May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
6 members (Lloyd3, Argo44, skeettx, Jtplumb, 2 invisible), 275 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,547
Posts546,167
Members14,423
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Bob Cash
...."A 16 is best when it's not trying to be a 12"....

I think the new info makes a difference in the one gun restriction exercise. There seems to be an implication that a twelve gauge is available, and that it has some greater capability than the 16. In that case, I'd tend toward more open chokes on the sixteen. If it was framed in terms of wanting a super twenty, then in my mind, I'd lean towards more choke. A one gun restriction is truly a nightmare scenario, and then some.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: craigd
A one gun restriction is truly a nightmare scenario, and then some.

Ain't that the truth!!!

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

While I hate the thought of only one gun, I'd probably shoot better by focusing on one.
Yesterday was not so good at the range going from my AyA 16 to a Benelli goose getter.
As to chokes, one open and one tighter, IC/Mod or lt.Mod/IM would do. I find choke is less important than I thought, just not too tight in the first barrel.

Last edited by Saskbooknut; 10/12/17 11:53 AM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Light IC and IM.

fiery, dependable, occasionally transcendent
Sidelock
Sidelock

Remember what Aaron Burr said in Hamilton,"Talk less, smile more". smile

This should make you smile more Bob... this is what you said back in 2016 when someone started a thread criticizing your precious anti-gun Democrats when they didn't display the American Flag at their Convention- Post #451503 - 07/27/16:

I'm seeing flags.

Snopes said there were flags too, and discredited that story. But the DNC discredited Snopes... and you as well... when they apologized and explained that the reason they didn't display the Flag was because they didn't want to offend anyone. Jagermeister is certainly not my "arch-enemy". He is simply another disingenuous Liberal Democrat Fudd (without a single double gun) who posts a lot more often than you.

I thought taking a shot at your precious Democrats would flush you and make you take a return shot at me. I'm smiling a little bit now. Let me know when you're grinding the enamel off your teeth at night, so I can really smile, OK?

P.S.- If I was ordering a new 16 gauge double, I'd know enough about my typical uses for it to decide for myself what chokes would be best.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Write less, smile more. smile

Sidelock
Sidelock

Bob, you sound so reasonable and level-headed... to those that don't know about your true nature:

I had negotiated a price and put my cash on the barrel head.
What does any of John Boyds whining or Flintfans stupid ideas
about how to run a business have to do with what happened to me?

Originally Posted By: Flintfan
I had negotiated a price and put my cash on the barrel head.
What does any of John Boyds whining or Flintfans stupid ideas
about how to run a business have to do with what happened to me?

You had handed over cash, and the seller refused to give you the gun? That is theft of a firearm, a felony. I hope you called the police.

Are you retarded?

Re-read the op you dim wit.

Originally Posted By: Flintfan
Re-read the op you dim wit.

Ok, let's try this. Since I'm too stupid (even though you are the one that got scammed) to offer any advice to you, what are your plans to prevent this from happening to you again?

Too stupid, your words, not mine.
Would you please show me in any of my posts where I described being "duped" or "scammed"?

Flintfan's well thought reply made you throw in the towel and slip out the back door.

The entire exchange of manners and civility can be read by clicking on this link. But you were probably just having a bad day Bob. One of many. It made me smile:

https://www.doublegunshop.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=443723&page=1

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Whine less, smile more. smile

Yet another thread professionally CRAPPED on by keith

Sidelock
Sidelock

Taking thread back to the subject

If only one gun, fixed chokes, and prewar, left .015 right .005.

If current manufacture, then choke tubes, with tubes .000 to .030 in .05 increments.

If limited to one gun as hard a choice as it would be, I might break and go modern with a newer SXS. I do note none of my SXS guns are newer than the 1920's.

Fortunately, I do not live in fear of a one gun SxS limit as other than a fictional construct for discussion purposes.

Michael Dittamo
Topeka, KS
Sidelock
Sidelock

Whine less, smile more. smile

If you really believe you will have only one gun, a 16 gauge double, there are worse things than choke tubes and a wrench to put them in. Like, having only one gun.

Let us know what you decide to do. If you get that far, at any rate.

Best,
Ted

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.