April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
5 members (Vol423, Sun Dog, FlyChamps, 2 invisible), 391 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,443
Posts544,793
Members14,405
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

For gregdownunder:

Last edited by skeettx; 11/18/17 09:22 AM.

USAF RET 1971-95 [Linked Image from jpgbox.com]
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: skeettx
For gregdownunder:

Wow.Beautiful!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: oskar
I enjoy mine, I have a pair like this, this one is the worst one that I use waterfowl hunting out on the salt marsh. 12ga 2.5" chambers load 7/8 oz ITX 6's in 2.5" Eley or cut down Fiocchi hulls

I bought a third wreck for parts and #4 was suppose to be cut to 24" but when it arrived it was 20" but it has nice wood and the rest of the parts are like new. I kept it just beause it was really cheap when I bought it. The wreck was from Simpsons and was discribed as such and sold as a parts gun, really the only bad part is the barrel, heavily pitted inside and out.

I've had horrible luck with ITX 6's, but ITX 4's are just fantastic. Glad you found a load that works! I've thought about getting a mod. 20 underlever for use in the salt marsh. I had my nice 103C out on the salt flats recently, and my barrels started rusting in no time flat.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I've found the wiping them down with Johnson's paste wax heavy coat and don't buff it off works also CRC Marine HD Corrosion Inhibitor works well(spray it on the night before and let dry overnight)it leaves kind of a dry gummy residue but protects well, it is also great for trailer light plugs, the trolling motor and running light sockets.

As far as the sixes, I only use 7/8 oz in the 12ga so I tend to let them get in High House station 7 range. I'm retired and get to hunt a lot so I can let them come in or just watch them go bye no need to try and reach out for them. I also live walking distance to some great hunting here on the coast and have cart set up to walk my decoys to the spot, just sit on the bank on the in coming tide no blind.

Over the past 60 yrs of duck hunting I've acquired enough different boats that I can get into spots a lot of other people won't bother with.

After the first shot the rest are just noise.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: oskar
I've found the wiping them down with Johnson's paste wax heavy coat and don't buff it off works also CRC Marine HD Corrosion Inhibitor works well(spray it on the night before and let dry overnight)it leaves kind of a dry gummy residue but protects well, it is also great for trailer light plugs, the trolling motor and running light sockets.

As far as the sixes, I only use 7/8 oz in the 12ga so I tend to let them get in High House station 7 range. I'm retired and get to hunt a lot so I can let them come in or just watch them go bye no need to try and reach out for them. I also live walking distance to some great hunting here on the coast and have cart set up to walk my decoys to the spot, just sit on the bank on the in coming tide no blind.

Over the past 60 yrs of duck hunting I've acquired enough different boats that I can get into spots a lot of other people won't bother with.

Thanks for the tip! I hadn't considered paste wax. I'm moving back to Vancouver, WA in a few months and will be hunting the coast a lot next year. If you would like some company once in a while, let me know. I'm buying an aquapod this week so I can lay down in the flats all grassed up. Interesting how the mallards like to go back towards the fir trees in the flats in the little ponds that are created at high tide...

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Beeswax chips dissolved in a small amount of turpentine can make a very thick paste that dries fairly hard when applied to the metal and allowed to dry. One can apply a thicker coat of that mixture than one can with Johnsons. However, its best to avoid contact with stock finishes. I've never hunted saltwater, but I've applied this as a long lasting metal finish on rainy day guns that doesn't seem to wipe off after being run through heavy grouse thickets.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Among the hammerless Husqvarna sxS shotguns, there are many model numbers.

Does anyone have a list/post of the differences between models 310, 350, 610, 1310, etc.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Other than Skydevaaben, I have yet to read much writing on the subject...

http://www.skydevaaben.com/allhvamodels/info.xml

Sidelock
Sidelock

https://imgur.com/nuNk7rI

My Husqvarna 12 gauge Model 350 did the job last week on Illinois pheasants. Originally choked Full and Fuller, I had Buck Hamlin open them to IC and MOD.

Anyone know what years the Model 350 was made?

Jerry Goldstein

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

From 1952 until 1960

Great wood on your 350!

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.