April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (Lloyd3, SKB, earlyriser, Ducks Rx, rtw, 1 invisible), 852 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,445
Posts544,821
Members14,406
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

If you are dealing with a professional firearms dealer, ie: one who does this for a living. Never say to him that you have to ask the "Finance Department" r the "Boss", we know that means we will never hear from you again.

John Boyd

John Boyd
Quality Arms Inc
Houston, TX
713-818-2971
Sidelock
Sidelock

I'll have to ask the boss about this John lol

And this is true for us part time dealers too

NRA Patron Life Member
Sidelock
Sidelock

Then there is the even worse problem. That is dealing with droolers and tire kickers who make a commitment to buy something, but then back out of the deal.

Post #476286 3/27/17
Originally Posted By: Jagermeister
At one time or another but not at same time I had several guns on layaway. A 20ga Ithaca NID, Ithaca Deluxe Solid Rib ca.1955, 16ga Browning Citori, Remington 870 Police Magnum. I have chosen not to complete sale on any of those.

Originally Posted By: Jagermeister
I had bunch of guns I put money on but found something different I liked down the road. There was a Perazzi O/U, Ithaca NID, Ithaca 37 Supreme solid rib, Remington 879 Police Magnum, Browning Citori. I have now cured that problem and no longer put stuff on layaway because it does not work for me. I now put stuff on 24 hour hold. If a man can't make their mind in 24 hours they never will.

Of course, during the time they have a firearm on hold or on Layaway, it becomes unavailable to potential customers who are really serious, and not just pathetic little trolls who are attempting to create the illusion that they are knowledgeable or actually own and shoot guns.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: arrieta2
If you are dealing with a professional firearms dealer, ie: one who does this for a living. Never say to him that you have to ask the "Finance Department" r the "Boss", we know that means we will never hear from you again.

I have a sign posted on the gun rack at my pawnshop:

"Your wife called. She says buy anything you want."

Maybe it's a coincidence, but I get a lot fewer "I have to ask my wife" excuses since posting that sign.

GLS Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

From the buyer's side, things you should say to a gun or car dealer: "I've got "X" amount to spend and I'm not leaving without a gun. Do you have anything?"

Sidelock
Sidelock

I once committed to buy a gun at a poorly lit gun show
Drove to the ATM, got $800, did the NICS transfer and handed over the money.

The price tage was $1800 and I read it as $ 800 with two vertical lines in the S

Very embarassing

Sidelock
Sidelock

[quote=Bushmaster]I once committed to buy a gun at a poorly lit gun show

The price tage was $1800 and I read it as $ 800 with two vertical lines in the S

Very embarrassing

Thing is....the gun was probably worth around 1000....you thought you found a good deal at 800.....at 1800 the dealer was trolling for a fool.... this is the way it usually works....

gunut
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: gunut
[quote=Bushmaster]I once committed to buy a gun at a poorly lit gun show

Very embarrassing

I recently stopped into a cool old country store not far from my town. They have a gun counter but I've never imagined they sell many guns as their prices are quite high. The best thing about the store are the wildlife mounts and the hundreds of cool old guns that decorated the walls. The store has been in business for nearly 100 years and the owners traded groceries, gas and supplies for guns. Also the owner was a big game hunter who traveled the world. Lots of history in that place.

Anyway, while I was there I spied an interesting looking side-by-side sitting inside a showcase on top of its original box. I looked closer and saw that it was a 28 gauge. As I recall, it was a Weatherby brand. I looked at the tag and saw $900. That seemed reasonable for a 28 gauge double so I asked the young clerk about it. He clearly was oblivious to the gun and knew nothing about it. He called an older employee over and the guy seemed surprised that somebody asked about it. The gun never came out of the showcase as the clerk begins to explain that the gun was a salesman's sample of a shotgun that was never actually released to market. It was then that I looked at the tag again and see that it said $9,000, not $900. I blurted out an "Oh, bleep" and I laughed at my mistake. Nevermind.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Personally, I would never tell a dealer "I have to ask the "Boss (Wife)" as that is really none of his business. For most of my 57+ years of married life (To the Same Woman) I have been the sole bread winner. I never considered my pay check "Mine" but "Ours". I fully realize I am in a totally different financial bracket than the majority here, but neither of us ever made a high priced purchase without talking it over between us to determine whether we were able to cover it. If a dealer could not deal with that when I was likely extending myself a bit to start with I would simply walk out of his door & Never Return. Appears I have no need to even enter John's door as I know how he feels about me consulting with my "Financial Adviser", who incidentally has always tried to help me in any way she could to be able to make a purchase that we really couldn't justify, but which she knew I wanted very badly. I have in return done the same for her.

Miller/TN
I Didn't Say Everything I Said, Yogi Berra
Sidelock
Sidelock

Well said 2-piper, I think you and I were/are in the same income bracket.

TM

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.