April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
9 members (David Williamson, Ian Forrester, AaronN, FlyChamps, 2 invisible), 487 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,466
Posts545,103
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Sidelock
Sidelock

I observed a few when the shipment hit these shores few years ago. One could buy A&D HVA in very good shape for less than $400 instantly making it the best quality knockabout gun for the dollar spent beating old standby like Sakaba 100. Those HVAs are easily equal to Ithaca NID and the 350 action was used for calibers like 9,3x74 meaning the action is very, very strong. Real good samples have risen in price because they were undervalued when they first arrived here.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I enjoy mine, I have a pair like this, this one is the worst one that I use waterfowl hunting out on the salt marsh. 12ga 2.5" chambers load 7/8 oz ITX 6's in 2.5" Eley or cut down Fiocchi hulls

I bought a third wreck for parts and #4 was suppose to be cut to 24" but when it arrived it was 20" but it has nice wood and the rest of the parts are like new. I kept it just beause it was really cheap when I bought it. The wreck was from Simpsons and was discribed as such and sold as a parts gun, really the only bad part is the barrel, heavily pitted inside and out.

After the first shot the rest are just noise.
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Are there any Swedish members on the forum? I would love to hear their take on these homegrown doubles. As far as I have read, the 310s were the best that Husqvarna made. The much later made 1310 were a sort of homage to the original 310s but If I recall correctly, lacked the intercepting sears. I have a 1310 as well as this 310. My personal 1310 is sans engraving and the wood was beat, but the metal was in very nice shape so I had the bores opened to skt 1 and skt 2 and it will be put to use as a fowl-foul-weather gun.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I had a Husqvarna 310-A 12ga which was pretty worn when I bought it, as many of these imports are. I had Mike Orlen open the chokes and it became my go-to bird gun for several years. Never had a moments trouble with it until the flange on the forend iron that works the extractors broke off. I carried it to the gunshow and swapped it for a .38 pocket revolver...Geo

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Shotgunlover
Anyone know of a location on the net with a pic of the model 50 Husqvarna?

It is described in the catalogs as having monobloc barrels that are threaded into the monobloc. The production of this model seems to have lasted only a few years, from 1927 to 1934.

I've had a couple mod. 50's. Same gun as the 51 except lacking the crossbolt, only in 12ga, and also with straight grip (51's only came with prince of whales grip to my knowledge). Here's a mod. 50 I had briefly last year before I sold it:

Here is a the gun farther away, along with my mod. 44 that I still own (which may be a one of a kind 14ga):

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: fallschirmjaeger
Are there any Swedish members on the forum? I would love to hear their take on these homegrown doubles. As far as I have read, the 310s were the best that Husqvarna made. The much later made 1310 were a sort of homage to the original 310s but If I recall correctly, lacked the intercepting sears. I have a 1310 as well as this 310. My personal 1310 is sans engraving and the wood was beat, but the metal was in very nice shape so I had the bores opened to skt 1 and skt 2 and it will be put to use as a fowl-foul-weather gun.

I am of Swedish heritage (my grandfather was a logger from Sweden, and I have relatives there). From what I've seen online on some of the Swedish gun website, the really deluxe models don't seem to make their way over here much. Here are the Husky's I currently own (I've owned and sold a ton over the last five years or so):

A mod. 44 16 or 14ga (it has 14ga. bores, so I'm having custom made brass hulls made for it) This gun is a wonderful shooter, and the barnard damascus barrels are mesmerizing.

Custom mod. 100 16ga, that I've converted to straight grip, re-blued the barrels, and added grain from the previously canoe paddle plain stock, and re-checkered to a checkered butt. This 6lb gun is a fantastic chukar/hun gun, choked ic/xf

mod. 103C 12ga with custom checkering. Am going to re-blue the barrels this weekend.

Mod. 350 skeet. Very rare here, only one of its kind I've ever seen. In a nod to modernity on the skeet line, this is actually the only non-hammer gun I own. eek

Sidelock
Sidelock

My Husqy 51 (in the center of this pic) . . .

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Wow it seems that the Washingtonians own all the hammer huskys!

Mark, I used to live in Lacey and I'm a big fan of your work by the way.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: fallschirmjaeger
Wow it seems that the Washingtonians own all the hammer huskys!

Mark, I used to live in Lacey and I'm a big fan of your work by the way.

Thanks!

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.