April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
1 members (WJW), 383 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,443
Posts544,800
Members14,405
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
Sidelock
Sidelock

The NHL is a very wholesome league if you are looking for a new sport to follow. I have to warn you though that there are quite a few of THOSE people in it. You know...Canadians.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: lonesome roads
The NHL is a very wholesome league if you are looking for a new sport to follow. I have to warn you though that there are quite a few of THOSE people in it. You know...Canadians.

Thanks Lonesome but I already follow the NHL.

I hear people in your neck of the woods are chanting over and over again, THREEPEAT THREEPEAT!!!

Do you know what team they're referring to, Lonesome?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Stan
Money talks. If you don't agree with the player's protests, vote with your checkbook. Money is the only thing that matters to these sponsors, and their money, and the monies from ticket sales, is the only thing that matters to the NFL. Changing it won't happen immediately, but it could be done.

As for me, "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn".

SRH

I was listening to the radio news on the way to work when this controversy was being reported. I thought : How many businesses would allow their employees to disrespect their customers? If I didn't stand to greet and shake hands with an airline executive visiting my company, I'd be fired. Even our CEO would be fired. Free speech or not. An airline exec that was snubbed would likely sway his company to buy Airbus instead.

Later I found an article where Mike Rowe (Dirty Jobs) commented. It's in the hands of the fans. http://dailycaller.com/2017/09/25/mike-r...nthem-protests/

I think all the NFL commissioner and owners are crapping their shorts about now.

I'm not a regular or even irregular NFL viewer. So, I don't have a dog in this.

Also, I see the NFL as about a generation away from vanishing. The concussion issue is not going away. The first effect will be on very young kid football organizations being largely avoided by parents, eventually leading to their demise. Next will be high schools, which will cascade into college and finally the NFL. This protest stuff is just sucking money out of their revenue and hastening the process, imo.

A majority of the millennial and gen x people I work with watch soccer anyway. Could be a trend.

Last edited by Chuck H; 09/28/17 08:06 AM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: lonesome roads

Yup, that's us. Polite, deferential and always apologizing.

If that's how you like your televised sports then the NHL may be for you!!

Except, don't watch or cheer for the Red Wings. Those guys are jerks. They need their lights punched out. Just 'cause.

Last edited by canvasback; 09/28/17 08:24 AM.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

I went to a pro hockey game in Atlanta once, long ago when the game first came South. Didn't have a clue what was going on, but it sure was fast...Geo

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Wonko the Sane
Originally Posted By: Geo. Newbern
The President of the United States has been ridiculed and lambasted for daring to comment on pro football player's protest of our Country's flag and National Anthem.

Good to know that so many here are actually aware of what is happening in the world and are so thoroughly cognizant of the concepts embodied in the Constitution and it's Amendments. Ever wonder why that one was NUMBER ONE?

Doctor Wonko, if the player's protest is "free speech" then why would you think that the President's protest of the protest was not?...Geo

Sidelock
Sidelock

Is Lonesome a Red Wings Fan? I thought he liked the Caps.

I'll have to say one thing about those Russian players, man do they have beautiful wives!!!

Sidelock
Sidelock

I'm a Wings fan, but they're not giving me much to cheer about lately. What's wrong canvasback, did the Wings kick the shi# out of your team once too often in the past? Not to worry, right now everyone is returning the favor. I to have quit watching NFL games till someone gets their head screwed on right.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I have no issues with the rights outlined in the US Constitution.
Additionally, I have no issues executing my rights to voice displeasure/or not support athletes or others that I feel disrespect our flag or National Anthem.

Dodging lions and wasting time.....
Sidelock
Sidelock

Just exactly why are these people protesting? Maybe that they are overpaid?

Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.