April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
5 members (David Williamson, SKB, j7l2, 2 invisible), 837 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,445
Posts544,824
Members14,406
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: terc
Nudge, As I read your post S.B .from MS immediately came to mind. His inventory as far as I know is second to none. He has more than a few high end, rare, mint condition American ,English , and European shotguns listed. The high end inventory seems to be rapidly growing. I attribute it to good business practice, hard work,and putting in the time over the years.
terc

terc, I think you got this in the wrong thread.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

Lefty friendly pumps:

I don't know who produced the lefty safety for the model 17 Remington pump, it is a different part than the one in an Ithaca 37. A guy in northern MN, active on the 16 gauge website bought a gun with it installed. I traded my righty for his lefty. It is identicle to the Remington produced safety except it is mirror image, tool marks in the same spots. I have two barrels for this gun, one can often simply switch barrels on the Remingtons, something not often possible on the later Ithaca 37s.

The Winchester 1912 has a Williams "Big Button" safety installed. I like this safety, and have a similar version in my Ruger 44 magnum carbine. This was my Uncles "barn gun", from about the start of the great depression until perhaps 1978. It looked like it, too, my hands got rusty when I handled it. It has new blue and wood, and isn't a collector, but, I never understood the words "collector" and "pump" being used in the same sentence, anyway.

I never see spent shells on guns since my right eye is closed, being crosseye dominant. My model 17 and 1912 are righthand unfriendly at this point.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

When you're really focused on a target you don't tend to be too-distracted by the ejected shells, but I do see them as a minor handicap. Funny that LeFusil had an autoloader that spit in his eyes, I did too....big distraction!

Last edited by Lloyd3; 11/12/17 04:50 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

My late uncle would have warned anyone, Never Ever shoot a Remington model 11 left handed with a pipe in your mouth.

Miller/TN
I Didn't Say Everything I Said, Yogi Berra
Sidelock
Sidelock

Stevens Model 620 in 20 gauge

Fun little take-down gun I was able to pick up for $125.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Since H&R stopped their barrel program I sold my single shot and went looking for a beater Model 21 or NID in 12 gauge. I couldn't find one around here so after all the Black Diamond Grades and Heavy Duck Model 12s were picked over by the 'Collectors' I settled on a beater Model 12.

I'm way more familiar with a double and would have preferred a double but what can you do?

Sidelock
Sidelock

That 620 is a great looking pump gun. Me, I'd just like to find a flat top 520 in twenty ga...Geo

Sidelock
Sidelock

KY; you made me smile!

Sam Ogle
Sidelock
Sidelock

Geo.,

I completely agree. I wish it was the flat top. I'm not wild about double humps, but the flat top is graceful.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: LeFusil
Geo. with all do respect...thats complete hogwash about the shells being thrown across my face and field of vision...Ive NEVER seen the shell eject out of one of my guns...ever. I seriously doubt anyone else has either. Even if I have seen the shell subconsciously...it happened so fast that I never truly noticed. The ONLY issue Ive ever had was with a Remmy 1100 that used to spit powder out of the ejection port or gas port (it came from somewhere?) and it would sometimes get into my eye. Thats it. That kind of rubbish is a pure eye roller, especially when your including automatic pistol shooting or shooting an automatic rifle. Never even see the case ejecting. If you do...youre doing something wrong...like not focusing on the target.

I've never seen the empty shell when shooting a pump or semi-auto either. But I bought an unusual pistol a couple months ago. It is a Wamo Targetmaster single shot .22 rimfire that was built by the Wham-o Toy Co. Only a few thousand were built, and Wham-o will deny ever building a cartridge firing gun. But there are ads from the early 1950's clearly depicting this gun along with Hula-Hoops, Frisbee's, Sling-shots, etc. It is a delayed blow-back single shot design that fires with an unlocked bolt. Upon firing, I never see the spent shell casing which ejects straight up across my line of sight, but the empty case often lands directly on top of my head.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.