Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Ted Schefelbein
What Lloyd said. Anything 12 gauge is tougher, it seems, inspite of it being the most vesatile.
If M. McIntosh and D. Zutz were still writing books about double guns, I supect they would be complaining how hard it is getting to be to sell them, too.

Best,
Ted

There's several reasons for that.

Here's one...as more and more people delve into vintage guns they become more educated to their faults and flaws.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: keith

Why attempt to make the silly and disingenuous excuse that Jagermeister may be too young to own or purchase firearms? We all know that Jagermeister is at least voting age since he repeatedly admitted to proudly voting for the anti-gunner Barrack Obama...twice!

And the statement about Jagermeister demonstrating maturity by "blithely ignoring his critics" is as laughable as it is inaccurate.

I've been quite critical of Jagermeister recently, ever since I noticed glaring inconsistencies in his stories about guns he claims to own or buy, his blatant lies about reloading, and the fact that a guy who doesn't own one lousy double gives so much advice about them.

You should replace word "recently" with "permanently". There are no glaring inconsistencies. We both know your attacks started on misfires and are continuing here.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: HomelessjOe
Originally Posted By: Ted Schefelbein
What Lloyd said. Anything 12 gauge is tougher, it seems, inspite of it being the most vesatile.
If M. McIntosh and D. Zutz were still writing books about double guns, I supect they would be complaining how hard it is getting to be to sell them, too.

Best,
Ted

There's several reasons for that.

Here's one...as more and more people delve into vintage guns they become more educated to their faults and flaws.

Must admit I had not considered the role education plays in driving the price of double guns down

I have believed that education usually feed the passion and demand for them, but as you note it also makes buyers more discerning.

Ultimately, while you maybe right that it is a factor, I doubt it is as dominant as the demographics are changing along with reduced hunting opportunities.

If it were driven more by aged guns and their flaws then new manufactured gun sales would not be as they are.

Last edited by old colonel; 11/21/17 10:28 AM.

Michael Dittamo
Topeka, KS
Sidelock
Sidelock

you think its tough now......wait till the market tanks.....

gunut
Sidelock
Sidelock

Stan's comments about living well and long parallel my thoughts and actions. At 72, I recently moved to a much larger house and three times the property of the place I vacated after 44 years. I continue to look for and buy expensive double guns that I know I will never have time to sell. I presently have three great guns in the mail, plan to buy a few more, and have no plans for a retirement home. I am also planning for a long life by recently selling my Harley Davidson that I have owned for 37 years. It is in the hands of a friend now, and it will never kill me. Dead is surely dead, but my friend Stan and I are not there yet. Bill Murphy in MD.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Bill, what are the three guns you have in the mail?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Jagermeister
Originally Posted By: keith

Why attempt to make the silly and disingenuous excuse that Jagermeister may be too young to own or purchase firearms? We all know that Jagermeister is at least voting age since he repeatedly admitted to proudly voting for the anti-gunner Barrack Obama...twice!

And the statement about Jagermeister demonstrating maturity by "blithely ignoring his critics" is as laughable as it is inaccurate.

I've been quite critical of Jagermeister recently, ever since I noticed glaring inconsistencies in his stories about guns he claims to own or buy, his blatant lies about reloading, and the fact that a guy who doesn't own one lousy double gives so much advice about them.

You should replace word "recently" with "permanently". There are no glaring inconsistencies. We both know your attacks started on misfires and are continuing here.

Jagermeister, you just can't stop telling lies, can you? Here are a couple "glaring inconsistencies" about guns you have claimed to own when they were actually on Layaway until you reneged on the deal, and about your reloading activities. I'll post some more when I get time, but I have a lot to get done before I go deer hunting:

I have developed "sweet tooth" for police shotguns. I found another Police Magnum with six shot tube, XS frond sight and Scattergun Technologies rear ghost ring. I wish I could stop buying them, but I can't. I do not know how to stop myself. Still looking for perfect classic SxS for myself.

You told us several times about your Remington Police Magnum 870 pump, you even told us how effective the recoil pad was. But it turns out that you never actually took possession of it:

Post #476286 3/27/17
At one time or another but not at same time I had several guns on layaway. A 20ga Ithaca NID, Ithaca Deluxe Solid Rib ca.1955, 16ga Browning Citori, Remington 870 Police Magnum. I have chosen not to complete sale on any of those.

If one pays attention, it's pretty easy to see there are many inconsistencies in your stories. It is much easier to remember the truth than it is to remember lies.

Here's a couple more of your lies, this time about reloading shotshells:

Post # 472881 on 2/22/17- Thread :" 16 ga loads not filling the hull?"--
I use plastic particles they use in buffered shot. Not sure where I got it from, but it works pretty well. Depending on manufacturer I think it's called Grex or something similar. It fills up the cup a little and provides wonderful cushioning for the shot above it. Very professional.

Post #475337 on 3/17/17- Thread: "Reloading Herter's 16 Gauge Shells from Cabela's"--
Time = money. I always buy factory loads and never re-load for that reason. In free time I like other activities that involve fresh air like hiking, mountain biking, fishing, hunting,.....

I've once again proven what I said Jagermeister. I've done the same many times in the past, yet you return to deny your own lying words again and again. A gentleman would apologize, but you are no gentleman. A normal person would be embarrassed about getting caught lying so many times. But you are not normal. I have no doubt you will be back with more lies and more bullshit. Why would you and your Liberal Left lying friends think you should be able to run away from the dishonesty and anti-gun rhetoric you posted in Misfires? You guys forced me to save it and repeat it because you tried to cover your lies by accusing me of ignorance or dishonesty.

That's not nice! And it sure as hell ain't good manners.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I'm out In Africa for a little while, yet again, 73 years old, and look with dismay on the wreckage of a very professional double-gun site. Please stop the BS.
-- There are trolls here who delight in provoking...it's their morning high-their coffee. And no one really knows what guns they've bought, sold whatever...the only clues anyone has are the insights they provide on the subject matter at hand.
-- And there are the bulls who respond to the red cape foaming at the mouth with repetitive fulminations and who are as destructive as the trolls with endless rantings that only feed the former.

I know this is the internet and probably modern America - but for the love of God, grow the F-up and stop it. We know when a dispute over double-guns is informative (I loved the exchange between Ted and Larry on a possible "R" powder in late 19th century French Guns) and when it's just personal "look-at-me" claptrap.

I guess posting this was just as useless as any internet plea.... but if there is stupid on one side there will be the mirror effect on the other. Oh well. get to it..enjoy. Nothing else to do...or you could be out shooting.

Or I guess I could just block a ranter...but then I might miss the one thing he says in 50 posts which is informative and not personal or political. - unless of course the troll and the bull are the same person - it's happened before.

Last edited by Argo44; 11/22/17 08:11 PM.

Baluch are not Brahui, Brahui are Baluch
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: eightbore
Stan's comments about living well and long parallel my thoughts and actions. At 72, I recently moved to a much larger house and three times the property of the place I vacated after 44 years. I continue to look for and buy expensive double guns that I know I will never have time to sell. I presently have three great guns in the mail, plan to buy a few more, and have no plans for a retirement home. I am also planning for a long life by recently selling my Harley Davidson that I have owned for 37 years. It is in the hands of a friend now, and it will never kill me. Dead is surely dead, but my friend Stan and I are not there yet. Bill Murphy in MD.

Good for you, my friend. Live long and live well. Hope to see you at the Spring Southern next April. I'll have a "box" for you and the lovely Ms. Linda. I think you know what it will contain.

BTW, I'm thinking of having a T-shirt made up that says on the back......

FORMER BIKER

SONS OF ARTHRITIS

IBUPROFEN CHAPTER

........and a skull with crossed connecting rods and pistons behind it. If I do I'll have you one made if you like.

All my best, SRH

Last edited by Stan; 11/21/17 06:30 PM.

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Bill, I live close to you...I'd love to see your collection someday. I'm neither a collector nor a big hunter..I shoot clays mostly....but love art ..and opera....and a slim line double is both.

Last edited by Argo44; 11/21/17 07:06 PM.

Baluch are not Brahui, Brahui are Baluch
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.