March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
2 members (NZHunter, SKB), 296 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,373
Posts543,977
Members14,389
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Willieb #502312 01/19/18 09:09 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

well keet an udders, as i see it, the second amendment is one of the first ten amendments to the u.s. constitution...the first ten amendments to the constitution are known as the bill of rights...the primary purpose of the bill of rights is to limit the power and scope of the federal gubmint...

the second amendment states that within the context of a well regulated militia, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed...that means to me, that the second amendment, in the context of the bill of rights, forbids the federal gubmint from infringing on the right of the people to keep and bear arms...and the framing of the second amendment, within the context of a well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, seems to me to imply that it is up to each state to determine the level of civilian arms regulation that is needed to maintain public safety and security...in the 20th century, many state and local gubmints enacted legislation that regulate the civilian right to keep and bear certain classes of arms, such as handguns and semi auto military style rifles...to date most of those laws are still on the books and have not been overturned nor repealed...

and as for the two 2008 federal court rulings you site above, they have to do with local gubmint prohibition of the right to keep and bear certain classes of arms, but do not address state and local gubmint regulation of the keeping of certain classes of arms...

you also above, refer to an individual right to keep and bear arms...that is a relatively new concept, only validated by recent federal court ruling... in my opinion, the second amendment does not address the right of individuals...it does address the right of the people...which, to me implies a collective right of the people...

and the ongoing battle you refer to above should not really be about weather state and local gubmints have the power to regulate civilian possession of certain classes of firearms, but rather does gubmint at any level have the power to prohibit civilian possession of any arm...there is a vast difference between regulation and prohibition...

and keet, sometimes i too think you are a disruptive, addled, brainless piece of crap...but, i would never say that to you, because, that would be rude...

Last edited by ed good; 01/19/18 10:48 PM.

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Willieb #502313 01/19/18 09:16 PM
Willieb Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I do have a sense of humor !
Agree with Geo.
I have been called much worse than a cracker.

ed good #502321 01/19/18 11:10 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: ed good
well keet an udders, as i see it, the second amendment is one of the first ten amendments to the u.s. constitution...the first ten amendments to the constitution are known as the bill of rights...the primary purpose of the bill of rights is to limit the power and scope of the federal gubmint...

the second amendment states that within the context of a well regulated militia, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed...that means to me, that the second amendment, in the context of the bill of rights, forbids the federal gubmint from infringing on the right of the people to keep and bear arms...and the framing of the second amendment, within the context of a well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, seems to me to imply that it is up to each state to determine the level of civilian arms regulation that is needed to maintain public safety and security...in the 20th century, many state and local gubmints enacted legislation that regulate the civilian right to keep and bear certain classes of arms, such as handguns and semi auto military style rifles...to date most of those laws are still on the books and have not been overturned nor repealed...

and as for the two 2008 federal court rulings you site above, they have to do with local gubmint prohibition of the right to keep and bear certain classes of arms, but do not address state and local gubmint regulation of the keeping of certain classes of arms...

you also above, refer to an individual right to keep and bear arms...that is a relatively new concept, only validated by recent federal court ruling... in my opinion, the second amendment does not address the right of individuals...it does address the right of the people...which, to me implies a collective right of the people...

and the ongoing battle you refer to above should not really be about weather state and local gubmints have the power to regulate civilian possession of certain classes of firearms, but rather does gubmint at any level have the power to prohibit civilian possession of any arm...there is a vast difference between regulation and prohibition...

and keet, sometimes i too think you are a disruptive, addled, brainless piece of crap...but, i would never say that to you, because, that would be rude...

Where did you learn to spell and construct sentences ..............crAcker barrel?

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Willieb #502323 01/19/18 11:50 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

westshore elementary school, port tampa city, florida...an youse?

Last edited by ed good; 01/20/18 12:00 AM.

keep it simple and keep it safe...
ed good #502324 01/20/18 12:14 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: ed good
westshore elementary school, port tampa city, florida...an youse?

Found it Jagermeister. These folks schooled up a wise crAcker, and served the yoots soda crAckers.

Willieb #502329 01/20/18 04:01 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

All I know is Canadian crackers taste better than English crackers. Canadian make very good crackers.

Willieb #502427 01/20/18 09:35 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

So tell us idiot, in the other Constitutional Amenents that refer to "the people" are you telling us that those rights are collective, and not individual rights as well?

There is no question that some localities have infringed upon the 2nd Amendment . This happens where there are Liberal Left people like you and your friend King Brown. Fortunately for the rest of us, the Suipreme Court doesn't have a majority of agenda driven idiots like you who choose to ignore and reject the original intent of the Framers.

But thanks for once again showing everyone that guys like you are a threat to the firearms freedoms of every law abiding citizen. Allowing your ignorance to go unchallenged is about as smart as injecting cancer cells into your own liver. Amnesia arguing that states and localities have the right to infringe upon the 2nd Amendment is about as far away as you can be from helping to preserve it. People like you should be deported. But even North Korea wouldn't take an idiot like you.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

keith #502574 01/22/18 07:38 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Which idiOt you referring tWo....

The yAnkee crAcker barrel gun seller or the foreign idiOt ?

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.