March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
2 members (Ted Schefelbein, Marc Ret), 822 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,009
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Sidelock
Sidelock

I am starting the packing process today. This year, I am coming to shoot.

I have heard that SxS sales are slow. It is not my fault.

Since last year I have added a Parker 12ga VH 28"/32" 2 bbl set, a Churchill Premier 12/30" SLE, Petrik 20 O/U, Midland 12 30" BLNE (project), Midland SLE 12 30" (Very Best Quality), a Fox Sterlingworth 12 30" BLE and a Robust self-opening 16 SxS with working retractable sling hidden in the stock. I sold other guns to off-set the purchases. SxS activity may be slow, but it is not dead.

The Petrik 20 is not a SxS. However, it has POW grip, double triggers, ejectors, no side ribs, a solid rib for sighting. It is the strange early toplever bolting gun design that Remington used to make the 32. It has great engraving. It was just too weird not to own. I guess you could say it is the great-grandfather of the K-80. I had only seen one in 12 ga before finding this gun.

I may pair up the Churchill and Midland SLEs for the flurry. I will have the Boswell pair of Best side-lever BLEs as an option for the Flurry. There are events for single shooter with pair and teams with pairs. I will be available to help other shooters with pairs who need loaders or stuffers. Just look me up. It wouldn't be the first time I loaded for the folks who beat me for HOA (including last year).

Last year I bought a new vest from Best. I have been very happy with it. Best will be returning as a vendor this year.
Give his rack a look. My vest is now embroidered so I can be found. Please say Hi if you spot me.

I am looking forward to seeing old friends and meeting new ones.

Joe Norcom
Charlotte, NC

Eis Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: MattH
Eis, that is what it is. See the registration form (and fill it out and come join us this year). Under 16 would be Junior. ----Matt

Matt,
I was referring to you listing seniors as 16 to 60 or whatever, I just think you switched around the seniors age group for the vets age group, that's all. So if my post upset you, I won't be able to make it this year unfortunately

Sidelock
Sidelock

Eis, Seniors would normally be described as shooters "Over 60" or whatever age is determined by the organization. 16 to 60 would be more appropriately described as "Open Class"

MattH Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Eis

Matt,
I was referring to you listing seniors as 16 to 60 or whatever, I just think you switched around the seniors age group for the vets age group, that's all. So if my post upset you, I won't be able to make it this year unfortunately

Eis, I apologize for sounding frustrated. I'm sorry you can't make it this year. I do hope you'll join us again one year and I get a chance to meet you. ---Matt

----MattH
President, Ga. Vintagers
Sidelock
Sidelock

The Vintage Gunners has added or modified some events to encourage more women shooters. Please pass the word. I think the 50-target Ladies Only Side Event to be shot on Friday or Saturday will be very popular. Any gauge is acceptable plus there will be winners in the Hammer Gun and Hammerless categories.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I am thinking about coming on Sunday. I have never been before. What time do I need to be there by to shoot the main event? Is there a single start time, or just start when I get there? Info about how the day goes is appreciated.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I will be the guy with Lederhosen (non of my ancestors would have starred in Downton Abbey) and a yellow Labrador. See you all Saturday.

MattH Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Newlyn1, You'll need to be there in time to be on the course by 1pm, I believe.

The weather forecast is very good for the whole weekend. Look forward to seeing everyone there.---Matt

----MattH
President, Ga. Vintagers
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.