May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
6 members (Jimmy W, FlyChamps, Jeremy Pearce, Roundsworth, 2 invisible), 315 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,529
Posts545,870
Members14,420
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
Sidelock
Sidelock

Amen Jagermeister. We've been hearing about your tire-kicking and window shopping for years now, yet you still can't find even one lousy double in your price range that suits you.

Too bad your idol Barack Obama didn't pass out double guns like he did Obama-phones to losers and pretenders like you. Haven't you been caught enough times telling us lies and fairy tales about guns you never actually owned, and fictitious incidents like that bullshit story you told us awhile back about someone getting shot during an accidental discharge in a gun shop. When pressed for details about when and where it allegedly occurred, you couldn't tell us anything. I wish I had the time right now to replay some quotes from you to illustrate the inconsistencies in stories about the guns you've claimed to own just in this year. But I'll get the chance to do it later, because frauds like you have no shame, even when caught in several lies.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: keith
Amen Jagermeister. We've been hearing about your tire-kicking and window shopping for years now, yet you still can't find even one lousy double in your price range that suits you.

Too bad your idol Barack Obama didn't pass out double guns like he did Obama-phones to losers and pretenders like you. Haven't you been caught enough times telling us lies and fairy tales about guns you never actually owned, and fictitious incidents like that bullshit story you told us awhile back about someone getting shot during an accidental discharge in a gun shop. When pressed for details about when and where it allegedly occurred, you couldn't tell us anything. I wish I had the time right now to replay some quotes from you to illustrate the inconsistencies in stories about the guns you've claimed to own just in this year. But I'll get the chance to do it later, because frauds like you have no shame, even when caught in several lies.

To prevent future accidents they have safety person checking all guns that come in and a large black bullet trap near the front door entrance.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Just guessing, but there are probably 50,000 + old Damascus barreled SxS's still out there in "shootable? condition." All are at least a century old.

The fact that we hear of a few blowing out each year shouldn't be a big statistical surprise.

I was at a Sporting Clay range clubhouse this week, and the guys were passing around a recent stainless Taurus .357 revolver that had blown the cylinder and top strap due to a handloading error. STUFF HAPPENS!

gold40

Sidelock
Sidelock

Of the few photos I have seen of blown up barrels, most have been fluid steel, not Damascus. That said, it would be very worthwhile to have a good analysis of the barrels that just blew up in Maryland.

Rich
Sidelock
Sidelock

If Doc Drew gets his hands on them, they'll get a good analysis.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: gold40

I was at a Sporting Clay range clubhouse this week, and the guys were passing around a recent stainless Taurus .357 revolver that had blown the cylinder and top strap due to a handloading error. STUFF HAPPENS!

gold40

You said it all in one word Taurus...junk

Sidelock
Sidelock

I HAVE ONLY SEEN TWO BLOWUPS AND BOTH WITH FACTORY AMMO.
ONE WAS A MOSSBURG PUMP THAT WAS NEAR NEW AND THE OTHER A BROWNING GTI O/U WITH WINCHESTER TRAP AMMO.

Sidelock
Sidelock

From the owners of a local skeet range who have had two blowups in more than 20 million rounds shot there. Both were hand loads. Nobody was hurt in either one.

So many guns, so little time!
Sidelock
Sidelock

Don't be bad mouthing Teds pumper...

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: RichardBrewster
Of the few photos I have seen of blown up barrels, most have been fluid steel, not Damascus. That said, it would be very worthwhile to have a good analysis of the barrels that just blew up in Maryland.

Same here, Richard. But given that the number of rounds fired through Damascus guns is tiny compared to the use to which guns with fluid steel barrels are put, that shouldn't come as a surprise. About all it tells us is that accidents happen, even with "modern" firearms. And, at least on occasion, using factory ammunition.

I don't think there's any good way we can compare Damascus blowups, in terms of how often it happens out of the number of rounds fired, to fluid steel catastrophic failures. And to that we might want to consider how often older (say maybe pre-WWII) fluid steel barrels blow compared to more modern ones. But there are a host of factors involved. Like older barrels having been honed, chambers lengthened, etc.

What it comes down to is that by exercising proper caution and common sense, we should be able to reduce these incidents significantly. But we'll never eliminate them totally.

Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.