April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
8 members (Kip, Jimmy W, oskar, ClapperZapper, 12boreman, 1 invisible), 992 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,467
Posts545,119
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Dave Erickson
Alder Adder, please post some pictures when it arrives. Thanks

Will do.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Just to be fair to all involved, I have additional information that might be useful. I have been contacted by someone who has a CSMC made M 21. He bought it new himself, and had to return it fourteen times to attempt to get defects, and damages incurred while under the care of CSMC, repaired and put right. He emailed me pictures and complete documentation of the 18 month ordeal. He finally sold the gun for 60% of the purchase price just to get rid of it.

I have first hand information of several RBLs that were problematic from new. Actually, I've never known of one, firsthand, that was without problems. I know there are many that will be espoused, but I'm reporting firsthand experiences, and reports from owners, only.

My take on all this ...........

(1) I appreciate that CSMC is American owned and operated. I do not know Tony, but I do know Lou, and consider him a friend.

(2) I know of many, many CSMC guns, of several "makes", that were problematic from new.

(3) I have never seen a new, defective, Beretta.

I just have to reason that where there's smoke, there's fire.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Pretty accurate summation, Stan. I knew Tony when knowing Tony meant nothing, haven't interacted with him in several years. Lou is a true friend and has helped me on numerous deals.

I've owned several RBL's in 20, 28 and 12 ga. The 20 Launch edition was a gorgeous gun and never gave any problems, but I only put less than 100 rounds through it. Sold the 28 not long after buying it, don't think I ever shot it once.

I've had 2 heavy-frame 32" 12 ga. RBL's, and both had issues that were fixed quickly and without further problems . Both are now in others' hands. I currently still own a 30" light frame 12 ga. RBL that is a killer gun and has been very reliable at doves and clays, so far...
JR

Last edited by John Roberts; 03/20/18 12:14 AM.

Be strong, be of good courage.
God bless America, long live the Republic.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I really want CSMC to produce high quality American doubles. I may have given the impression that I have an axe to grind with them. That is the farthest thing from the truth. My dream gun is one of their 20 ga. Foxes. But, I just can't "pull the trigger" knowing what I do about so many guns that have left their shop not right, and how many times some of them have gone back to be fixed and were either damaged in the shop, not fixed properly, or both. I truly wish the company my best. They are building some beautiful guns.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

It looks like it would be a viable alternative to second-hand Orvis-Ruger Red Label. The early ones with blackened frames usually had nice piece of wood on them.

Sidelock
Sidelock

From the catalog pictures, the Revelation appears to share at least the same trigger and floorplate as the M21 o/u that costs four times as much. Hmmm. Am I oversimplifying?

Sidelock
Sidelock

No, same basic gun. Cosmetic differences only. A Rizzini clone.
JR

Be strong, be of good courage.
God bless America, long live the Republic.
Sidelock
Online Embarrased
Sidelock

I can say that the 21 O/U available through RGS has a very small grip. Too tight a radius for me. Seemed more for a lady truthfully.

Out there doing it best I can.
Sidelock
Sidelock

For anybody who has handled the Revelation, or very similar Inverness, would anybody prefer the 30 inch barrel over the 28, and why?

Sidelock
Sidelock

I have had one in my hands and it looked very good and was good to shoot a few birds at skeet. This one had upgrade wood and I believe it was not very good. When you look at raw material costs the stock wood must have become the most expensive single item in a shotgun. Expect further decline in wood quality.

Bill

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.