April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
1 members (SKB), 276 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,458
Posts544,976
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Sidelock
Sidelock

Comparing fine art like paintings with international market devoid of special regulations is not good analogy for market pertaining to firearms. As I said when it comes to old guns one must choose wisely to have something that retains or increases in value. I have shown you one example of a gun that is a safe bet. Contrary to common belief the 12ga SxS market isn't "flat", stale or struggling but one must pick the right "needles out of the haystack". A haystack that is going to get bigger and bigger in foreseeable future.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Why should anyone even consider your advice Jagermeister? You don't own even one lousy double gun, and you were dumb enough to admit voting for the extreme anti-gunner Obama twice... proudly!

You claim to be looking for the right double, at the right price. But that charade has been going on so long that even an internet fake like you has to have a hard time believing it. By the time you actually find a gun that suits you, and has a give-away price tag that you can afford, you will be too old and decrepit to shoot it. Brilliant!

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: buzz
A beautiful but very old 500 yo painting just sold for half a BILLION dollars. Who would have thought? Quality always has value just like this rare DaVinci. As time passes there will be less and less of these quality guns, many of which are artistry themselves. With a rising population, it will be about supply and demand, in my humble opinion. I guess I'm not as pessimistic as some of you other old guys ready for the skilled nursing and extended care facilities.

Sadly, and hopefully unlike guns, these beautiful old painting gain more value from who owned them rather than who painted them, or their subject matter.

On to double guns, I think most double guns are beautiful, even my old Winchester model 24 has a type of beauty, but perhaps I feel that way because she was my first!

I really don't own any collectible doubles, well maybe one, but every single one of them is precious to me, and hopefully some of them will be to my children, my oldest son seams to be smitten by the lore of the double gun, but the other two not so much, it seams like if you can't wash the blood off with a garden hose, and throw it in the back of the truck it's not a good gun.

A couple of years ago I was diagnosed with an autoimmune disease, turns out it was Mercury poisoning, but it has taken two years to recover, this year I have done more duck hunting than I have in a few years, and it feels so good to be out in the field with my new favorite sxs, I call her the "Magic stick", she is one of those guns that just points it's self, and never (almost) misses, most young shooters don't appreciate the feel and balance of a gun like that.

TM

Sidelock
Sidelock

You make perfect sense, Jager, if you're into markets, retailing, buying to make a profit, as grocers buying low and stocking shelves as their wares go out the door.

Choosing wisely to "retain or increase value" would take the fun out of guns for me if the primary value you express of buying old guns is to make money.

As an old man of winter, the value of my guns is the pleasure they give me; even from the glance I give all of them as I choose the lightest "best" for the role.

It's been the SKB 20 Kent TM every day this week for decoying ducks and geese. When it's gets serious, the others get their turns to please me equally.

You know more than a little about guns, Jager. Choose one that fits and you can shoot well. You can't lose. You're not living if you're not having fun.

(I enjoy reading your messages.)

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Stan

Maybe the stars will align at the Vegas show in a couple months, and all these low priced fine doubles I'm hearing about will be there. But .......... I ain't holding' my breath.

SRH

good plan

Dr.WtS
Mysteries of the Cosmos Unlocked
available by subscription
Sidelock
Sidelock

“...these beautiful old paintings gain more value from who owned them...”

Wonder what I could get for my Black Velvet Elvis? I’d be loath to sell it though as it is the perfect counterpoint to my collection of beer cans.

Phoenix (worst team in the league) beat the Kwee-beckers at home. Made me feel good. Not half a billion good, but pretty good.

Sidelock
Sidelock

No mention effect of magnumitis on desirability and sales of older doubles. Without handloading, it's abuse to use majority of my American and European classics for my needs. I'm limited to 20 SKB and 12 Beretta 686 with TM and bismuth. Kent's catalogue says TM is "safe to use in nitro-proofed, high grade, fixed choke barrels" and bismuth "suitable for use in all shotguns including those with fixed choke barrels." They are superb loads but their pressures and velocities are unnecessary---generally.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Jager & King;
One thing of tremendous importance to remember, in order to make a profit on a gun, you have to "BUY" it first. Otherwise you cannot "SELL" it for a profit.

Miller/TN
I Didn't Say Everything I Said, Yogi Berra
Sidelock
Sidelock

You raise a couple interesting points, Miller. None of the gunners I know buy guns thinking of profit. My guess neither do a majority here. Jagermeister professing profit and pleasure equally while apparently not owning a double may be because he's not old enough to buy one. He's a mystery to me. He appears to read a lot about guns and is perhaps mature beyond his years for the way he blithely ignores his critics. That's worth noting, too, and I admire him for it.

Sidelock
Sidelock

That is rich! It appears that King is blithely ignoring truth and reality once again in order to create a false narrative concerning one of his fellow Liberal Left anti-gunner supporters.

Why attempt to make the silly and disingenuous excuse that Jagermeister may be too young to own or purchase firearms? We all know that Jagermeister is at least voting age since he repeatedly admitted to proudly voting for the anti-gunner Barrack Obama...twice! And Jagermeister has also repeatedly told us about guns he claims to own, and other guns he had had on Layaway... before reneging on the deals. Then there was this proof from Jagermeister that he is certainly old enough to purchase firearms. Being mentally fit to purchase guns is another story entirely:

Originally Posted By: Jagermeister
I took selective service exam in Johnstown New York. I could not join the military because at that time main opponent of USA was the Soviet Union and Warsaw Pact States. In any conflict I would be forced to fight against my Slavic brothers. That would not be acceptable to me. Brothers should not fight brothers.

And the statement about Jagermeister demonstrating maturity by "blithely ignoring his critics" is as laughable as it is inaccurate.

I've been quite critical of Jagermeister recently, ever since I noticed glaring inconsistencies in his stories about guns he claims to own or buy, his blatant lies about reloading, and the fact that a guy who doesn't own one lousy double gives so much advice about them. Far from ignoring me, Jagermeister responds directly more often than not, and he frequently takes the time to QUOTE my criticism. The only thing he ignores is the simple question... "Why does a guy who doesn't own even one lousy double feel the pathetic need to post regurgitated crap on a double gun forum about things he has no actual experience with???"

Is it any wonder that our PRO-GUN President Donald Trump has such low regard for journalists? Talk about Fake News!

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.