on confidentiality. We have not modified them, and are adding this simply to allow you to familiarize yourself with these regulation.

You must complete this operation in order to continue to us Google services.

——-

Google……………….France

Reviewing the Confidentiality laws of Google.

Things that happen when you use Google services:

— The for example you search a restaurant on Google maps or look at a video on YouTube, we note the information relating to this activity, such as the video that you have looked at, identifying your computer, IP address, your cookies or your location.

— We also note the the of information mentioned above when you use application where you consult some sites using the services of Google, such as news, Google Analytics or the teaching videos on YouTube.

Why to we take note of this?

We note these particulars for reasons described in our regulations, notably the following:

to permit us to propose to you some sites/information useful to and personalized for you such as some results of research of the pertinent topics.
To improve the quality of our services and to develop new services.
To propose some announcements corresponding to your centers of interest and understand the basic searches that you have made or videos that yo’ve look at on YouTube.
To reinforce the security to better protect you against fraud and abuse.
To effect some analysis and take some measures in order to understand how our services are used.

Combining source data of the user.

We compile as well source information called up on our services and on your computers as previously described. For example, we effectively use the billions of searches to develop models to correct orthography used by the whole group of our sevices. We commit also the personal information in order to alert all users in the case of security risks

Discover how Goole uses personal information in order to offer a better user experience (^)

Finally if you connect to your google account before accepting these regulations of confidentiality, we will remember you choice so that all the navigators and the computers which you use will be connected.

Other Options…………………I ACCEPT

Last edited by Argo44; 01/22/18 12:06 PM.

Baluch are not Brahui, Brahui are Baluch
Sidelock
Sidelock

Argo

You and Larry in a bar together would be a hoot!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: L. Brown
....Ah yes . . . my illiterate maid was a spy and read all the classified documents I regularly took home and reported to . . . whom? The Russians? We did quite a bit of work WITH the Moroccan govt....

....Funny story about the maid....
...."But Fatima," says my wife, "you can't write!" "That's OK, madame," replies Fatima....

One would wonder, if someone, under you, showed up for work one day with one of those documents under their arm, do you laugh it off because it's funny?

After the smok'in-n-jok'in settles down, would you at least say, make sure you have vlad, our illiterate Moroccan file boy, put that away in our xerox room before he disappears on his routine three hour lunch in the crowded street market?

That reminds me of the hill-n-huma story that hill told on tv about using wipies on her computers and hammers on her phones. Of course, it's just a funny story from the good ole days as head of all embassies. She didn't have to tell it, but she got a good laugh out of it, eh?

Sidelock
Sidelock

France is a nanny state, seemingly overly protective of its citizens, as so many other countries with high standards of living, particularly superior health and education systems, and publics willing to pay for them.

For all that, I was surprised 10 or 12 years ago when a major Canadian private family corporation, world leader McCains, said France was the best of the 42 countries they do business with: slow, bureaucratic but ethical.

Miller, I admire persons of faith, either way. Christians, Jews and Muslims abide generally by their holy books. Heretics thrive among Catholics and Protestants, Shias and Sunnis etc by reading The Word differently for their purposes.

There’s a lot of similarity within the three Abrahamic religions. As in many Jewish texts, the Qu’ran recognizes Jesus as a prophet but not His divinity because---according to some scholars ---it would be a renunciation of monotheism.

The Qu’ran mentions the flood and the aborted sacrifice of Abraham’s son (although he’s not given a name) and, perhaps more germane to our discussion, nowhere does the Qu’ran refer to jihad in the sense of holy war or a legal system called sharia.

Muslim terrorism casualties are less than a gnat’s eyelash compared to those of colonization and “regime change“ of British, French, Portuguese, Spanish and American empires now all in decline, and the West has given up on having kids.

So, yes, by democratic means Muslims may have sovereignty, doing as they do in my province, working hard as community leaders, where Arabic is the second language in the capital of Halifax, the last time I looked. We’re proud of them.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Argo, Larry and King walk into a bar. The bartender says...

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
....Muslim terrorism casualties are less than a gnat’s eyelash compared to those of colonization and “regime change“ of British, French, Portuguese, Spanish and American empires now all in decline, and the West has given up on having kids.

So, yes, by democratic means Muslims may have sovereignty, doing as they do in my province....

Since we can justify just about anything, are you working on the free hunting licenses with complimentary room and board? I have a dream about the members of the non Canadian Sovereign Hunter's Association having gassed up Suburbans waiting at the airport with the keys under the drivers side floor mat and piping hot coffee in a thermos.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Don’t forget the Tim’s, King!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
France is a nanny state, seemingly overly protective of its citizens, as so many other countries with high standards of living, particularly superior health and education systems, and publics willing to pay for them.

For all that, I was surprised 10 or 12 years ago when a major Canadian private family corporation, world leader McCains, said France was the best of the 42 countries they do business with: slow, bureaucratic but ethical.

Miller, I admire persons of faith, either way. Christians, Jews and Muslims abide generally by their holy books. Heretics thrive among Catholics and Protestants, Shias and Sunnis etc by reading The Word differently for their purposes.

There’s a lot of similarity within the three Abrahamic religions. As in many Jewish texts, the Qu’ran recognizes Jesus as a prophet but not His divinity because---according to some scholars ---it would be a renunciation of monotheism.

The Qu’ran mentions the flood and the aborted sacrifice of Abraham’s son (although he’s not given a name) and, perhaps more germane to our discussion, nowhere does the Qu’ran refer to jihad in the sense of holy war or a legal system called sharia.

Muslim terrorism casualties are less than a gnat’s eyelash compared to those of colonization and “regime change“ of British, French, Portuguese, Spanish and American empires now all in decline, and the West has given up on having kids.

So, yes, by democratic means Muslims may have sovereignty, doing as they do in my province, working hard as community leaders, where Arabic is the second language in the capital of Halifax, the last time I looked. We’re proud of them.

Where to begin....

First King, the problem IS that Muslims are abiding generally by their holy book. That, in a nutshell, is the problem. Because their holy book and their prophet are both rather specific about what they are supposed to do with us infidels.

And secondly, it is disingenuous to compare the behavior of colonizing Christians over the last 450 years with Islamic terrorists' killing over the last 30-40.

How about we compare outward Islamic aggression against non Islamic cultures since 800 AD and the same for Christians. Forgetting the Islamic aggression towards Europe, unprovoked Islamic genocide against Hindus on the Indian subcontinent over the last 900 years makes everything else pale in comparison.

Additionally, the Christian Reformation and then the Enlightenment set Christians on a path of denouncing their past excesses and, said in a more modern vernacular, cleaning up our act. Muslims are centuries away from that kind of thinking. And those Muslims that do, do so because of the example of Western Christian morality.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

There's lots for good discussion there, James. All three Peoples of the Book also haven't rid themselves of their declared misogyny evidenced by women's demonstrations currently around the world, or of their need to destroy those who take up arms against One God. Christian morality has nothing to brag about there.

The holy books are much of their times. Not so long ago the Roman Catholic church was being called "the most criminal organization in the world" for its abuse of children, and still is, and South American churches were being burned to the ground during the Pope's current visit by faithful parishioners.

I'd be the last one to say any religion is superior to another, or possessing all truths in matters of faith according to scripture, James. Failing to follow Christ's injunction to love by condemnation of all Muslims seems sinful to me. We've enough defilers of our own to be picking on them.

Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.