April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
12 members (Gunning Bird, bushveld, Ian Forrester, bigblock, 3 invisible), 471 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,466
Posts545,098
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 12
Sidelock
Sidelock

OK, THE ANSWER
Become a God fearing, gun toting nation once again
We kicked God out of schools, we kicked God out of government
We kicked God out of the nation, when the Light leaves, darkness will enter

USAF RET 1971-95 [Linked Image from jpgbox.com]
Sidelock
Sidelock

Ed, I didn't say any firearm was banned, I ask if that's what you wanted. I already know about the tax stamp for full autos and suppressers. Only you make some conclusions. I'm a NRA life member, served in the military during the Vietnam war, and didn't do it to see my 2 Amendment rights taken away piece by piece.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: ed good
....is it as some have suggested: that tolerating mass murder with firearms, is the price we all pay, to protect our second amendment rights?....

....by now you should have figured out that personal attacks just weaken any argument you might advance...

try rational thought and discussion of alternative ideas....

I wonder if there can be civil discourse about why folks like you are susceptible to sensational ideological headlines? Shouldn't all violent crime be not only illegal, but unacceptable? You can quantify it if you want, the bigger the scoop of illegal, the more unacceptable? Can there be civil discourse about disclosing your true agenda, or does that require overlooking because of some claim to be on the high road?

Sidelock
Sidelock

skeet: what you suggest would certainly help...

make love not war...be prepared for both...

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

Random question, would you be concerned if someone you knew had firearms and was suffering from depression ?
I realise there are many different levels of depression and other related conditions so wondered if a line should be drawn where a person who may have problems with society or suicidal thoughts should have their permission or right to own guns revoked ?
It's not uncommon on this side of the pond for shotgun or firearms cert holders to hand in their guns (maybe into storage by a firearms dealer) or in extreme cases, the police may confiscate them if mental health issues come to light. (There are many other reasons here too but going into all that would just muddy the water and go off topic)
Are there any similar conditions in the States ?

Last edited by Nick. C; 10/05/17 03:15 PM. Reason: not very good at writing ;)

Rust never sleeps !
Sidelock
Sidelock

craig: i dont have an agenda, real or otherwise...

just like to think and exchange ideas...

Sidelock
Sidelock

Ed, is it a personal attack to call you an idiot when I have repeatedly posted information about the incontrovertible connection between SSRI anti-depressant drugs, and mass homicides... and you simply ignore it and continue to call for law abiding citizens to give up their rights?

Do you ever stop to consider how the Liberal Left Democrats you support continue to exploit these shootings while they totally ignore the carnage and deaths caused by their policies of Parole, Catch-and-Release of illegals, and refusal to build a border wall that would inhibit the flow of illegal narcotics and violent illegal aliens?

They don't care about saving lives, and you know it. They only wish to slowly eliminate the 2nd Amendment Rights of law abiding citizens, and you are there to help them. I'm not sure why I should answer any more idiotic questions from you when you refuse to answer the questions I pose. And do you think referring to me as "keet" does anything to make you look less idiotic?

And what could be more foolish than rolling over and giving up our freedoms when doing so would be totally ineffective against these shooters and killers who have no criminal history to prevent them from buying guns, gasoline, or tractor trailers, or the box cutters they used to kill almost 3000 souls on 9-11?

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

nick: since 1968, federal law here prohibits possession of firearms by those who have documented mental issues...law enforcement here do confiscate firearms from those with documented mental issues...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_Control_Act_of_1968

Sidelock
Sidelock

There was something about if a senior citizen had his retirement check [ SS ] deposited in a bank account and the bank paid his bills he was considered mentally unfit and couldn't own a firearm. Someone will correct me if some of what I said was wrong, but you get the gist of it. So, we should allow the same government to decide who has mental health issue's. Oh yea, you bet. That would open up a whole new worm hole.

Sidelock
Sidelock

so keet, den once again, i ax, tell us your solutions to our growing problem of mass murder via firearms?

Last edited by ed good; 10/05/17 03:23 PM.

Page 5 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.